NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 08:43 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Make blocks, not dodges. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SlannmannOffline
Post subject: Potential LB6 Werewolf Team Roster  PostPosted: Jun 24, 2013 - 08:35 AM

Undisclosed
I have always loved the idea of werewolf players in BB. I also liked that when I started getting back into the game about a year and a half ago, I saw that Norse teams now came with werewolves. So the inital thought was to make a team made entirely of Norse linemen and Norse werewolves to make a werewolf team roster, but then i wasn't playing the game and soon forgot about the idea. I have also come across 2nd Ed rules for Werewolf teams and a roster for the current rules, but these are still pretty much the 2nd Ed ones and so don't really fit in with the game from 3rd Ed onwards ( you roll a D6 for each lineman before the start of the match to see if he turns into a werewolf for the game ). Alternatively, if you wanted a roster more akin to the 2nd Ed rules, I guess you could take my roster and have 0-6 werewolves instead of splitting between the two types. But werewolves are often depicted as bigger and stronger than mortal men, which is why I lent towards the stronger less agile type. I went through a few ideas of my own and this is my end result. While I have been into BB since 3rd Ed, I am certainly not a seasoned vet and have yet to play test this roster. I hope all those reading this enjoy, like and find the following acceptable as a new custom team concept.

Werewolf Team Roster
Werewolf teams have never been particularly successful in the history of Blood Bowl, despite them to seemingly be perfect players, due to their unstable and violent natures.With the recent inclusion of them in several successful Norse and Undead teams, along with Star Players like Wilhelm Chaney and Ulric Wuulfson, werewolf teams have started to make a return to the Blood Bowl pitch. Instead of the teams being made up entirely of werewolves as past teams were, these new teams comprise of those who have a connection or history of lycanthropy in their family and outcasts who have been accused of being moonbeasts. The most successful of these teams, The Howlers, have even been sponsored by the famous Norsca mead brewers Howlgaarden.

Team Roster
0-16 Linemen
Movement - 6
Strength - 3
Agility - 3
Armour - 8
Gold Pieces - 50,000
Skills - Single: G, Double: ASP

0-4 Giant Werewolves
Movement - 6
Strength - 4
Agility - 2
Armour - 8
Skills - Frenzy
Gold Pieces - 110,000
Skills - Single: GS, Double: AP

0-2 Werewolves
Movement - 8
Strength - 3
Agility - 3
Armour - 8
Skills - Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration
Gold Pieces - 120,000
Skills - Single: GA, Double: SP

0-1 Werebear
Movement - 5
Strength - 5
Agility - 2
Armour - 8
Skills - Loner, Claws, Frenzy, Regeneration, Thick Skull, Wild Animal
Gold Pieces - 150,000
Skills - Single: S, Double: GAP

0-8 Re-rolls - 60,000 GP
Star Players Available - Griff Oberwald, Helmut Wulf, Mighty Zug,
Morg 'n' Thorg, Wilhelm Chaney, Ulric Wuulfson

*Should Ulric Wuulfson not be allowed then:
Star Players Available - Griff Oberwald, Helmut Wulf, Mighty Zug,
Morg 'n' Thorg, Wilhelm Chaney, Zara the Slayer

Werebears : The New Big Guy
The Werebear came about as there are a few mentions of werebears scattered through the BB Rules and other articles, most noteably the following quote from the Did You Know mentioning the Kishago Werebears :
"Norse teams have been known to take to the pitch with werebears instead of Ulfwerener. Both of these Nordic werekin are virtually identical in ability and the amount of carnage they create on the pitch. They are incredibly strong, naturally tough, and possessed by a terrifying bloodthirsty frenzy"
Thus I thought they would make an acceptable new/ alternative Big Guy for my werewolf team roster. Plus with a bear being such a large animal, it would fill the Big Guy position perfectly. To make him I took a Minotaur and simply switched some of the starting skills he came with to more appropriate ones, these being Claws for Mighty Blow ( while MB is an obv and acceptable skill for a bear to have, I wanted to emphasize the devastating shredding effects of a bear's massive claws ) and Horns for Regeneration. Thick Skull and Regeneration are meant to reflect or represent how much tougher a werebear is to a werewolf, due to their size and strength, despite being the same toughness/ AV.

New Star Player
Ulric Wuulfson ( as you may already know ) is an old Star Player from when the Norse team was first published in the Citadel Journal ( issue 9? ). I though i'd bring him back as he would fit nicely into the werewolf team and be an alternative to Wilhelm Chaney's werewolf Star Player. It is a bit of a fudge as I don't know how GW comes up with their pricing of Stars. What I did was to take Griff Oberwald ( 320k ) and take away the price of a human blitzer ( 90k ). Leaving 230k. Then I saw he has +1 ST, +1 AG and four extra skills compared to a standard blitzer so I divided 230 by 6 which comes to 38.33333. you can either take that as 38 or round up to an even 40.
So if we say 38, in order to get Ulric's stats take a Norse werewolf 6428 110k and add +1 MV, +1 AG ( x2 ) which comes to 114k. For skills he has Block, Claws, Dodge and Frenzy so add 38 for each of those ( apart from Frenzy which a Norse werewolf comes with ) totalling to 114. Add the two 114's to 110 = 338k ( round up to 340,000 ) for a LRB6 Ulric Wuulfson.

Ulric Wuulfson
Race : Norse Werewolf
Team : Norse
MA : 7
ST : 4
AG : 4
AV : 8
Skills : Loner, Block, Claws, Dodge, Frenzy
Cost : 340,000 GP

Reply with quote Back to top
babassOffline
Post subject: RE: Potential LB6 Werewolf Team Roster  PostPosted: Jun 25, 2013 - 02:06 AM

Undisclosed

I used to play/see that "werewolf roster a long time ago:
      Code:

0 - 16    Demi-sang    50000 po    6    3    3    8       G    A, S, P
0 - 4    Enragé    90000 po    8    3    3    7    Frenzy, Shadowing   G, A    S, P
0 - 2    Traqueur    100000 po    7    3    3    8    Guard G, A    S, P
0 - 2    Loup-garou    120000 po    8    3    3    8    Frenzy, Claw, Regeneration    G, A    S, P
RR 60k
Apo Yes

i assumed it came from FranceBloodBowl

in league it was a very good roster. because the guard & Shadowing players could get blodge+SideStep only on simple skills...
i never played it in tourney, but i think it should as strong as necro.

SlannmannOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 - 09:26 AM

Undisclosed
Hmm... Nope. This roster I posted is all my own work. Never seen that French werewolf roster before

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic