NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 02:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Chaos Dwarf team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JmacOffline
Post subject: Wood Elf Skills.. any suggestions.  PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 07:45 PM

Hello,

Just started up a new Wood Elf Team. I am looking for some suggestions on which skills to pick.

So far I have 1 catcher who got +1 movement and sure feet. Should I pick sprint for him next? Or block? If i choose sprint, my team will be able to score in 1 turn. But block would help him survive a bit longer.

Also, my thrower has just gotten his first skill roll. Should I take accurate to help with the passing game. Or sure hands for those annoying 1's when you go to pick up the ball?

Any advice you guys would care to give about skills for various players on the Wood Elf team would be very much appreciated.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 12:03 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
SPRINT!!!!!

you can take block later

did I say

SPRINT!!!!!

Oh yeah, give someone else kick. MAkes sure the ball stays at the ack of the pitch and gives you the chance to get between his cage and ball carrier.

JmacOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, I think having him able to score in 1 turn is best. As for my other catcher, I will probably give him Nerves of Steel since his first roll was double 1's

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
JmacOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 12:22 AM

oh, by the way.. this is what i started out with with my wood elves:

1 Thrower
2 Catchers
2 Wardancers
6 Linemen
1 RR
2 FF

After 2 games I have gotten another re-roll and bought an apoth

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 04:36 AM

A one turn scorer will be useful but it might be worth getting another catcher soon so you can keep him off the pitch until he's needed. He'll have a short life otherwise.

For the thrower I would probably go Sure Hands as you have only one re-roll, and try to keep the passes short until he improves. With a couple more re-rolls I would be more tempted by accurate unless there's a lot of strip ball players in your league.

Boom! He's on his back!

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 05:39 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
      Apedog wrote:
A one turn scorer will be useful but it might be worth getting another catcher soon so you can keep him off the pitch until he's needed. He'll have a short life otherwise.

You don't have to put him on the pitch even if you have less than 11 players!

Silly rule IMHO but still, it's like that

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 10:43 AM

Thats true, and I agree that it's a silly rule, but I was actually thinking more along the lines of it being useful to have a couple of catchers on the pitch.

All Elves can catch, but when short on re-rolls catch skill is a big bonus.

Boom! He's on his back!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic