NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 02:19 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Blood Bowl is a rough sport, people get hurt! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TojurubOffline
Post subject: Wizard after TD  PostPosted: Feb 26, 2013 - 03:52 AM

Germany
Hi all....I have a question regarding the use of a wizard.

A wizard may only be used directly before ones turn or immediately after ones turn.

Here is the following situation:
Team A scores in Turn 8 in the second half, Team B may have the chance to score, because it has a 1-Turn-Touch-Down-player in his squad.

According to the rules it is not possible to use a wizard after the teams have set up for the kick-off. The question is: May team A use the wizard directly after it scored the TD? Since a wizard may be used after a turnover, I would consider that as a similar situation. The rules read that "play stops", but does a wizard care?.....there is a thread out there for a 1TTD and the wizard needsd to take care of that thread, doesn't he?

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

Reply with quote Back to top
SlothmanOffline
Post subject: RE: Wizard after TD  PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 - 11:51 PM

Albany/Western Australia
My gut tells me no, you couldn't use him. But that is not factual in any way.

But in answer to your question at the end. You could have zapped him at the start of your T8 if he was on the pitch so its not like you lost the chance to neurtralise the threat.

Will be interested to see what the rules gurus say here Smile

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Wizard after TD  PostPosted: Apr 05, 2013 - 03:10 AM

from the wording of the rules I see no reason why you can't use the Wizard to lightening bolt an opposing player immediately after you scored a touchdown

Quote:
or immediately after his own team's turn has ended even if it ended with a turnover

of course while you may knock them over, the odds aren't great that you will break armour and cause an injury that they can't just set them up anyway

unless it's the very last turn of the match I'd save the wizard and if it is the last turn of the match and you aren't winning, why have you still got the wizard left to use!

also like slothman said you could have used the wizard at the start of the turn (unless you were saving him to help you score during your turn) which would cut out any arguments (though I think it's fine tbh I'd have let my opponent use it after the kick off until you made this thread)

Jon

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic