NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 08:30 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Hey you, guard that mumie rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrunkZombieOffline
Post subject: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2011 - 10:35 AM

United States of America
This hasn't come up yet, but I am playing a Chaos Pact team in my league and want to have a ruling on hand in case it does.

I know that normally an Ogre or a Minotaur can count as an adjacent standing player for the Troll's Really Stupid roll because neither has Really Stupid. However what if the Ogre missed his Bonehead roll, would he still count? Reading both Bonehead and Really Stupid would indicate that he would. Really Stupid only says that it has to be a standing adjacent player without Really Stupid and makes no mention that they can't have lost their action and tacklezones due to missing a Boneheaded roll or being Hypnotic Gazed. Bonehead only states that they lose their action, tacklezones, cannot voluntarily move and cannot assist in a block or foul. It doesn't state that he can't count as an assist for Really Stupid and such an assist isn't an action either. However it could be argued that the spirit of the rules might indicate that a Bonehead or gazed player wouldn't count.

I would think that their shouldn't be any questions about a minotaur since missing a wild animal roll simply ends his turn.

Is their any official ruling on this or common house rule?

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2011 - 11:32 AM

I would suggest that a players without a tackle zone can't assist. they cna't for anything else in the game, like blocking and fouling.

Jon

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2011 - 09:41 PM

United States of America
Anyone can assist a RS player OTHER THAN another RS player. (Trolls don't party) (under Really Stupid)

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2011 - 12:39 AM

that wasn't what he asked...

Jon

dahtOffline
Post subject: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2011 - 08:33 PM

The current ruleset does not mention tackle zones, just that a non-really stupid player needs to be adjacent.. so a rules lawyer would say an boneheaded ogre would work fine, but another active troll would not (take that goblins!)

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2011 - 09:11 PM

United States of America
"grebo look at this long berger I just pulled of your nose"

DrunkZombieOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2011 - 07:17 AM

United States of America
      daht wrote:
The current ruleset does not mention tackle zones, just that a non-really stupid player needs to be adjacent.. so a rules lawyer would say an boneheaded ogre would work fine, but another active troll would not (take that goblins!)

This is exactly what I am saying. So is there no official ruling or errata? Otherwise I will have to talk to our league commish and see what he thinks. I don't want to be blindsided by someone arguing that my bonehead ogre can't assist. In situations when the Ogre is assisting, I will try to move the troll first. However there may be situations when I can't, or the ogre is boneheaded from the previous turn.

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2011 - 07:34 AM

I do not think it is particularly being a rules lawyer. The rules do not require that the adjacent player have active tackle zones. Therefore, the bonehead ogre counts as having a "standing player adjacent."

The same thing could happen if you are playing against vampires and they have hypno-gazed a player standing next to a troll.

It seems to me that it would be rules lawyer-ish to argue that the "intent" of the rule is for a bonehead player to not assist with really stupid. The rules seem clear to me.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2011 - 12:20 PM

United States of America
IT just says "Standing" it does not mention active tackle zones. So yea the Boneheaded player may incourage the 2+ roll for the RS player

Darkson
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 21, 2011 - 05:22 AM

Undisclosed
Wow! Just looked through my old LRBs, and it's always be written like that.
So when (and where and why!) did we start playing it had to be a player with a TZ....

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 21, 2011 - 10:08 PM

United States of America
Same here Darkson. Years (and I play RS players (and coaches) )I have played TZs

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2011 - 04:54 AM

seemed more logical and no one has ever questioned it before

I guess also because not many teams mix really stupid players with bonehead etc (until pact really existed) and hypnotic gaze isn't overly commonly used

Jon

IronjawOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Assisting a Really Stupid Player  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2011 - 04:54 AM

Undisclosed

The answer is NO.

Assisting a really stupid player like Grumbledook is NOT allowed.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic