NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 01:27 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Chainsaws for everyone! Take action NOW! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
phoenix_gOffline
Post subject: 2100 humans vs. 2340 orcs...help needed  PostPosted: Nov 24, 2011 - 06:25 AM

Hey All

I have a game on saturday against an orc player in my league (currently top of the league at that rate)

All his team have block, 4 black orcs + 1 ST4 lineman (all of whom have guard), troll (also with block and guard), 2 goblins with dodge, block, sidestep and catch, a level 5 thrower, blitzers and a lineman. All have a couple of other skills as well.

My team all block bar 1, 3 catchers all level 5 (block dodge nerves of steel catch, then diving catch, leap, kick), 4 blitzers (all level 3 with block guard, then mightly blow x 2 and tackle), ogre with guard and mightly blow, 2 x throwers (pass, accurate, nerves of steel, block and one with leader), then linesmen with a couple of various skills

So i almost always lose against him as get out strengthed and he almost always has a 2 dice block on me

Any ideas?

Thanks! If i can win, will be the difference between me playing him in the semi finals or the finals in out end of quarter cup

Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
elscorchoOffline
Post subject: RE: 2100 humans vs. 2340 orcs...help needed  PostPosted: Dec 02, 2011 - 01:20 PM

Sorry I didn't read this until it was too late, but how did the game turn out?

phoenix_gOffline
Post subject: RE: 2100 humans vs. 2340 orcs...help needed  PostPosted: Dec 06, 2011 - 04:01 AM

I got whooped! lol 3-1 was really unlucky though, he one diced my blitzer with mighty blow, guard, block and tackle and killed him even with my apoth, to make it worse it was a noob thrower! I double skulled twice and rolled double one fumbling a pass and a dodge at critical points. so just think i wasnt meant to win

I only ended up with 7 on the pitch at the end of the final half as he just kept rolling 10's for the armour

Im actually playing him again tonight so any help would be appreciated

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: 2100 humans vs. 2340 orcs...help needed  PostPosted: Dec 06, 2011 - 05:58 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Developed orc teams with goblins? Bah... hunt the goblins with your tackle/MB blitzers. If you don't blitz a goblin every turn you need to ask yourself why... if the answer isn't "because there are none left" or "I can't possibly reach them" it better be because you'll get a hit on the ball carrier.

Your advantage is your speed, so try to encourage him to concentrate his team, then use your speed to move the ball away and get him playing catch up. Use linemen to tie down the BOBs so they stay away from the action.

NashrakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 06, 2011 - 08:53 AM

As an orc player i found "using corners" is the key to breaking formations down, by this you look to the weakest point in his line and work down the line, or you can stand off elf style and delay him and if he makes a mistake pounce using your slightly better mobility.

Or Line man up vs his black orcs so he cant free them up without a blitz, then take down his str 3 players, as guard is only so good anf if you take down his main ball carrier you force him out of his comfort zone.

Also try to force the troll to make 4+ stupidity rolls if you can with your pushes.

Id also suggest moving him around, especuially on your drive, use your speed to pull him to one side, lock it down with linemen, then drive the other side, you can get maybe a turn before his big guns get free and roll over so you will have to be decsive.

In defence id frustrate him with stepping off him, you cant outfight a multi str 4 block guard front line, you need to force him to make his move and either hope for a turn over or make him have to spread out to cover the threats.

I dont envy you though Razz 2340 orcs are fearsome

phoenix_gOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 08, 2011 - 05:15 AM

Ok so i tried and failed again, lost 2-1 this time, had a fairly good start with a 2 turn TD when receiving. However on his first turn he managed to injure 3 of my front line, and kill a lineman! Not a good start

Then on his second turn he managed to kill morg and injure a blitzer!

I think it just wasnt meant to be!

Even with a 2 dodge, 2 GFI and a throw with nerves of steel i thumbled the throw! Argh!

Oh well, not in the final of this quarter, and its dungeon bowl next quarter

Oh yeah, he now 2500!! :O

NashrakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 08, 2011 - 04:56 PM

Do you have ageing or spiralling expenses?

phoenix_gOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 13, 2011 - 06:48 AM

Nashrak wrote:
Do you have ageing or spiralling expenses?

We have spiralling expenses but not ageing, think we all have about 500k in there though at the moment so no real effect

We are going to do a quarter of dungeon bowl and then retire the teams. I think its best, he also has a thrower with pass, accurate, block, guard, safethrow and +1 ag

How ever many times he goes down, i can never seem to injure

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic