NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 04:04 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Vote Varag for Warboss. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaveOffline
Post subject: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2013 - 03:24 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
Hi All,

This post will be updated over the coming weeks with questions and answers. This thread is to help understand the process of the World Cup selection venue and clarify areas were potential bidders have questions.

Q; Can a country put forward more than one bid or must the country decide first which bid gets promoted?
A; More than one bid from a country is possible. The principle behind the World Cup is to bring leagues and communities together.

Q; Will there be / can there be assistance with funding from the NAF committee?
A; The WC should break even as close as possible, we dont want to see "profits". But we accept that leagues or clubs dont have the required funding to book venues large enough in advance or lay down a deposit. This is one of the reasons the NAF keeps a sizable balance to help with just this procedure. If required, the NAF will work with the bid team.

Q; Why is the decision of the final venue only by 30 people? Why do not all the members have a vote?
A; The committee who decide are made up of members from all over the world who have been organizers and travelers of/too big events. These members know what to look for in the bids, understand the travel arrangements and the feeding of players etc. Votes cast by members who dont understand or appreciate what is involved in such a large event could in theory overlook the best bid.

Q; Do you have any proof this theory of venue selection works?
A; Well yes. The first WC was a committee lead decision, we were going in to the unknown. For WC2 we used this process and it was an overwhelming success. In fact, others have replicated the process it was so successful.

Q; Will the bids be made public so they can be discussed on here before the committee go away to make the final decision?
A; The planned process is that we will announce which bids are in but not all the final detail. The selection committee will all have extensive documentation as they did last time.

Q; How much control over the rule set will the hosts have?
A; Effectively, none. The rules will be the same as previous WC's with the 9 games, 3 x 3 days. The hosts will be exactly that but they will "run the event", the NAF will work with you and provide help and guidance but the hosts will provide refs and admin teams.
More to follow as we go.

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2013 - 03:07 AM

Will the bids be made public so they can be discussed on here before the committee go away to make the final decision?

Jon

sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Aug 23, 2013 - 05:09 AM
President

England
Good question. Assume you have seen Lycos's post: http://member.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6065

The linked post talks about a Q&A process for the bids, but I don't know if that will be public or private (I would guess private).

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2013 - 11:49 AM
Former President

Undisclosed
Today is the cut off day and we have, so far, five excellent bids in. I will update tomorrow after the end of today but all five bid teams have done some very impressive work

sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Oct 11, 2013 - 06:21 AM
President

England
Great!

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Oct 11, 2013 - 11:45 AM

Cool, looking forward to seeing them!

Jon

goldbaekOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Oct 15, 2013 - 02:55 PM

Denmark
      Grumbledook wrote:
Cool, looking forward to seeing them!

+1

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2013 - 03:38 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
Right, the bids are in, we need to create a document with them all in that can emailed out and then a questions and answer process will follow. I confess work created an issue last 36 hours or so but all resolved and back on the case, I can only apologise for that.

I am in consultation as to the timing of the announcement re the cities/countries that have put them forward.

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2013 - 01:07 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
I thought it would be good to let you know the 5 bids that are in. I have listed them in alphabetical order and they are of course a city within each of these countries. They are all terrific bids, some hard work has gone in to every one of them and for that reason, we may push back the dates for voting and questions by 7 or 14 days.

The official document, which will be made public when the voting is done, is 84 pages long. 84 pages!!!! It is important after so much work that we need to cover it correctly. We are not set on moving the date but it is only fair to all the teams to put all this work in.

Bids in;
Australia
Belgium
Denmark
Italy
Spain

LucyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2013 - 03:18 AM

Undisclosed

I'm surprised the french didn't enter a bid.
I heard them talking and gathering info about it.

Nice list though!

Lucy

Maitre_tactacOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2013 - 06:19 AM

Yeah Lucy
I'm a bit frustrated and sad about it, but despite a lot of time and efforts spend on the subject, we haven't been able to build in a satisfactory organisation.

Pedro

(1) Apothycary failed

KithorOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Switzerland
Great to see the ongoing developments here.

Will Belgium still be on the list as they also host the EB2014 now?

For Australia: I fear it will be difficult to form a lot of teams from Europe to travel around the world for Bloodbowl....

It would be definatelly a nice option to compare a tournament with holiday. So two years ahead should be long enough to discuss this with the misses Wink Rolling Eyes

orcreichOffline
Post subject: Re: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2013 - 08:05 AM

Italy
      Dave wrote:

Q; How much control over the rule set will the hosts have?
A; Effectively, none. The rules will be the same as previous WC's with the 9 games, 3 x 3 days. The hosts will be exactly that but they will "run the event", the NAF will work with you and provide help and guidance but the hosts will provide refs and admin teams.
More to follow as we go.

So, what about WC2015 ruleset? The same as WC2011?

TV1100, , before match 1 3 normal skills, before match 4 1 normal and 1 double, before match 7 1 normal and 1 double?

Thanks Smile

GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2013 - 09:10 AM
Former President

United States of America
Has any thought been given to introducing tiers to encourage more diversity in team type? Or would that be considered counter to the intent of the tournament?

babassOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: NAF World Cup 2015 Q&A thread  PostPosted: Nov 04, 2013 - 12:11 AM

Undisclosed

i think the ruleset would be up to the organizers.
and organizers should be designed first before talking about the ruleset.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic