NAF Logo
leftstar May 09, 2024 - 01:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Hey you, guard that mumie rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 - 01:48 PM

United States of America
Sweltering Heat: It's so hot and humid that some players collaps from heat exhaustion. Roll a D6 for each player on the pitch at the end of a drive. On a roll of 1 the player collapses and may not be set up for the next kick-off

Now under WINNING THE MATCH

Play stops when both coaches have had eight turns each, giving the players the chance of a much needed rest, and for the coaches to replenish the team's full complement of re-roll counters on the team re-roll track. Play restarts with another kick-off at the start of the second half.

Under RE-ROLLS

At half time the two teams get a chance to reset and recuperate, and so their team re-rolls are restored to their starting level.

I think this also means that at half time you reset the players for every thing except where it says you don't as with the KO'd players. Other things like Sweltering Heat. Players get a rest and replenish at half time so they can start the second half Kick-Off ignoring the Sweltering Heat until after the next drive.

What does every one think.

Reply with quote Back to top
MepmuffOffline
Post subject: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 - 02:08 PM

Undisclosed
I think the text under sweltering heat is very clear.

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 - 02:30 PM

United States of America
The question is the interaction of the three statements not just the wording of the one statement. The culmination of the statements gives the conclusion that the players reset at the half as it describes under the RE ROLL AND WINNING THE MATCH sections of the rule book.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 - 06:58 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I think you are wrong, players miss the next drive whether that is over half time or not is irrelevant.

fnord23Offline
Post subject: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Mar 05, 2012 - 08:19 PM

Fluff is bold, rules are not.

Play stops when both coaches have had eight turns each, giving the players the chance of a much needed rest, and for the coaches to replenish the team's full complement of re-roll counters on the team re-roll track. Play restarts with another kick-off at the start of the second half.

&

At half time the two teams get a chance to reset and recuperate, and so their team re-rolls are restored to their starting level.

Fluff aint rules.

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Mar 06, 2012 - 03:27 AM

Portugal
      Doubleskulls wrote:
I think you are wrong, players miss the next drive whether that is over half time or not is irrelevant.

+1 on this.

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2012 - 10:37 AM

United States of America
      sangraal wrote:

&

Fluff aint rules.

Oh so the reference to the word "Fluff" comes up in the rules ....ah..... say .... no where. So that means there is no "Fluff" they are all rules. Please show me where it says there are "Fluff" statements and rules statements.

MepmuffOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2012 - 01:00 PM

Undisclosed
The rules under winning the match and re-rolls only mention re-rolls. No other effects are specified.

LokiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2012 - 03:30 PM

England
To answer your question, I think you will be very hard pressed to find anyone who thinks anything other than that a failed Swealting Heat roll at half-time means the player doesn't set up at the kick-off after half-time.

Trying to contradict one pretty clear rule by misinterpreting two other rules isn't really going to sway many of the patrons of this site.

fnord23Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2012 - 06:37 PM

quietdominator wrote:
      sangraal wrote:

&

Fluff aint rules.

Oh so the reference to the word "Fluff" comes up in the rules ....ah..... say .... no where. So that means there is no "Fluff" they are all rules. Please show me where it says there are "Fluff" statements and rules statements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluff_(fiction)

Are you saying you dont know what fluff is?

If half time was an exception to the normal "at the end of every drive" rule for sweltering heat it would say so in the rule description.

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 - 02:48 PM

United States of America
      sangraal wrote:
      quietdominator wrote:
      sangraal wrote:

&

Fluff aint rules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluff_(fiction)

Are you saying you dont know what fluff is?

If half time was an exception to the normal "at the end of every drive" rule for sweltering heat it would say so in the rule description.

I have a degree in English so I know I made it quite clear that I know what the definition of Fluff is. What I said was I don't believe it is FLUFF. I hope you understand that last statement.
But apparently it does not make any difference. The masses have spoken and I will use this to settle any further arguments

Thanks You all folks.

XeterogOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 - 10:51 AM

Texas
whether it is fluff or not doesn't really matter. The rule says:
" At half time the two teams get a chance to reset and recuperate, and so their team re-rolls are restored to their starting level."

so, the effect of the players getting a chance to "rest and recuperate" is that the Team Re-Rolls are restored to their starting level. Nothing else is mentioned in the rule at all, so nothing else happens.

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: SWELTERING HEAT  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2012 - 01:15 AM

United States of America
Can't I get them gator aid or something. You are correct but it should not be that way.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic