NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 11:09 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bonehead. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RolexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2013 - 04:29 AM

Undisclosed
This is an article from italian national press about Lucca 2015:

http://www.lanazione.it/lucca/cronaca/2013/12/03/991615-lucca-sede-campionato-mondiale-2015-blood-bowl.shtml

With quotes from the Major of Lucca Shocked and other autorities.
If I have time I'll translate it this evening.

This is gonna be HUGE. Very Happy

Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2013 - 04:47 AM
Da Warboss

England
lol imagine what will happen if Beppe wins the presidential election, it'll be all over CNN Italia Wink
Well done.

NAF #60

DukeJanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2013 - 05:04 AM

Netherlands
      Google Translate wrote:
Verwacht wordt dat ongeveer 200 teams van 6 spelers elk, die zal worden toegevoegd familie en verzorgers
I know BB coaches are not the youngest gamers around, but I don't think any are so old they need to be accompanied by nursing staff... Laughing

RolexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2013 - 06:46 AM

Undisclosed
More press:

http://iltirreno.gelocal.it/lucca/cronaca/2013/12/03/news/lucca-ospitera-il-mondiale-di-blood-bowl-1.8229198
http://www.dilucca.it/archivio-notizie/cronaca-a-attualita/spettacolo-e-cultura/10005-al-polo-fiere-il-mondiale-di-bloodbowl-2015
http://www.loschermo.it/articoli/view/58867
http://www.lagazzettadilucca.it/cultura-e-spettacolo/2013/12/assegnato-a-lucca-il-campionato-mondiale-2015-di-blood-bowl/
http://www.luccaindiretta.it/dalla-citta/item/19186-e-ufficiale-lucca-ospitera-i-mondiali-di-blood-bowl.html

It won't take much more time before the "handsome and talented defending champions" will start being harrassed by paparazzi.... Laughing

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2013 - 09:04 AM

Canada
Awesome!
I think it is hard to overstimate how amazing feeling like the city cares we are there can be!

Edit: for unintended sarcasm. I think it is amazing that the town will be aware that blood bowl world cup is there!

SinisterDexterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2013 - 04:52 PM

Adelaide - South Australia
Congrats to Lucca, I'm sure it will be an amazing event. For those who don't speak Italian, this is what Google translate had to say about the article above:

Lucca, December 3, 2013 - Lucca beat Copenhagen and Sydney and is designated as the headquarters of the World Championship 2015 in Blood Bowl . It in fact take place in Lucca from 6 to 8 November 2015, the third edition of the World Championship of Blood Bowl . The city, already recognized in Italy as the capital of the comic and the game thanks to the International Festival of Lucca Comics & Games , has been awarded the tournament dedicated to the popular fantasy board game . The news was released today by the Lucchese LudoLega with the City of Lucca, Lucca and Lucca Comics & Games Trade Shows and Conferences . On submission of the application had also worked the Chamber of Commerce of Lucca, with the support of Mediaus , RoG Factory, Greebo Games, FF Field and Tecnospazio .

The players come from all continents. Safe investments , in addition to the large European group of teams representing Australia, USA , Canada, South Africa , Singapore. Is expected to enroll approximately 200 teams of 6 players each, which will be added families and carers, for what promises to be an exciting continuation playful edition 2015 Lucca Comics & Games .

Were as many as 19 of the world's 30 delegates who evaluated the candidacy of the city of Lucca superior to those of competitors Bruges ( Belgium) , Copenhagen ( Denmark ), Sydney (Australia) and Vitoria (Spain). The World of Lucca ( ​​which takes place every 4 years), Nottingham after 2007 ( the birthplace of the game ) and Amsterdam , 2011 ( the home of the NAF , the International Federation of Blood Bowl ) .

" The awarding of the World Blood Bowl fills us with satisfaction - said Alessandro Tambellini , mayor of Lucca - because it testifies to the quality of the work done at application stage . For over 40 years our city becomes the capital of the imagination thanks to Lucca Comics & Games , which in 1996 launched the Warhammer Blood Bowl in Italy . For citizenship and for local tourism operators and Tuscany will be an interesting and festive opportunity . "

Blood Bowl is a game that takes inspiration from American football and transposes it into a typically fantasy , warriors with humans, elves , dwarves and orcs instead of the players. Created by Jervis Johnson and appeared on the market in 1986 , has various editions and millions of fans around the world. Among the imaginary city where competitions are held in this daring and exciting game , is that of Luccini , born from the union of the names of Lucca and Puccini.

"We could not be more pleased - said Nicholas Giammattei , president of the Lucchese LudoLega who coordinated the nomination - Lucca has long been one of the most vital reservoirs of Blood Bowl players and the award of the World 2015 is the culmination of a dream and a team effort with public and private entities . Right from the start we act because the experience of the players who will be in Lucca from all over the world proves an unforgettable moment . "

" This is the best birthday present I could get for 20 years of the Games section of our event - said Emanuele Vietina , Deputy Director of Lucca Comics & Games - we are ready to build on the experience gained by organizing a major European events dedicated to entertainment and fantasy. We count on the support and as of now the participation of our audience and get ready as always to roll up our sleeves because the image of Lucca shine at international level. Personally, I also have to brush up on my team with which the Vikings arrived in the national final of 2005

I'd like to hope I can get there, but money and getting leave at that time of year will be tough. I know there are a bunch of Aussies who have already flagged their interest though.

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 07, 2013 - 03:07 PM

England
Looking forward to the full breakdown of votes...

AngusDadOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 07, 2013 - 03:45 PM

Undisclosed
Sorry guys but its looking like Lucca is going to be invaded by 2 Geordie teams, seriously your daughters are fine but lock up your wine.
Best wishes
GBBL

beasoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 12, 2013 - 02:43 AM

Yes I'm keen on the vote breakdown, though we know that Lucca scored 19/30. It would be interesting to see where the other 11 went?

But more importantly when are we going to get to look at the submissions, surely it's the same document as those viewed by the panel so it's already hosted somewhere to view?

RolexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 13, 2013 - 04:17 AM

Undisclosed
      MrHannah wrote:
Sorry guys but its looking like Lucca is going to be invaded by 2 Geordie teams, seriously your daughters are fine but lock up your wine.
Best wishes
GBBL

Locked up wine turns to vinegar.
Better to drink it with friends. Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic