NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 05:45 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Lizardman team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
celticgriffonOffline
Post subject: Firing Players and Coaching Staff  PostPosted: Feb 06, 2013 - 03:52 PM

Regina, Sask, Canada
Having a look through the LRB 6.0 it seems you can no longer gain an assistant coach when you fire one of your players (i.e. I am translating this as non-journeymen, mercenary, or star players).

Be easy on me people - i last played BB in a league back with 3rd edition rules and death zone.

Can anyone tell me why that was axed / adjusted?

Cheers,
Michael

Reply with quote Back to top
KilowoggyOffline
Post subject: RE: Firing Players and Coaching Staff  PostPosted: Feb 06, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Undisclosed
I'm not sure on the exact reason, but I'm guessing it's because you can just buy them now for the nominal cost of 10k.
There's nothing that says you can't house rule it or just say that the cut player is your assistant coach.

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Firing Players and Coaching Staff  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2013 - 05:03 AM

Canada
I think it was also to do with he fact they became a little more useful because of fame and all. But not sure what the official reason was.

celticgriffonOffline
Post subject: RE: Firing Players and Coaching Staff  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2013 - 10:18 AM

Regina, Sask, Canada
I think I am going to add a house rule for my league. I was just wondering if some teams somehow broke the rule - perhaps undead...

The coach has already paid for the dude so cutting the player to become an assistant coach might make sense in some respects (although I would say this happens seldom in real life). It all depends on the bloat you want to carry I guess - cutting your niggling human lineman would mean a net loss of 40K to your TV.

I am pretty sure this wouldn't be too much work using Casper's Aros system.

Cheers,
Michael

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Firing Players and Coaching Staff  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Canada
I don't think it was really broken, but yes, I could see an undead coach taking advantage of it, being that can ressurect players for free, then retire them.

celticgriffonOffline
Post subject: RE: Firing Players and Coaching Staff  PostPosted: Feb 07, 2013 - 03:12 PM

Regina, Sask, Canada
I am going to add that a retired player could also become a cheerleader.... but to become a chearleader a tutu and pompoms have to be added to an appropriate model... lol

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic