NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 03:03 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Casualty! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: Game Result concerning final score of a Blood Bowl Match  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 - 02:53 PM

United States of America
What would you consider the reason for a score of 1-1, 1-0 or 0-0 in a match. The lack of a good offense or the presence of a good Defense. Also same question with a score of 4-3 4-4 and 5-4. Or can this be answered.
Just looking for comments. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer by the way.

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Game Result concerning final score of a Blood Bowl Match  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'd put it down to the play styles of the two coaches involved

Good defences can mean low scores but so can bad defences if the coaches grind out the halves. On the flip side a good defence can mean a few quick turnover scores but then the second half the other team comes back due to having weight of numbers. There are so many variations on these themes as well.

Jon

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: RE: Game Result concerning final score of a Blood Bowl Match  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 - 05:44 PM

United States of America
So you are saying that a good defense can not be beaten by a good Offense. Interesting.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Game Result concerning final score of a Blood Bowl Match  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 - 10:15 PM

it can, though then you kick the ball to the other team, their offence would then also need to look to score quickly in order for the match to be high scoring

for most teams that isn't really the optimal winning strategy, especially if the other team is more capable of scoring in a short turn drive than yours

Jon

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Game Result concerning final score of a Blood Bowl Match  PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 - 06:41 AM

Canada
Yeah, I am with Grumbledook. The high score games are usually one or two super-offence teams just trying to outscore the other and not necessarily stop the other on defence. I find the 0-0 and 1-0 scores are more to do with alot of turnovers back and forth resulting in low scores (either from good defence or bad luck), 1-1 is the extremely common score I find for two good defences.

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Game Result concerning final score of a Blood Bowl Match  PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 - 09:59 AM

Canada
I recently played against a Human team in our league and I ended winning 5-4 with Gobbos. Now in this case and all who know my style of playing would consider this pure luck with the dice. With Gobbos there is no defense in their game play and any offence is normally luck but I had three throw team mate and two running TD`s. The Human team just tore me a new hole and was able to score quite easily.
In this style of game with all the different styles of teams and also the different coaching styles even with the same team it is never really a SURE think that a good defense or a good offense is better.
Yes I do admit that there is always the side of luck in this game and more times than not it plays into a game even if people do not realise it. How many times did any of you make a go-for-it on the goal line to score the winning TD or even just a TD to just rack up some points and roll the damn 1 with the reroll of 1. That is just one example and there are many more out there.....

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic