NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 01:45 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dwarves are SO boring rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
InfraredOffline
Post subject: League Starting in Arundel Mills Mall, Hanover, MD  PostPosted: Jan 03, 2004 - 05:11 PM

On January 14th, the GW Arundel Mills store in Hanover, MD will start another NFL style league for BB. IF you are interested, be there the evening of the 14th.

Reply with quote Back to top
hoxworthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 05, 2004 - 06:18 PM

Very Happy

Yay!

For record's sake, I'm still thinking about creating a more stable league in the mid-maryland area. There is a league in the northern Virginia/D.C. area that is pretty cool, but it's too far away for me to drive for every game. Would there be much interest in this from those of us in this area? I'm located in Columbia, but would probably spread the playing venues around.

ShoggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 09, 2004 - 12:36 PM

I would definitely be interested in joining a league in the Baltimore Metro area, and I have a number of friends who play who would probably join as well. As long as it's an open enough league where people can work around busy schedules to get games in, there would be some definite interest.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die"--That means you, Mummy! Get in the dead box!

Savage3eOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 07:37 PM

You can count me in for a mid-maryland league as well. I was actually visiting the forums this evening to post the same thing.

InfraredOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 09:12 PM

Hehe, i think Savage owes my CD some revenge. We'll have to wait and see Smile

Savage3eOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 15, 2004 - 06:53 AM

Infrared wrote:
Hehe, i think Savage owes my CD some revenge. We'll have to wait and see Smile

Funny you should say that. I actually decided to play CDs this time around. It was either them or 'flings. The funny hats won out since I already owned the minis. Besides, I saw how the CDs were supposed to be played and I'm hoping some of that rubbed off...

hoxworthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 15, 2004 - 05:36 PM

Of course, I forget to go to the stinkin' meeting... anyway, I'll be working on getting a site up soon for information on a league starting in the Metro-Baltimore area.

hoxworthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2004 - 10:01 AM

Ah hah! I finally got around to showing up. I'll be in the North division, looking to stomp my dwarven boots into all sorts of mushy flesh.

OdoGoodgrubbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2004 - 12:23 PM

I was thinking of starting a league in the Frederick area. Maybe we should have an alliance of leagues that can play their own seasons, and then take turns sponsoring tourneys and such throughout the year, where anyone in the alliance can play?

How about BBAM! (Blood Bowl Alliance of Maryland)?

hoxworthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2004 - 04:58 PM

I love that idea, and was actually thinking the same thing about some other leagues. As of yesterday, there were 21 people in the Arundel Mills league, and I know of some other people who would be willing to play around this area, so that could easily be split up into two leagues. And with the northern Virginia league, we could have a four-league tournament at the end of the seasons.

We'd have to do some collaboration on rules and scheduling, so as to keep all the leagues somewhat on the same playing field, but other than that, I think this sort of thing could be great. There could definitely be some separate rule systems going on, also, to provide for some variation. That way, hosted tournaments could use their league's main ruleset, with minor necessary changes.

I think something like this could be great, and would be more than willing to help push for it in this area.

ThalorOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2004 - 10:07 AM

There is an ongoing Bloodbowl league in Waldorf at the Comics Plus on Rte 301. We are in the middle of the Dungeonbowl right now, but the next season will be starting soon. Inquire there!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic