NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 03:34 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dwarf Cheerleaders, why bother? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Alkaline13Offline
8 Post subject: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 12:49 AM

Aurora, IL, USA
While everyone still have this past NAFWC on their minds.. I want to begin to gather some basic information in regards to the 2015 NAFWC event. If you could, please take a few minutes and read over / fill out this form to help me out!

This basic form will help me find out where most people would like to see the next world cup take place. In addition to location, it will give me an idea of addition information I will need to look up for individuals who are attending.

Thank you very much in advance - I appreciate it!

Click here to help!

Last edited by Alkaline13 on Dec 05, 2011 - 03:11 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 02:48 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
You may want to ask about most convenient time of year and the amount of notice people would need in order to go.

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 02:49 AM

Aurora, IL, USA
At this point, I'm wondering which city has their interest. My intention is to make a much more specific form after I have a general idea of where people would want to travel to.

The second form will have time of year, activities outside of the tournament, more detailed travel arrangements, and more.

Thanks for the input -- keep it coming!

MepmuffOffline
Post subject: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 04:53 AM

Undisclosed
the following question was marked required:
      Quote:
Which MAJOR tournaments have you attended? *

I lied and said I've attended The Southern Wastes Scrimmage...

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 05:20 AM

Aurora, IL, USA
      Mepmuff wrote:
the following question was marked required:
      Quote:
Which MAJOR tournaments have you attended? *

I lied and said I've attended The Southern Wastes Scrimmage...

How dare you! Rolling Eyes Razz

SebcoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 05:58 AM

France
I also lied and said I've attended the Southern Wastes Scrimmage as it was mandatory to select a major tournament (I've attended the 2 NAF WC but no more major tournaments).

Bowl des Neiges XIX : 2022 february 26th & 27th

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 05:58 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      Alkaline13 wrote:
after I have a general idea of where people would want to travel to.

Having thought about this for an Australian tournament we worked out 3 factors we thought mattered most for location.

1) Accessibility. e.g. are there direct flights from European capitals?
2) "Pull" - is it somewhere people would be likely to visit in its own right - i.e. how big a tourist destination is it
3) Organisation - is it somewhere with enough local support to actually make it happen. Depending on how experienced the team is in setting up large events (I reckon you'd need to allow for 200-300) then you may find it quite hard to organise event in a state or city you don't live in or know well.

I suspect for the US #3 is going to be a bigger factor than it is for the Australians since more cities get through 1 & 2.

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 06:07 AM

Aurora, IL, USA
      Doubleskulls wrote:
      Alkaline13 wrote:
after I have a general idea of where people would want to travel to.

Having thought about this for an Australian tournament we worked out 3 factors we thought mattered most for location.

1) Accessibility. e.g. are there direct flights from European capitals?
2) "Pull" - is it somewhere people would be likely to visit in its own right - i.e. how big a tourist destination is it
3) Organisation - is it somewhere with enough local support to actually make it happen. Depending on how experienced the team is in setting up large events (I reckon you'd need to allow for 200-300) then you may find it quite hard to organise event in a state or city you don't live in or know well.

I suspect for the US #3 is going to be a bigger factor than it is for the Australians since more cities get through 1 & 2.

All valid points and all things for me to take into account once more people answer the survey Wink if people are most interested in a US city, then forming the right team of organizers will be key -- if the majority of people aren't interested in a US city, then me worrying will be a moot point.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 06:40 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I think you need to remember that this is more like the Olympics - organising committees bid to win the right to host. So in your shoes I'd be aiming to put together a really strong bid around US cities that have the best accessibility and appeal.

Until the bids are in, the reviewing committee won't be able to make a decision. The decision they do make will take in a lot of factors - not just the appeal of the destination and likely headcount. For example the reviewing committee may actually give a preference to bids outside of Europe as it is seen to enhance the global commitment of the NAF and help build the hobby in other regions.

MepmuffOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 06:42 AM

Undisclosed
      Quote:
if the majority of people aren't interested in a US city, then me worrying will be a moot point.

Please, don't be put off to easily... While many Europeans might prefer all world cups to be held in Europe it doesn't mean they won't enjoy coming to the USA.

I really hope the USA does put forward a strong bid.

SebcoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 06:52 AM

France
The link to your survey is on the main BB french forum.

Concerning the interest in US cities or not, I've indicated in my topic on the french forum that WC 2015 should theorically takes place in North America. I didn't think your question about the place was a so opened question...

In my mind, if you ask 500 french coachs if they would want the WC to take place in USA or anywhere else... well, most of them will say, duh, anywhere? In France!

I think we have a very dynamic community in France and if World Cup takes place in USA, there will be at least 4 or 5 french teams (maybe more but it's very difficult to know that 4 years in advance). In spite of that, there are more french coachs abble to attend a WC in France than in USA. So, in my mind, we have to take in account that 2 first WC were in Europe and accept that 3rd is in North America instead of sound out European coachs to know if they prefer WC to take place in Europe or anywhere else. Wink

Bowl des Neiges XIX : 2022 february 26th & 27th

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 06:54 AM

Aurora, IL, USA
      Mepmuff wrote:
      Quote:
if the majority of people aren't interested in a US city, then me worrying will be a moot point.

Please, don't be put off to easily... While many Europeans might prefer all world cups to be held in Europe it doesn't mean they won't enjoy coming to the USA.

I really hope the USA does put forward a strong bid.

Not put off yet Very Happy

I'm sure there are lots of coaches that would love to have such a big event run near them. (myself included) Which is why I'm going to try everything I can to get a proper bid put together. At this point, I'm simply getting the info from the community to see where their mind is at the moment.

I need to find out what information people would like that way I can bribe you all into coming to America in 2015

Laughing

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 06:58 AM

Aurora, IL, USA
      Sebco wrote:
The link to your survey is on the main BB french forum.

Concerning the interest in US cities or not, I've indicated in my topic on the french forum that WC 2015 should theorically takes place in North America. I didn't think your question about the place was a so opened question...

In my mind, if you ask 500 french coachs if they would want the WC to take place in USA or anywhere else... well, most of them will say, duh, anywhere? In France!

I think we have a very dynamic community in France and if World Cup takes place in USA, there will be at least 4 or 5 french teams (maybe more but it's very difficult to know that 4 years in advance). In spite of that, there are more french coachs abble to attend a WC in France than in USA. So, in my mind, we have to take in account that 2 first WC were in Europe and accept that 3rd is in North America instead of sound out European coachs to know if they prefer WC to take place in Europe or anywhere else. Wink

Thank you very much! I understand what you mean, and I agree with you 100% If you asked 100 coaches where they would like the World Cup to take place, they'd probably say in their back yard Laughing I want people to be able to choose where they feel the best place to host the event would be. I think that there are some amazing cities in the USA that could host this event.. and I hope others feel the same way I do

GeggsterOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: NAFWC 2015  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 08:16 AM
NAF Treasurer

As you might imagine that this subject came up more than once at the World Cup. The NAF is a global organisation and shouldn't limit itself to being in Europe - we all get that in principle.

I also think that the majority would imagine that a third WC in Europe would be best for absolute numbers.

The question for me (or more appropriate, the decision making body) is how many people in various locations would represent success?

Would 150 Americans/Canadians and 150 Europeans/Aussies all descending on Las Vegas for three days represent success and a progression of the BB community? I would say probably yes - although a large amount of Europeans would be disappointed.

Would 100 N.Americans and 80 Europeans/Aussies represent success? Hm - trickier. Those types of numbers might appear to be a failure - especially if you thought you might have got, say, 500/600 attendees in Europe (but a lot of disappointed guys from USA/Can).

Of course, the dilemma is there is no real way of predicting these numbers 12 months before the event, let alone 4 years.

I certainly look forward to a bid from as many countries as possible and the coming discussions to the merits of various locations.

VolstaggOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 12:21 PM

Switzerland
I think that at the end the best bid should always win, but also encouraging the widespread of the WC through all the continents should be considered as Geggster says.

Maybe stablishing a rate "forcing" the WC to be played in other continents like this: 1 time in Europe/1 time USA-Canada/1 Europe/1 time Australia-NZ... just an idea.

@Alkaline13: I'll post a thread with the link to your poll at the spanish forum, so you can get more opinions. Thanks for the initiative!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic