NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 09:56 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That troll is soo stupid rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
natsirtdmOffline
Post subject: Canadian Open 2014 - March 22-23 - Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Aug 19, 2013 - 11:24 AM

Canada
The Canadian Open is back and better than ever - it will be hosted in Toronto, ON Canada and is generously sponsored by;
Gaspez-Arts
Neomics
Impact Miniatures

DATE
March 22-23, 2014

805 Dovercourt Rd.
Toronto, ON M6H 2X4

We are playing on the second floor.
This is a brilliant venue steps away from Bloor St. West. A vibrant part of the local community supporting dance, theatre, gaming and other groups - there will be drinks (alcoholic & non) available for purchase and there are great options for food on Bloor St.
Please send a Private Message or email CanadianOpen@nafcanada.ca if you are interested in having somewhere to crash, I can put people up at my house if you don’t mind bringing a sleeping bag and am a 2 minute drive/10 minute walk to the venue.

COST
$30 - NAF Members, $40 - Non-NAF members (with $10 going towards NAF membership sign-up)
If a NAF member recruits any number of Non-NAF member(s) to participate - that NAF member will get a free "random skill upgrade chit" (see below).
Additionally, there will be a raffle prize for the NAF members who have recruited Non-NAF members to attend!

TOURNAMENT
5 games of Blood Bowl played over two days (3 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday) Swiss-style match-ups after game 1. Tournament is resurrection.
Tournament points are W/T/L - 3/1/0, with strength of schedule as primary tie-breaker.
We will be using the CRP rules along with the 3 additional NAF approved teams with the following exceptions:
A custom weather table will be used, weather will be rolled by top table and apply to all games.

CANADIAN OPEN WEATHER TABLE
Being that this is the Canadian Open, we have adjusted the weather table in order to reflect our unique weather.
(2) Bitter Cold: It's so cold that some players have got Frost Bite! Roll a D6 for each player on the pitch at the end of a drive. On a roll of 1 the player has been stricken with frost bite and may not be set up for the next kick-off.
(3) Very Sunny: Cold, but the blinding sunshine causes a -1 modifier on all passing rolls
(4) Icy Conditions: It's exceptionally icy on the pitch causing extreme slippery conditions. To reflect this, all players that move more then 3 squares (including a blitz action) make a roll, on a roll of 1 the player moves an additional square in the same direction ignoring any tackle zones if the player so happens to pass through one. If a player moves into an occupied square then treat it as a push result on the block dice - Fend, Side Step & Stand Firm do NOT work on this push effect. During a blitz, this can happen twice - once before the block if the blitzing player moved more than 3 squares to end up adjacent to their target, and once after the block if the player continues moving and moves more than 3 squares (the follow up counts towards this total) but movement from before the block will not count towards slipping after continuing moving. In addition, the icy conditions may also result in a player sliding out of bounds or into the end zone for the winning TD! Standing up does not count towards this in any way. You may reroll the slip dice roll, both to attempt to succeed or to fail!
(5 – 10) Nice: Cold but otherwise decent Blood Bowl weather.
(11) Ice Rain: It's raining, making the ball slippery and difficult to hold. A -1 modifier applies to all catch, intercept, or pick up rolls.
(12) Blizzard: It's cold and snowing! The horrible conditions means that any player attempting to move an extra square (GFI) will slip and be knocked down on a roll of 1-2. In addition, only quick and short passes can be attempted.

PREREGISTRATION
Click this link to preregister.
Preregistration will be open until March 1st, 2014 - no matter when you submit your registration/roster/payment, you may send an updated roster at any point up to this date.
* Everyone who preregisters will get extra raffle tickets based on their registration date (1 ticket/30 days or part thereof)
* Any team who preregisters will receive a free reroll to use ONCE during the tournament.
* In addition, any stunty team who preregisters will receive a free bribe to use ONCE during the tournament.

SCHEDULE
You must be on time to start all your games, and timers may be required should the tournament organizer deem it so. Our booked hours at the venue are 9-6 both days.

Saturday
If you register on the day, you get 1 raffle ticket.

Game 1: 9:45am - 11:45pm
Lunch: 11:45pm - 12:45pm
Game 2: 12:45pm - 2:45pm
Break: 2:45pm - 3:15pm
Game 3: 3:15pm - 5:15pm

Sunday
Best Team Voting: 9:30am - 10:00am coaches who wish to have their teams eligible for voting must have them setup by 9:30
Game 4: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Game 5: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Awards: 3:30pm - 4:30pm

TEAM BUILD
Coaches will have 1,000,000 gold crowns with which to build a "rookie" team. Each coach must purchase a minimum of 11 players. You may also purchase re-rolls, fan factor, assistant coaches, cheerleaders and apothecaries. No skills or stat increases of any kind may be purchased. Apothecaries work as described in CRP/LRB6.0 rules and may not be used on Star Players.

Norse teams get 1 Fan Factor at no cost as this is their turf.

INDUCEMENTS
No inducements may be purchased unless you are the coach of a “Stunty” team. Stunty teams include; Halfling, Goblin, Ogre, Underworld (without Skaven), and Lizardmen (without Saurus) teams. Stunty teams may purchase 0-1 Star Players, but must purchase 11 players before they can purchase any Star Player. Goblin teams may purchase bribes and Halfling teams may purchase a Halfling Master Chef, all as per standard CRP/LRB6.0 rules.

TEAM IMPROVEMENTS
A player may receive a max of 2 upgrades during the entire tournament, this means you can give 2 upgrades immediately but that player becomes ineligible for random skill upgrades later.

Every team will get an extra allotment of TV to spend towards skills and stat upgrades before game 1 based on tier.
A max of 1 of each stat upgrade and 2 of each skill may be selected during this phase.

Tier 1 (70k) includes; Amazons, Chaos Dwarves, Dwarves, Dark Elves, Norse, Orcs, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elves
Tier 2 (100k) includes; Chaos, Chaos Pact, High Elves, Elves, Humans, Khemri, Lizardmen, Necromantic, Nurgle, Slann
Tier 3 (130k) includes; Halflings, Goblins, Ogres, Vampires, Underworld

After games 1 and games 3, teams will get an additional random skill - again based on tier. The 2 upgrade limit over the tournament continues to apply. You must make your selection BEFORE match ups are determined.

Tier 1: pick a player, pick 6 skills they can receive as a normal skill. Roll a D6 and add that skill to the player.
Tier 2: pick a player, pick 3 skills they can receive as a normal skill. Roll a D3 and add that skill to the player.
Tier 3: pick a player, pick 3 skills they can receive as either a normal or double skill. Roll a D3 and add that skill to the player.

Legacy Trophy upgrade fund
The Canadian Open legacy trophy needs upgrading. I envision a nicer plaque with proper name plates for each overall winner. Unfortunately through losing money last year, if I wait for the basic tournament fee to handle this, it will either take forever or potentially drive people away from participating - so for this year I plan to try and gather funds by offering "random skill upgrade chits" for $5 each $10 for previous tournament winners. These may be reimbursed for the benefits outlined below on one of your two random skill upgrades (see above).
Tier 1: either;
A) pick a player, pick 6 skills they can receive as either a normal or double skill. Roll a D6 and add that skill to the player.
B) pick a player, pick 4 skills they can receive as a normal skill. Roll a D4 and add that skill to the player.
Tier 2: pick a player, pick 3 skills they can receive as either a normal or double skill. Roll a D3 and add that skill to the player.
Tier 3: pick a player, pick 2 skills they can receive as either a normal or double skill. Roll a D2 (or flip a coin) and add that skill to the player.

AWARDS
The following awards are available to be won. A maximum of one performance award can be won by any coach.

Performance Awards
1st Place: Awarded to the coach with the most tournament points.
2nd Place: Awarded to the coach with the second most tournament points.
3rd Place: Awarded to the coach with the third most tournament points.
Stunty Champion: Awarded to the coach with the most tournament points playing a stunty team.
Most Touchdowns: Awarded to the coach who scored the most touchdowns.
Most Casualties: Awarded to the coach who accumulated the most casualties from blocking.
Wooden Spoon: Awarded to the coach with the lowest number of tournament points.

Hobby Awards
Best Team: Awarded to the coach whose team earned the most votes (T.O. will be tie breaking vote if required)
Canuck Attitude: Awarded to the coach with the highest amount of sportsmanship points. (T.O. will be tie breaking vote if required)

PRIZES
Generously sponsored by Gaspez-Arts, Neomics and Impact Miniatures - this year we will have a great selection of prizes for trophy winners and raffle prizes as well. More details to follow.

Last edited by natsirtdm on Feb 12, 2014 - 11:06 AM; edited 3 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
natsirtdmOffline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Open 2014 - March 22-23 - Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Aug 19, 2013 - 11:24 AM

Canada
01: wapcaplets (1 + 7 bonus raffle tickets) **
02: frostmane (1 + 7 bonus raffle tickets) **
03: Stimme (1 + 7 bonus raffle tickets) **
04: grant85 (1 + 7 bonus raffle tickets) **
05: tlawson (1 + 5 bonus raffle tickets) **
06: Boshka (1 + 4 bonus raffle tickets) **
07: Dwarfrunner (1 + 3 bonus raffle tickets) **
08: delevus (1 + 2 bonus raffle tickets) **
09: timtheenchanter (1 + 2 bonus raffle tickets) **
10: Fevin (1 + 1 bonus raffle ticket) **
11: Kikurasis (1 + 1 bonus raffle ticket) **
12: L3athalK (1 + 1 bonus raffle ticket) **
13: Zap_Rowsdower (1 + 1 bonus raffle ticket) *
14: hakomike (1 + 1 bonus raffle ticket) *
15: new NAF member (1 + 1 bonus raffle ticket) *
16: new NAF member (1 + 1 bonus raffle ticket) *
17: new NAF member (1 raffle ticket)
18: Clan_Skaven (1 raffle ticket)
19: SewerRat (1 raffle ticket)
20: Purple_Nurple (1 raffle ticket)
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:

Last edited by natsirtdm on Mar 18, 2014 - 09:14 AM; edited 18 times in total

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Open 2014 - March 22-23 - Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Aug 21, 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
I'll be there! Looking forward to it.

frostmaneOffline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Open 2014 - March 22-23 - Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2013 - 09:06 AM

Toronto
I will also be there. I'll try to sign up way ahead of time to help with financial stuff.

natsirtdmOffline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Open 2014 - March 22-23 - Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Canada
appreciate that! still looking for someone to start the preregistration rush.

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Open 2014 - March 22-23 - Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
Done! I don't have any clue what my roster will be yet so I uploaded the first image of a google image search for "giant boobs." Hope that is good enough for now.

natsirtdmOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Canadian Open 2014 - March 22-23 - Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Canada
      wapcaplets wrote:
Done! I don't have any clue what my roster will be yet so I uploaded the first image of a google image search for "giant boobs." Hope that is good enough for now.

good enough until 3/1/2014 - then you might have some problems.

frostmaneOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Open 2014 - March 22-23 - Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2013 - 10:07 PM

Toronto
I also pre-registered. A gentle reminder to actually submit a roster beforehand would be greatly appreciated Very Happy

natsirtdmOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Open 2014 - March 22-23 - Toronto,   PostPosted: Aug 25, 2013 - 08:37 AM

Canada
      frostmane wrote:
I also pre-registered. A gentle reminder to actually submit a roster beforehand would be greatly appreciated Very Happy

get following @NAFCanada on twitter or like us on Facebook and I'll make sure that happens.

StimmeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2013 - 03:19 PM

Germany
Pregistered, including the contribution to the plaque - outrageously increased for previous tournament winners! I'll have to win it a second time now to make good for the money.

In lieu of an existing team build, I attached a nice image of a rooster. Enjoy.

natsirtdmOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2013 - 09:11 AM

Canada
Considering the plate will have your name on it - $ well spent!

grant85Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2013 - 09:45 AM

Canada
Pregistered. +extra for the trophy fund. no roster yet but you did get sent a cute pic of my dog Walter

NAF NTO, Canada
NAF Membership Coordinator, Canada

frostmaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2013 - 01:19 PM

Toronto
I didn't actually see a place to donate extra for the trophy fund.

natsirtdmOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2013 - 01:43 PM

Canada
Grant just used the non naf member button to add $10. For preregistration all I really care about is the entry fee - you will have the chance to buy chits to help the trophy fund on the day of.

natsirtdmOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Canada
The first round of prizes from Gaspez-Arts, Neomics and Impact have arrived. Green dots are raffle level prizes (individual figures and such), Blue dots are larger prizes for winning certain performance awards and Red dots are full teams. I really want to encourage diversity in the tournament as well as nicely modeled/painted teams and great sportsmanship – so full team prizes will be awarded to 1st place, Stunty Champion, Best Team and Canuck Attitude winners.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic