NAF Logo
leftstar May 09, 2024 - 07:10 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
This happened to me only yesterday rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GeggsterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 02, 2012 - 03:45 AM
NAF Treasurer

Undisclosed

Perhaps a way forward might be to allow Tournament Organisers to list them as a 25th team, if they want, and retain NAF approval. But equally allow Tournament Organisers the ability to say no to Khorne and stick with 24 teams.

Not saying that that is the answer - just one potential solution. I don't think people should expect an immediate solution either. This roster has been public for 10 days so far and has gone through a very different creation process than any other rule/roster change before. There are wider implications to consider, a period of wider playtesting (surely?) and certainly website logistics too.

Reply with quote Back to top
SebcoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 02, 2012 - 10:32 AM

France
      Geggster wrote:
Perhaps a way forward might be to allow Tournament Organisers to list them as a 25th team, if they want, and retain NAF approval. But equally allow Tournament Organisers the ability to say no to Khorne and stick with 24 teams.

This sounds good to me.

You're right, we're not in a hurry. But everybody speaks about Khorne roster at the moment and that's why this question is already burning.

Bowl des Neiges XIX : 2022 february 26th & 27th

Tiamo69Offline
Post subject: Khorne Roster  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2012 - 04:13 PM

UK
Salut Sebco!

well, as my tournament, The Brewerz Bowl II starts on the 24th of November & does have a Chaos theme; i'm very interested as to whether or not this Roster will be NAF sanctioned...

@Geggster - i'll be dropping Pippy (& Lycos) a line about this tomorrow...

Brewerz Bowl is open to all 21 Races + the 3 addition Races (Slann, Underworld & Chaos Pact) and i'm debating whether or not to allow this new roster.

Lucifer/Podfrey has already asked me directly & that's what started me thinking about it...

I can definitely see Khorne being eligible for Brewerz Bowl III in 2013; not sure whether or not i'll be jumping straight in with Brewerz II...

As a fan a Chaos Pact, i can see Khorne being even madder to play due to all those double blocks burning 70K rerolls up by turns 2-3 and Coaches left with a choice between safety moves Or suicidal turn over' inducing blocks...

won't be as bad in tournaments where you start with 6 Skills but could be hysterically frustrating in those which award a new skill after each round...

& that's without thinking about holding a line of defence with players frenzying out of position...

NAF steer / guidance would be useful...

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Khorne Roster  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2012 - 08:05 PM

this thread seems to have very little to do with blood bowl rules ;]

I would point people to the NAF sanctioning thread which would be in the comments section for questions about sanctioning, there is also yet another one in the announcements

bit daft having the same thing all over the place!

though as I've stated elsewhere (and perhaps here already) it is far too early to stick the team in for NAF approval due the very limited play testing

Jon

Tiamo69Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Khorne Roster  PostPosted: Oct 04, 2012 - 04:04 AM

UK
      Grumbledook wrote:
this thread seems to have very little to do with blood bowl rules ;]

I would point people to the NAF sanctioning thread which would be in the comments section for questions about sanctioning, there is also yet another one in the announcements

bit daft having the same thing all over the place!

though as I've stated elsewhere (and perhaps here already) it is far too early to stick the team in for NAF approval due the very limited play testing

@Grumbledook that actually echoes my feelings...

I'm 99% convinced that Khorne Roster won't be eligible for the 2012 Brewerz Bowl but has strong potential to be included in the 2013.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic