NAF Logo
leftstar May 22, 2024 - 03:32 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
It's like chess only... different. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VerrinhoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to Pay  PostPosted: May 10, 2012 - 05:30 AM

Italy
uh...that's strange Sad I will never win it anyway!
see ya!

Reply with quote Back to top
BeppeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to  PostPosted: May 10, 2012 - 11:30 AM
Former President

Italy
      verrinho wrote:
uh...that's strange

No, it's not... it's a prize we have only in Italy... Wink

VerrinhoOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and How to  PostPosted: May 10, 2012 - 04:03 PM

Italy
      Beppe wrote:
      verrinho wrote:
uh...that's strange

No, it's not... it's a prize we have only in Italy... Wink

oh really? that's why I find it strange...I played only in Italy as far as today :p
anywway I find it really useful and realistic, more than a casualty price, which I love by the way!
PS @ beppe: everything's fine with the roster?

BeppeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: The NAF Championship 2012 - Rules and Ho  PostPosted: May 10, 2012 - 11:57 PM
Former President

Italy
I took almost all the rosters from Italian players. Today I'll send an e-mail to the organization to complete the pre-registration

antipixiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2012 - 12:20 PM

Bedford, UK
I don't know if this has already been mooted, but would it be possible that next year that rosters could be submitted through STARS?

I'm not a programmer, but it must be possible to add a mod that would regulate rosters to the tournament rules and thus make submitting and checking much simpler. (Even if only half the coaches created roster through the system, they would effectively be pre-checked.)

+ STARS is very convenient for printing off easily legible rosters.

Sorry if this has already been broached, but it seems logical to me.

Chris

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2012 - 01:22 PM

England
Good idea, will definitely take note and bear in mind for future.

PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2012 - 12:56 AM

Spain
Hello!

Finally I could post in the NAFC topic! We were in silence due to the surprise given to our first LBN married, Juster (AKA the Snow Troll).

Now, I could thank all NAF Staff for this fantastic event. Certainly, the previously known Bloodbowl has reached the level he deserved, in numbers, in countries participating and so...

I would thank specially to Pippy his effort to help us in maintain all the bunch subscribed but hidden, the support and the advice.

Thank you also to all my opponents. Was amazing to play against 2 english, 2 italian and 2 french players. Such an experience that you could only have there. I will make it extensively to all the LBN opponents and the players that we met in the tournament. Some of them old friends and other new ones. Thank you all for an excellent experience again.

About the tournament itself, it was very well organized. All rounds were played on time (very important point involving 190 players), referees were also available and very kind, and the venue is perfect not only to play but also to spare time between rounds (you have a shop, a museum and a bar...).

Although the tournament was very good assessed, I think feedback would be appreciated, and that's because I want to make some comments. Some of them maybe are not easily (or even impossible) to implement, and probably they were also considered. But in any case comment them maybe could help organizers.

- About painting contest. As experienced painter, I think it is a pity to be in the Warhammer world and not take profit on the bunch of Pro-Painters that 'Eavy Metal has. From the point of view of painting "as an art" to have an experienced and skilled jury would be better than a fast referee selection and player voting. Maybe GW wouldn't help you in this point, but for a massive event as NAFC I think an effort to recruit at least 2-3 independent Golden Demon painters for a volunteer jury would rise the painting prize level. To select the teams during saturday morning and to exhibit them in saturday and sunday lunch will also give the players the opportunity to enjoy them. An independent painting jury will also get this part of referees work, so permitting them to focus on the tournament even better.

- About Stunty Cup. As stunties usually are not in high tables in final rounds (even the best ones) I think to take best two stunty teams to perform a Stunty Cup parallel final wouldn't mess the tournament round 6 so much. It on the other hand would give the Stunty Cup some extra relevance and hopefully promote the stunty teams subscription a little bit.

- Following stunties issues... You could also consider to include as stunties the "Skink" teams (made only with skinks and kroxigor) and the full-goblin Underworld (with troll and no skavens in them). They will also add some variety to the Stunty Cup.

- About the tournament final itself. I think you certainly need to place it in a preeminent place. Some of us think that final was played on table 1, but the real final place wasn't so important IMO. Maybe saving a little extra space in the center of Warhammer world or moving some tables in the last round... I think to raise this will be not so easy if you consider to move the final place, but I should note it because our mistake. It is better to have the final in a easily findable and preeminent place without the necessity of asking someone.

- And in the personal opinion part: I prefer to have tournaments with all the skills from the round one. It is more simple in order to check rosters and to start rounds. I don't know how many players joined the tournament the saturday morning, but maybe to close subscriptions Wednesday, Thursday or Friday will help to avoid the roster checking on saturday. As in the World Cup, it is preferred for many players to have round one on friday and just arrive to the venue and play. There are some resuorces in spain to implement a subscription website in with to enter the rosters and assign the skills, providing the organization a good tool to reduce their work on saturday morning. Just take into account, we could help on that.

And that's it. I hope it will help you and hopefully we could be there next year!!!

azzroagOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hi,

Thanks for all ! this was a perfect weekend !

I have made a little summary of my weekend here : http://www.grenierdeslegendes.info/2012/05/22/retour-sur-le-naf-championship/
(in french sorry)

I have take some photos of the price ! if you want your photo, please send me a mp here with your mail !

See you next year

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2012 - 06:32 PM

Soooooo.....who won?

Would be nice to see who was the overall winner and the runnner up. I realise that organiser is busy entering all the results, etc, but would be nice to have someone who was there let us know who is the NAF Champion for 2012 (or is it 2512?)

ThadrinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 24, 2012 - 12:25 AM

Sweden
The winner was KÃ¥re Foooooooood from Denmark with Dark Elves.
MFGP (Podfrey) took the League title with Dwarfs.

Still no sign of the complete standings.

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 24, 2012 - 04:01 AM

England
Hi Pako

Thanks for the kind words and also for the feedback.

Painting competition - plenty of things to consider there. We will certainly review it.

The final - it's a balance between creating the necessary atmosphere while giving the guys space from all the people who will inevitably be watching. Will look into ways of making it more visible.

Stunty and Skills - again we'll look at it, but my own feeling is that these things both work well. We'll have a think.

Cheers
B

KFogedOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 24, 2012 - 05:12 AM

England
      Pippy wrote:
The final - it's a balance between creating the necessary atmosphere while giving the guys space from all the people who will inevitably be watching. Will look into ways of making it more visible.

We had plenty with space (only had a crowd for the last couple of turns really), but the lightning was really bad and those tables was just awfull to play Sad

It can only get better for next year! Very Happy

Thanks for a good tournament,

KFoged

BeppeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 24, 2012 - 05:52 AM
Former President

Italy
Congratz Kfoged!!! Well deserved Smile

blackbullOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2012 - 08:31 AM

Finland
Thanks for a great event and fun tournament!

I played my first Blood Bowl games almost 20 years ago, when tabletop games and miniatures were just a marginal hobby area in Finland. It was such a nice experience to finally visit Nottingham and GW, playing Blood Bowl at the origins of the game, and meeting other enthusiasts and creator(s) of the game.

Hope to be able to participate again next year! Smile

-BlackBull, team Badmoon Bashers

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2012 - 03:46 AM

England
Glad you enjoyed it. Very much hope to see you at next year's NAFC!

Brendan

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic