NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 11:56 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Waterbowl are overrated rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkson
Post subject: Pick'n'Mix discussion thread  PostPosted: Nov 25, 2013 - 05:29 AM

Undisclosed
Right, it's over, the dust has settled, the victors crowned, the losers commiserated with (or belittled in ARBBL B's case Wink Laughing ) and everything packed away....

Seems enough people enjoyed it,so, dates and locations permitting, I'm going to look into running it again next year.

But I want feedback to make it better, obviously from those that attended, but happy to hear from those that didn't attend, either because they couldn't or didn't want to (didn't like the ruleset etc.).

What worked well, what didn't, what could be improved?

What won't be changing?
1. 3-man team event - while I know a few people asked about making it a 4 man job, it's not practical, firstly for space reasons (would have to limit it to 14 teams) and secondly as I'd need to ask at least 3 people to be "spares".
2. Different races on different days - everyone seemed to like this, and the spread of races was great, so I think that worked well.

So what to do differently?

1. And the most important! I will have at least two spare players on hand to make up a team if there's an odd number. Having to do a manual draw every round was time consuming, and (especially for round 6) a nightmare. If they need to play, then they can drop in nicely. If they don't, they can help out, answer rules questions, sort out spot prizes etc.

2. Skills: Heard a few mutterings, and to be honest, I'll hold my hand up on that one - if I'm honest, not a lot of thought went in to how I was allowing skills. I think for the next time I'll still keep with the 5 (one a double), but put in a "no skills more than twice rule".

3. Rosters: I don't think it was actually a problem this time, but I think I'll say that tier3/4 can only be on a team twice.

Other than that, any glaring issues? Did the scoring system work? Were the tiers right? Was it to damn hot when canteloup turned up the heating (next time, if the same venue, he can sit the other end of the hall)?
Please be honest, as if people stop enjoying it, there's no point in me running it (and stressing for the weeks in the run up), so I'd rather make improvements now than once it's to late.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic