NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 11:08 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dodge this! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AngusDadOffline
Post subject: Travel Fantasy Football  PostPosted: May 24, 2012 - 01:12 PM

Undisclosed
Magnetic Travel Fantasy Football
Some of you may know me as MrHannah (cheers DonVito for the name) as my daughter Hanna-666 is a far better player than me but she brought me into a fantastic NAF community. I'm a moderate player (129 of 190 at 2012 NAFUK Tourney). One of the great things about travelling around the UK to take part in tourneys is that me and Hann-666 travel by train (always 1st class as its my way of spoiling at great kid). The usual train journey is about 2-3hrs so I had the idea of creating a travel fantasy set where you could play it on a train, it would be magnetic so pieces would not move when the train went argumental! and it had to be small enough to take up 2 seats and a table shared. This meant the board needed to be no larger than A3! the next question was should I create a human and orc team as the usual bloodbowl system does or should I attempt to create a number of pieces that could create every team, That was a no brainer! it had to be 2 teams, miniture, magnetic that covered all LRB 5 and 6.
So I went about the research: looking online a number of people have done the same thing and the overall view was if you want to create miniture figures then Warhammer Epic 40k are best as they come with armour and look a little like fantasy football players. So I ordered elves, humans and dwarves from GW epic. Next thing was to base them so that you could tell if they were runners, blitzers, special etc and I did this by glueing them to different shaped wooden blocks.
The next thing was how could I make it magnetic? I contacted a company in gateshead (I'm a geordie BB Guy) who could transfer a FF board to a magnetic A3 sheet so all I needed to do was glue a small steel washer to all the bases. So its done: I now have a magnetic travell FF set set that has 21 figures per team (including big guy) x 2 teams plus magnetic board and skill rings, pass rule, and USB flash drive with all the rules and team spreadsheets with explanations of the bases, additionally to this each set has a treeman and a deathroller This means with my set you can create every LRB 5 & 6 teams. I'm going to try and upload a photo.
Finally this was a personal challenge and is not for profit but if you are interested in how I did this then contact me @ paddy.stevenson@ncl.ac.uk

Reply with quote Back to top
BayernkiniOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 25, 2012 - 02:21 AM

What about this magnetic travelling BB-Box Wink

http://www.comixininos.com/index.php/accesorios/campos/mini-bb-magnetico-de-viaje-lei.html

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 25, 2012 - 04:50 AM

Portugal
Hi MrHannah, and congrats on your first post!

As mentioned by Bayernkini there has been a couple of fellow BB gamers with a similar idea - which proves it's indeed a good idea.
How about posting a couple of pics to show us your work, before we flood your mailbox with questions?
Very Happy

Cheers,
A.

AngusDadOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 25, 2012 - 11:24 AM

Undisclosed
Hi byernkini - yes i looked at the cmmininos set but it looks a bit small a toy like using square counters whereas i wanted the feel of real figures. Will poost some pics as soon as i work our how to do it

AngusDadOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 25, 2012 - 12:33 PM

Undisclosed
In answer requests to upload photos. I'm afraid i dont seem to be able to. Prob limitation of andtoid phone so instead have put them on my twitter account: @angusdad so feel free to have a look. Key thing is i wanted a mini set that had real figures you can hold and paint rather than cut out printed counters

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2012 - 10:34 AM

If you upload them to somewhere like dropbox then you can just put the links to them using the IMG button to show up on here

having seen it in the flesh, nice bit of kit you knocked up

Jon

AngusDadOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2012 - 05:00 AM

Undisclosed
Hi Grumbledook
Thanks for the advice hopefully this will add the link to the dropbox site with the photos[https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c3k1asgt6ud3gnn/ArFhXY60wE]
Paddy

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2012 - 05:29 AM

you need to "copy public link" and make sure the pictures are in your public folder on dropbox then put the url in [img] tags, easiest way of doing that is highlighting the link in the reply box and clicking the IMG button

Jon

AngusDadOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2012 - 05:24 AM

Undisclosed
Ok all
lets see if this works

pics of the travel set on dropbox

AngusDadOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2012 - 05:26 AM

Undisclosed
ok they came out a bit big

AngusDadOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2012 - 12:49 PM

Undisclosed
Let me have feedback I do have one prototype available if anyone is interested

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic