NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 01:00 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
It's only a 2+ roll. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should there be semi-annual Legacy Teams?
Yes, and I would participate in both teams
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
Sure, but I would only participate in one team
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
No, one team is enough
53%
 53%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 32

Melifaxis
Post subject: Poll: Should there be semi-annual Legacy Teams?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2004 - 10:10 AM

United States of America
(assuming sufficient interest)

I say "Hell Yeah!" It's a great way to bring the NAF community together.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Reply with quote Back to top
TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 13, 2004 - 10:26 AM

Germany
I would go for semi-annual.

As for due dates...I'd say one just before Christmas (so November/December) and the other one just before the Bloodbowl Tournament in Nottingham (so April/May).

I know the times are not equal, but wouldn't it be cool if the winner of the Legacy team can represent the NAF at the Bloodbowl tournament WITH the actual Legacy team? And all the NAFler can root for the legacy team Wink

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

Djengis_kahnOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 13, 2004 - 11:09 AM

YES !!! it would be realy cool indeed !!

and I would participate in both too !!

BlanchPrezOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 13, 2004 - 11:36 AM

Not so sure I would be able to participate in both, but I like the idea in general.

Chris

TorporOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 13, 2004 - 01:56 PM

Undisclosed
As Chris (BlanchPrez) said -
      Quote:
Not so sure I would be able to participate in both, but I like the idea in general.

I am not sure if I personally would participate in both, but would not object if there were two. Not sure if this will open up the 'if it is bi-annual, would it lessen the value of a Legacy Team' debate as it did on TBB a while back.

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 13, 2004 - 02:30 PM

United States of America
If it opens the debate, that's great. Very Happy

The way I see it: It's a big world and these teams are going to be spread pretty far apart. Whomever wins them will really appreciate them, and the odds of the same guy/gal winning 2 is pretty slim. I can't remember the latest number of members, but the percentage of members that have a Legacy team is going to remain pretty low.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

SkinkFuryOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 13, 2004 - 03:09 PM

United States of America
I plan on winning them all. Wink

so 2 is fine by me

TimOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 02:29 AM

Germany
I would really like to keep this an an annual thing, otherwise the idea wears out to fast. Remember there's also TBB legacy teams for those who want to contribute more than one mini per year.

You already see good painters like Traveller dropping out of the idea, because the feeling of doing something special is gone. Same for me, after the TBB mini, i'll do one more legacy mini in 2004 and only one.

Remember that not everyone will be satisfied with the result of a 2h slop-some-paint-on paintjob with a who-cares-i'm-just-a-bad-painter excuse.(Hell, i spend about 15-20h on the vampiress!!!).

McDethOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 02:33 AM

Definitely not more than 1 a year devalues the notion of being lucky enough to win them.

Personally i've had great fun doing my contributions, but i'd lose interest if it became more regular

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 02:54 AM

Undisclosed
Tim and McDeth:

You raise good points about value - let me raise the issue then of participation - are you suggesting that there are only 15 to 20 good painters out there, and that they should be the ones to paint each legacy team? While this may keep it exciting for the group who paints, it excludes potentially greater numbers from ever having a chance to paint on a Legacy team...

Should the winning of the Legacy team be open to all the members?

Just my thoughts...

-OMM

joker_BBBLOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 03:00 AM

France

voted

TimOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 03:07 AM

Germany
OMM,

noone has ever been excluded from painting a mini for a legacy team. There's so many possiblities to add minis for coaching staff, markers, duplicate team members, etc. that everyone who can wants to contribute can do so. I've also said that the quality of the paint job does not matter, as long as everyone tries to do his personal best (and maybe a bit beyond, single minis are great to try new things out as you don't have 15 other team members that you have to get to the same standard) and does not enter a quick, sloppy paintjob, just to get a chance to win the team.

On the other hand, if teams come up too regularily (4 times a year on NAF and TBB) it might get hard to even get the 18-20 painters to contribute to get a full team with at least a headcoach and apothecary model. And having a few outstanding models by good painters makes the team only more valuable, right?

With the existing teams i've seen that the initial interest is always high, but some ppl jump off pretty quickly when you are heading towards the deadline.

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 03:20 AM

Undisclosed
Perhaps I've misread the sign up process for previous Legacy teams - it does not appear to have been run as you describe it except for the 2004 team. It appears as though a list of those willing to paint a figure was developed and once the maximum number was reached, the list was closed. These painters were then sent figures, painted them and then were eligible to win the team in a drawing.

If the Legacy teams, TBB and NAF, have evolved to what is happening on the TBB side, then I feel much better about involving as many as possible - this was my only motivation in suggesting that there is room for a second Legacy side. I agree with you completely that every effort should be made by each painter to make their fig as special as possible.

If there was/is a second team, I would suggest that the painting run concurrently and both teams completed at year end, and not try to compact the painting time. Two figures in a year is still easier somehow than one per six months.

Thanks, Tim - I know your personal standards for quality are very high - just am looking continuously for ways to be inclusive and add value to the NAF.

-OMM

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 04:46 AM

England
I voted yes lets have both, but I was wondering if it would be better, if there were enough people, to split the group between the 2 teams. Everyone would then paint 1 mini for 1 of the 2 teams rather than 2 minis (1 for each team). I definitely think that there is limit to how many duplicates/coaches/cheerleaders a person wants for a team.

You could then recombine the group before picking the 2 winners, so you might not even win the team you painted for. You would obviously need the same finish by deadline for both teams for this.

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2004 - 07:59 AM

United States of America
      Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
Perhaps I've misread the sign up process for previous Legacy teams - it does not appear to have been run as you describe it except for the 2004 team. It appears as though a list of those willing to paint a figure was developed and once the maximum number was reached, the list was closed. These painters were then sent figures, painted them and then were eligible to win the team in a drawing.

-OMM

The closing of the first team was me not knowing that consensus was to keep it open. If you keep going in the thread it was opened back up to everyone and a few more people joined in.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic