NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 24, 2024 - 10:27 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Danish team - Eurobowl Drinking Champions rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LordManHammerOffline
Post subject: Les Paladins du Quenelles - Human Team  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2012 - 04:34 AM

Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to show some pics of a human team I am working on, this is my 4th team I have been painting and 2nd year I am painting minis (apart from when I was 9 back in 1990).

The team is brettonnian inspired, however our league does not play with the Breton Team, so I choose to make a human team with knights. Basically the Blitzers are 'Paladins', the linemen are knights, the catchers are squires and the throwers are scum of the earth Razz

Here is Lord Manhammer, first blitzer of Les Paladins du Quenelle.

And a team photo:

Any comments are welcome,

Cheerio,
Lord Manhammer
Edit: That is strange where is the pics? I used the img code to a link from dropbox, can anyone help?

Here is the links:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa1jplwhvnhcyld/Lord%20Manhammer.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaplne7ihlkjan5/Les%20Paladins%20de%20Quenelles.JPG

Last edited by LordManHammer on Oct 29, 2012 - 08:00 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Les Paladins du Quenelles - Human Team  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2012 - 06:37 AM

I'm not ever a fan of the medieval look for blood bowl, but you've done some nice conversions

I like the standing legs with no body ;]

Jon

KilowoggyOffline
Post subject: RE: Les Paladins du Quenelles - Human Team  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2012 - 08:31 AM

Undisclosed
Wow... Those look amazing! Love the mods, love the shields... The legs are awesome and creepy.
What are they for?

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown

LordManHammerOffline
Post subject: RE: Les Paladins du Quenelles - Human Team  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2012 - 05:35 AM

Thx both! I myself am trying to find the mix between fantasy and football, and have a Necro team where I tried a more 'football' approach, but for me is it the theme of the team that is important, and I really wanted to do a knight team Smile

The legs are... well, during the conversion I ended up with them and decided to use them as a turn marker instead of just discarding them. To keep the theme, I am working on a score marker with a severed arm holdng a ball. Oh and the shields are RR markers.

I just need to do 3 blitzers, scoremarker and the last catcher, then Im done (oh, and the big guy but can't get him untill christmas).

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Les Paladins du Quenelles - Human Team  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2012 - 07:54 AM

Portugal
What a cool team!
Both the conversions and the painting are really cool, congrats!

And by all means, please dont keep your other teams hidden from us!
Very Happy

LordManHammerOffline
Post subject: RE: Les Paladins du Quenelles - Human Team  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2012 - 02:25 AM

Ok here goes,

This is my 2nd team I painted, The Elm Street Nightmares, also my favorite team to play.

My painting history is as follows (following the teams I painted). I started in a 4 player league playing Vampires (and this was also my first games of BB) against Norse, Skaven and Undead. I was annihilated and really learned the vampire strengths and weaknesses the hard way. The painting skills I learned were really basic, like using washes and how to paint small surfaces and stuff like that. I have no pics of the team, and none will be forthcoming Wink

Our league grew after the first season as we took contact to a local gaming club, and I decided that I really would like to try out those Necro dudes (Im a Zed fan, and as my friend played undead I thought the Necros were cool). So my painting experience with them is really about highlights, The best are done on the wolves and the FGs, but I used the drybrush method a lot on them all... Maybe a bit much on the Zeds. I also did a bit of converting on the FGs, as I really diskliked their heads and replaced them with Ghoul heads (from GW) instead, and replaced 1 FG hand with a blade and bandages. And I greenstuffed a lot of helmets. I was really satisfied with the team in the end (and to be honest the Necro team is my favorite team to play, much more reliable than the vamps of course and hits the spot with bash and movement for me).

Next team was a Dark Elf team, and what I really wanted with them was modding minis into 'living' stances. So I made a team from a packages of Dark Eldar Wyches, Dark Elf Cold One Riders and Dark Elf Corsairs. The teams movement stances are great, the blitzers, runners and witchelves are cool, and the linemen are linemen... Nothing special (Ill get a photo when I get back to DK, as I am working in Kenya right now). I learned a lot about shading armor and modding with GS and models with this team. I have'nt played much with this team, although I really like DEs I think they can be a hard team to manage in a league as bad matches can result in high rehabilitation costs. And then I went to Kenya.

Here I have been painting on the Human Team above, and planning what to do next. To further my painting skills I heeded a friends advice about using shadows better, making a thin dark line between different colours, and 'placing' washes instead of just washing all of the figure. You can see the result or yourselves, but it really did something for my painting skills.

So up next, Im thinking two possibilities, either painting an Orc Team (I have my eyes on some realy nice figs here: http://www.necromstudio.com/) or redoing my beloved Elm Street Nightmares. I really want to redo the minis, keeping the figures for the FGs and the Wolves but using other figures for the Zeds (GWs Zeds with Greenstuff helmets, and a greenish skin colour), the wights (maybe keeping the body but using different arms and heads, and doing the head/hands/'skirt' in a ghostly blue/white colour) and using GW Ghouls for the Ghouls (I actually already have 1 ghoul redone, as my opponents couldnt tell the difference between my two ghouls, and I decided I didn't like their skin colour). I also would like to do 2 things, 1 have winter bases (anyone have any links to nice winter bases???) and two change the team colours into maybe Green/Orange... Still thinking about that, but I want to paint their new team symbol (the scythe from my RR markers) on one side of their helmets, and their number on the other...

What do you think?

Cheerio,
Lord Manhammer

Ps: Im still not seeing the pics when I go to this site, do you guys see them or do you follow the link?

Link for Necro Team:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d12d0tsj6ufngdc/Elm%20Street%20Nightmares.jpg

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Les Paladins du Quenelles - Human Team  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2012 - 02:45 AM

Portugal
Nice team and nice BB story 'report'!
I suppose that's the way we all evolved our skills, by adding new painting techniques, and experimenting with some conversions or GS.
Smile

I like your mini choice for the Necro team.
There's a handfull of lovely sculpted minis there, and I like even more how you felt 'helmets' where needed and just added them!
Oh, and by all means "Go-For-It" and improve them (both minis, or paint wise) if you feel you should!
You can always use the 'extra' zeds as A.Coaches, or cheerleaders!

About the pictures I only see them by the links, and right now I only see the Necros, the human team now has "Nothing Here" Dropbox note.
I did saw them a while ago, but not any more.

LordManHammerOffline
Post subject: RE: Les Paladins du Quenelles - Human Team  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2012 - 08:03 AM

Just edited the links so they work, but still no luck on trying to make them appear in my post.

Do you guts have some teams you would like to share?

Cheerio,
Lord Manhammer

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Les Paladins du Quenelles - Human Team  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2012 - 01:01 PM

Portugal
Sure, I have one over here:
http://bloodbowlmayhem.blogspot.pt/2012/05/three-chile-burrito-bandits.html

PS: On the images issue, maybe trying any other image host other then dropbox? Confused

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic