NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 18, 2024 - 11:44 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Groin Strain! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
generaljasonOffline
Post subject: Rest of the World Leagues  PostPosted: Nov 26, 2013 - 10:22 AM

British Columbia, Canada
This section of the forum is for all active Leagues that fall outside of North America and Europe, or for those wishing to set up a league outside either of them. Primarily this will act as the Australian League section. For active Leagues, much like active Tournaments, I will sticky the thread so members know that the League is established and ongoing.

What do you need to do:

Register your League on the NAF League boards. Minimum criteria:
- Name of your League
- Where is your League
- Who is the Commissioner
- Contact info

This minimum amount of content will at least let everyone know who you are, where you are, and who to contact if a player in your area wishes to join.

Adding your League history and active membership are fun details for prospective players, such as:
- established date
- number of coaches

Your rules and how you set up your League are vital details for others wanting to know more about your League and whether they want to join:
- ruleset - straight LRB 6.0 or some quantity of House Rules
- a link to your League structure rules
- do you play a Fixed schedule or do you employ an Open schedule
- how do your play-offs work
- how long is a season
- how many games are played in a regular season
- how often does your club play
- does your club have a venue, and if so, where is it
- do you have a local forum

I added some specific questions to my own League entry as these would be questions that I'd ask Leagues that have an online presence already with regards to their current data:
- how many LRB 5/6 seasons has your League played
- how many LRB 5/6 games has your League entered and recorded online

The latter details are for creating a global League database, and these are questions I'll ask so we can get a sense of scope, if and when we need to know how large a server we need to host. If you have a Database be sure to list it. OBBLM preferred, Aros is good too. If it is feasible, those with already existing databases will be eligible to join the first iteration of a NAF global League database.

Hope to see your League in the registry soon. Best regards,
Craig.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic