NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 04:30 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Turn 8. Remember to score. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fuzzy_spiralOffline
Post subject: Addition to the Big Guys rule  PostPosted: Jan 18, 2004 - 03:35 PM

Heres something we have incorparated into out league, and it works very well. Doesn't slow the game down at all and is alot of fun.

If you have a player with the Big Guys trait the player gains two new rules.

1) - the player may step over prone players without the Big Guy trait as if they aren't there, although they may never end their movement in a square containing another player.

2) - If the player is knocked over via a Pushback/Pow then the player is knocked back via the sideline counter into one of the squares normally allowed. If this random roll puts them onto a standing player, the player must make an immeidiate sidedtep roll via an AG roll with no modifiers. If passed place the player as if pushed back. If failed or already prone, they must take an armour roll. In addition the player under the Big Guy cannot stand until the big guy stands and moves away.

It's only a houserule we tend to use, but if anyone else likes it feel free to use it.

"I can't believe it Jim, I didn't think the Darkside Sirens would be able to find that much elastic from their protection cups!" "Looks like they have Bob, and now they seem to be throttling the Ratz front line with it"

Reply with quote Back to top
MasterOfChaosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2004 - 02:48 AM

Interesting. But it appears to be playing with the rules just for the sake of something to do.

I understand your reasoning with the stepping over rule, Big Guys are bigger after all, but does that mean a Black Orc can step over a Goblin, or a Chaos Warrior over a Skink? The obstruction of a prone player is more to do with the the fact that your player is travelling at speed and is more focused on the ball and the approaching opposing players than the ground and simply runs around occupied squares because it's probably safer than getting tangled up in a twictching, writhing body on the ground. Big Guys shouldn't benefit from size in this way, if anything they're more uncoordinated as reflected by their AG scores, so are more likely to trip over than step over. Of course they could easily step ON but that's a foul now isnt it. If you're caught anyway. I don't understand your reasoning behind the random pushback result though, Big Guys tend to damage enough players allready, forcing armour (and injury) rolls because theyre pushed into you is just way too much. It's also risky too, if you push a BG back and it randomises into one of your players and they fall down then that's a turn over. Even if you hurt the BG you end your turn and screw up a whole play.

Also it totally messes with the tactics of thegame. One very valid tactic for all teams is to minimise options and force an error. Several times I have sacrificed a player (as the last action) to dodge INTO a square with multiple tackle zones so he falls over and blocks the passage of the ball carrier or holds up the attack of a good oppositiosn Blitzer. Heck I once even rerolled the result when I rolled a 6 to make the dodge so I could get a lower number and fall over. Of course the leap skill will counter this.

Also the BG random pushback rule screws tactics too. It's not uncommon to plan a seriesof blocks with the end result of a certain player being pushed to a certain place, a random element will screw this tactic over as well.

But good luck with your league and if the other players like it then cool, but I don't imagine it'll make it into the next rules review.

fuzzy_spiralOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 11, 2004 - 04:43 AM

fair enough on the comments.

Oh the step over rule is from the previous edition of blood bowl, as I stated elsewhere, my group and I wheren't exactely happy with the last edition of Blood Bowl, so brough back loads of stuff from the old Blood Bowl and worked out the points costs for it all. (I'm really happy as since updates of the current edition have brought out things like Secret weapons prices, it appears we worked it all out correctely Very Happy )

The random factor is because we are playing for fun, none of us have any intentions of playing official tournies. Although what makes the rule work for us is that we DON'T class it as a turnover if this hurts one of your own team in your own turn. It's just a sod you lost a player you might have been planning to use. Wink

"I can't believe it Jim, I didn't think the Darkside Sirens would be able to find that much elastic from their protection cups!" "Looks like they have Bob, and now they seem to be throttling the Ratz front line with it"

Herr_VorragendOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 17, 2004 - 05:25 AM

I have another Big-Guy Rule addition:

- Big Guys can intercept thrown-teammates if they have the throw-teammate skill, the difficulty should always be 6.

If they have Intercepted the Teammate they push them, in a radom direction, to the ground and an armour roll is necessary. If the Intercepted Teammate had the Ball, the Big Guy has to made an unmodified catch roll to get the ball. An Intercepted Teammate causes a turnover.

- Big Guys can pass teammates to another Big Guy with the throw-teammate skill

So Halfling and Gobo Teams, witch can have two Big Guys in their Team, have another tactics option.

What do you think ??? I haven`t tried these rules, but i think it schould be fun Smile

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 17, 2004 - 10:37 AM

Herr_Vorragend wrote:
Big Guys can pass teammates to another Big Guy with the throw-teammate skill

So Halfling and Gobo Teams, witch can have two Big Guys in their Team, have another tactics option.

How does this work? A big guy can't end a turn with a player in his hands, and you're only allowed one pass action per turn.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2004 - 03:44 AM

England
I guess he has to make an immediate, and compulsory, hand off to an adjacent square (just roll for landing).

I can't say I much like the idea though.

Herr_VorragendOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2004 - 05:00 AM

Zombie wrote:

How does this work? A big guy can't end a turn with a player in his hands, and you're only allowed one pass action per turn.

Thats one think i did´t tought about......Confused

Mordredd wrote:

I guess he has to make an immediate, and compulsory, hand off to an adjacent square (just roll for landing).

Sounds good, but the landing has to be easier. Like an +1 Bonus for the landing roll (there must be a reason to pass a teammate if there would be no bonus why pass and not throw the teammate like before!?!)

mtn_bikeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2004 - 07:06 AM

Herr_Vorragend wrote:
      Zombie wrote:

Thats one think i did´t tought about......Confused

Mordredd wrote:

Sounds good, but the landing has to be easier. Like an +1 Bonus for the landing roll (there must be a reason to pass a teammate if there would be no bonus why pass and not throw the teammate like before!?!)

There may be another Always Hungry roll that needs to be made if to your own teammate. This also may be a way for TTM to get SPP's for a compleation. Would also be cool if other BG's could intercept and you could have them fail Always hungry automaticaly but the little guy gets to try to squiggle out.

But this then will have to change pass block to be allowed to be used during the TTM action. May be a bit confusing.

Herr_VorragendOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2004 - 01:50 AM

mtn_bike wrote:

But this then will have to change pass block to be allowed to be used during the TTM action.

What exactly do you mean with "pass block" Question

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2004 - 08:46 AM

Undisclosed
At the moment the Pass Block skill cannot be used against TTM attempts.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Herr_VorragendOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2004 - 03:37 AM

Darkson wrote:
At the moment the Pass Block skill cannot be used against TTM attempts.

The only player who can block the ttm pass are big ones.......i´ts hard enough for the big one to get a complete pass.....

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic