NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 02:45 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Human team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2004 - 02:06 PM

Chaos also have 5 ST4+ players.

Reply with quote Back to top
TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2004 - 03:01 PM

I don't find the "nemesis" concept very useful, but I do wonder how "Chaos Dwarves" can be a statistical nemesis of the Dwarf team. Tojurub seems to be talking about raw scores, not fluff; on that count, the CD team doesn't meet his ST-based criteria.

-Chet

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2004 - 04:46 PM

It has more than 2 ST4+ players, which was his criterium. They've got 2 ST4 bull centaurs, and 1 ST5 troll or minotaur. Dwarves have nobody with ST4+.

But i agree, ST should not tip the scale in favor of chaos dwarves. MA might, but ST, no way.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 - 06:12 AM

Oh, wait! Sorry, my mistake. I forgot that they get the BCs and can also hire a Big Guy. Duh! Forgot about that entirely. Probably interference from my own league's CD rules.

-Chet

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2004 - 07:56 AM

Germany
The list I set up was just from what I have experienced....and I forgot about Chaos, yes they should be on my list as well.

It's not that my dwarves constantly lost against the mentioned teams, but I seem to have the biggest problems against theses teams unless I get extremely lucky in my rolls.

The reason why I say Chaos Dwarves is not purely based on the ST, you're absolutely right Zombie, but the higher ST helps the CD to tie up more players of the dwarfs, since the CD have "fast" players like the Bull Centaurs (2) and Hobgoblins (up to 12), which have all MA6.

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

SygtriggerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2004 - 05:35 PM

I currently play three teams in my league, one of them being "INFECTIOUS GROOVES". I noticed there is nothing on the rotters! Truly i'm not alone out here, well maybe it has to do with the fact nobody wants to come near me Twisted Evil This is what i've learned so far; slow progression means the first few skills chosen are very important. Don't expect to win too many games in your first 10. Until the majority of the team has one skill, keep it simple. Unless you have absolutely no choice, do not remove the beast of nurgle's little friend you keep by his side. Last but not least, no passing, the odd hand off, just pick up the ball and go!

Strengths: str4/foul appearance combo means your rotters will go down less often even against hitting teams. Beastmen are all blitzers!!! Everyone else has regenerate.

Weaknesses:Very slow progression in the begining. No ball handling skills of any kind.

The challenge is very rewarding until i remember i'm rotting!
Worship Papa Nurgle.

comments, post them! Smile

majortuskOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2004 - 06:56 PM

United States of America
great list, it will definately help with some of our league players decide on what team they might want Smile

BBC Lockerroom

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 04, 2004 - 02:38 PM

Undisclosed
Much as I chuckle a the Goblins being the lap-dogs of every team out there, they can put up a resounding fight in good hands. Confused

On any given Thursday they can take out anyone, though the team I hate most being against is Chaos Dwarves. Unlike straight dwarves, which I can deal with, the Chaos team packs a few more options meaning I'm more aiming for a draw than a win.

However, seeing as a Goblin team ends up in the agility catagory a lot, a developed team Very Happy can end up with so much Diving Tackle and Sidestep that any agility team really doesn't want to play them. This mean that the Elves and Skaven team end up not likely a match against the Goblins. (And those Two big Guys ought to be piling up THEIR bodies for a change.) Evil or Very Mad

kjonesinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 05, 2004 - 10:59 AM

Toronto
If we're still talking nemeses, I can speak for my own Chaos Dwarves that the team I hate playing more than anything is Dwarves. You can't kill them, and outrunning them with only MA6 is a chore. The only other team I fear is Wood Elves, because Wardancers steal the ball much too easily.

Also - I've found that beating Undead is very easy with Dwarves or Chaos Dwarves (being a former undead coach doesn't hurt either). The skeletons and zombies are quickly ground down, mummies can be contained easily, Ghouls are tackled into pulp, and wights just plain suck for a 90k player.

So, nemeses:
C. Dwarves - Dwarves/Wood Elves
Undead - Dwarves/C. Dwarves

ve6neoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2004 - 05:16 PM

As a halfling coach, (yes I'm willing to admit it), I'd like for the All to be removed from the Goblin list - they can certainly trounce the Halflings. The extra MA and AV makes them quicker and more durable.

Also - add their only strength - two ST6 Treemen - with no on-feild penalty (save the 2MA)

JeffBOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 17, 2004 - 08:20 PM

I'd probably put Lizards as the nemesis for Skaven. The way to beat them is to tie up the Sauruses, which is suicide with line rats. Meanwhile, the Skinks take away the speed advantage rats usually have.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2004 - 02:30 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
In my experience Lizards are excellent against flair teams generally. They have the strength to establish a numerical superiority and because the team is so fast there is no where to hide from swarming skinks.

kjonesinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2004 - 12:35 PM

Toronto
to be perfectly honest, i think lizardmen are horribly broken. on paper, at least. the only reason i'm not screaming at someone about it is that skinks have no general skill access.

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2004 - 05:31 AM

Lizards are one of the teams I find it hardest to play against with any team, but I have about a 50% Win ratio against them so I don't consider them broken.

Sauruses are tough but a bashy team with a bit of tackle can really put the hurt on the skinks.

Boom! He's on his back!

crazylegsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2004 - 11:02 AM

Lizardmen:

Strengths:
- possible 7 Str4+ players
- Mv8 Ball handlers

Weaknesses:
- Virtually no passing game
- Only Ballhandlers Str2 Ag3
- The most AG1 players of any roster
- Lineman very difficult to advance

Lizardmen look tough when you see all that speed and strength, but they really aren't. They have ballhandling issues early, their lineman advance slower than pretty much any lineman (even Golems & Black Orcs), so the team even a higher TRs has unskilled linemen, and their ballhandlers are extremely breakable... so I don't see how you can say they are overpowered, the general opinion in the league I play in is that they are one of the weaker teams, especially after 10+ games.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic