NAF Logo
leftstar May 03, 2024 - 06:43 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Vote Varag for Warboss. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TiMuNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2004 - 08:59 AM

hehe 4 hours .. in 4 hours i will just be around the airport, waiting for my flight ... If i even win the BB, i'll travel in those expensive airplanes, bussines class, right to Nottingham airport ..

By the way - they are planning to build another airport in the vincity, named Robin Hood Airport!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
Dan_TitanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2004 - 11:58 AM

Norway
Hello all!!! At least back, and after driving for a couple of hours and sleeping for 3, got in an "lovely" plane and worked for 10... I dont know how i can write here....

But well, the tourney! A Great One! Starting with the journey from Bishops Stortford to pick up Torsten (Tojorub) from the aiport, and with Diego (Siscor) we took the road to Notts.

We arrived late (the last one to get to the Clarence Hotel) but even so, nearly the whole Spanish Team was there waiting for us! (the Rest were all Sleeping!!!) (Just a little remark, I have a 10 sec. film of WWF Wrestling championship between Obeliz and Lupuz.... No Comment)

Saturday morning was out of this world, so many friends around that I didnt have time to say hello, they sended me to the first table to play.... The Lustrian got out of their case....

1 Kroxi, 6 Saurus, 4 Skinks, 1 RR, 1 Coach and 8 FF... (As soon i told the opponents this last things, people was playing for not getting a Pitch Invasion...)

1st Trambi (D.Elfs)
The poor elfs didn´t want to play, specialy the witch, who lost a contact lense on the 2nd turn and didnt come back in a good time. So after a 2 - 0 and a few words in French, my dices decided that a 3 - 0 was to much and started to miss... a win and 17 points. Kroxi = Guard

2nd Dave (Norse)
As soon I saw his name on the sheet, I realise that this match was special, the "Re-Match" of last years MadHobbit. That day it was a 3 - 0. But this one was going to be different.
I received and scored very quickly. After this the only 2 words to say: Tacticks and Defense. One of the best matches I´ve played defensly. I covered everything and got my skinks to help me with those assists. I recovered the ball but the score didnt move... a 1 - 0 against a Brilliant coach, who surely wants an other opportunity to change this "fate". by the way, he told me that he had a 10 victory run in tournaments since the Mad Hobbit... Sorry mate. Saurus = Strip Ball

3rd Slinky78 (C. Dwarfs)
Nearly the same story as last one, score as soon as I can, and more defense. But if in the last one i got 1 oportunity to make it 2 - 0, in this one I got about 10... One of those matches that nobody knows that it is a BB match and not a Pressing Team Catch. Sure hands is a must, but neither the skinks or the saurus didnt want to pick the ball... 1 - 0 and an other great game, See you soon Slinky for that Rematch ... Saurus = Tackle

End of this day, but not everything was over... Party at Bugmans playing WW with the ST and Longshot, speaking with nearly everybody, and playing a excited Formula D at the Hotel with the Dutch Party. I won in Zandvoort (Holland)... Diego is still moaning about this (he entered a curve in 5th Gear!!!! and finishid his Toyota in Moscu after loosing all his Tires and Break Points)
I will not mention the visit to a Gothic Pub in Notts.... to many Female Vampires around, isnt Eje?

Woke up after 5 hours sleep (Record!!!!) and prepared for more BB!

4th Michael (Amazons)
More of the same medicine, 1 - 0 and hit an run. Problem: these amazons didnt know what dodge was (except if you do it from the Kroxi...then they had those lovely sixes...) Again I coulnd score and my skinks started to fall down on their own. 1 - 1 in a quick and lucky attack, but 2 - 1 with the same "Speedy Skinks Gonzalez". More oportunities to get more TD, but they just wanted to win of one. Final 2 - 1 against a dificult team (and more in the hands of Michael) Saurus = B. Tackle

5th Peter (Necro)
The tipical game that you are not there and your opponent is. (To open with a Double Skull, RR, Double Skull...)
I would not say at any moment that i lost this one only because of my bad luck, his movements and attack were excellents, and this with a little bit of luck made the rest... 0 - 2 after turn 2 of the second half.
At this point I needed that magic touch to come back, so taking that little "WC Break" I phoned my GF to receive that high spirit and I came back to see the match from a different point of view.
And so I did, I recovered the "Mojo" to score in 3 turns. I was back... until I repeated those lovely "skinless faces"... I just hold him of scoring (after steeling one of my players the ball... 1 - 2. Saurus = B. Tackle

6th Dangerous Dave (C. Dwarfs)
Again another team with a good coach looking after them. The first half started with a 2 - 0 in a blink (receiving him!) and with a Dirty player who just touched one of my skinks and got send off... Not to remark that kroxigor intercepting a pass... and handing it off to a skink...
I was 3 players down (2 injuried and 1 ko) at the start of the second half... or was it a different game??? Blitz to him and he made the 2 - 1 in only 3 turns... the fear became stronger to my players, seeing that on the this line up, another skink was missing... well... with 5 turns to go, and the ball in my position, the "chicken run" begun. I apologize to D.D now and again, but with plenty of C. Dwarfs running in my direction with those "not so good" attitude... I tried to advance using my movement but after a turn in the middle of the pitch i needed to go back and run. (I feel ashame of this) But I it was even worst, they stopped the game with 2 turns to play, and D.D. had still the 3 RR!!! Even we tryed to "overrule" the decision, but nothing was possible. I won 2 - 1 but it was 90% a draw. Not a fair result but I can ensure that we both enjoyed the game. Dave I own you one!

With 5 wins and 1 Lost I was more than Happy, I had the tactical games that I wanted, and met lots of TBB friends. But after receiving the final results I was more than dissapointed, I finished the 55 (as my number) with 0 sportmanships points... I know that it was a mistake and will wait patiently to see if it changes.

Also got the oportunity to show around my Traveler BB, and I hope that somebody takes this Idea to make them a Reality for all of us (this goes for the "Big Bosses" of GW)

I would like to thank all the Organitation and Refs (Indigo was quiet impresive with the red card in his hand), Also to the winners!!! Well done !
But specialy to all of you!!! I cant wait to the next tournament (BarnaBowl???) Hope to see you all!!!!

Dan Titan

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2004 - 06:19 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
cheers dan .. I definately demand a rematch!

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2004 - 11:31 PM

Germany
Well...I got back as well...my eyes are starting to open up again.

Thanks to Dan Titan I got safely to the hotel (at 3am)....then meeting the rest of the Spanish team...tehy are really a bunch of funloving crayz guýs (but aren't we all?)

The breakfast at the Clarence was interesting: Beans!!! i wasn't surprised that the gaming hall heated up that quickly Wink

My Musical Mystery human team was ready for a great concert:
6 Lineman
1 Thrower
1 Catcher
1 Blitzer
1 Ogre
and the lovely Zara

1RR
2FF

My first game : My travel and room mate Diego with his Skaven!!!!
It was an interesting game with good and bad luck on both sides and Diego is still trying to tell me that I was lucky that he didn't get to score within one turn...I actually let him score the tieing TD after the announcement of game over....but he deserved the tie.

Second game: I was sitting across from a guy with Undead...Zara was getting her Stakes in order when we heard that the table next to us had the same match-up then inthe first round and we were asked to switch. Bummer...but so we played dwarves instead..against a rookie coach (non NAF)...Since I was playing dwarves most of the time I know all their weaknesses and my opponent had to pay for it: 3-0 win

Third game (at table 14): usually 14 is my lucky number, but Fubar (NAF) with his Skaven proved that to be wrong: I receive: Blitz...then I failed to pick up the ball even with sure hands...great Mad , he scores in turn 1. Ok no problem I think...I receive again: Perfect defense...then my Ogre rolls double skulls...aaaarghhh....he picks up the ball, screens it nicely, scores on turn 3...well, I think I still can do something....last turn of the first half I just need two GFI to score a TD....and I managed to fail the first one. The second half was not really much better...my Ogre decided for 4 turns in a row to pick flowers, watch birds, count clouds annd wave to the fans..what a guy! I managed to keep my opponent to only two more TD in the second half...so 0-4 loss, but I won on the casualty side 4-0

then there was the NBA-RCN challenge at Bugmans: Me against gken with some Khemri....Zara was happy. The game went well..I was inthe lead 1-0, but then Zara got ejected by the ref and the rest of the team decided to throw their arms up and surrender...unfortunatelly the Khemri thought that means free hits and so 7 of my players were in the Injured Box...only my Ogre, mz thrower...and surprisingly my catcher survived tha massacre..lost 3-1...Since that was such a quick game we decided to do another one...this time the Mummies got the best of Zara and the populated the injury box...that game I won either 1-0 or 2-0 (too many beers to remember correctly)....Later I joined the French group to a 30-min walk back to the Clarence and I went straight to bed....

6 hours later I had to eat more beans again: Day 2:

The 4th game was against Jez (non-NAF) with his Lizardman. He had the same bad luck as I had the day before in my last game, but he took it quite well and I won 3-0

The 5th and 6th game were basically decided by very lobsided dice, which were definatelly not in my favour. First I lost against Collin (NAF) with his woodelves 5-1, where my Ogre almost matched his record of rolling 4 straight BHs (the fourth roll was a 2), and the last game went downhill after I made one mistake by not moving my catcher one square over...so his Amazon linewoman made three dodge rolls (two of them through 2 TZ) and then he made the 2GFI and rolls double POW against my blodging catcher...ok the changes that this can happen were slim, but from that poin on I had the 1s and 2 booked for myself and my opponent was rolling 5s and 6s and POWs left and right.....not too pleasant. Confused

Overall I had a lot of fun (opposite to the hours of sleep) and finally had the chance to see the faced to the names on the forum. I enjoyed the whole weekend and have to thank Dan for letting me stay at his house for 3 hours of sleep so I can catch my early flight.

The only sad thing is that I couldn't play TIMuN...I guess we have to meet again soon Wink Very Happy

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

ZeeboubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2004 - 08:30 AM

hi all.......
I'm so tired.... I'm just waking up.......
So
Great tourney!!!!!!!! It was really the warhammer world.... ouch!!
I want to work there, closed to the bugman's!!!
oh... too much redbullVodka, i go to bed......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
TravellerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2004 - 06:11 AM

Germany
great to see the " Travel BB " in real... i got two nice picts of you and the travel pitch, which i will post later. Nice meeting you, Dan_Titan ! Very Happy

Traveller

Dan_TitanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 14, 2004 - 04:40 PM

Norway
      Traveller wrote:
great to see the " Travel BB " in real... i got two nice picts of you and the travel pitch, which i will post later. Nice meeting you, Dan_Titan ! Very Happy

Traveller

I say the same, my friend, its great to meet one of the "big Guys" in this BB World Worship

Dan Titan

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2004 - 03:10 PM

Undisclosed
Had a cracking weekend, even if Valen did cheat in the NBA vs. NDNE games Wink

Thanks to Trav as well for lugging the Streetbowl pitch across the water. It looks even more awesome in "person" than the pics allow, and it was great to get a game on it (especially the donkey mowing down the Saurus front line Laughing ).

Thanks to all my opponents, I enjoyed every game, getting as high as table 3 on merit Shocked before being let down slightly by my day 2 performance.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2004 - 08:25 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
The results are finally up

http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/uk/events/tournaments/bloodbowl/assets/the-bloodbowl-2004-results.pdf

EmberbreezeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2004 - 08:36 AM

I don't know, I find them and you get all the credit Wink

at least I was first on TBB Smile

Hag Graef Dragons Tournament Record 22:9:14 NAF Record 18:7:11
Silvania Suckers Tournament Record 8:2:11 NAF Record 5:2:11

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2004 - 09:45 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
All the credit goes to Emberbreeze. I claim none for myself. Wink

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2004 - 11:46 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
hmmm 112 instead of 133 .. not bad Wink

TravellerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2004 - 01:58 PM

Germany
Can someone please explain me, how this most sporting points works ?
If i got 0 points it means no awesome game, right ? Or it means real bad games to play with me ? Or just normal games ? Confused How to get 20 points ?
I´m just wondering as i thought i played two awesome games, but maybe my opponent coachs just say so and didnt wrote it down. Or i simple dont understand this math here ? Wink

Traveller

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2004 - 06:07 PM
Former President

England
I don't understand the math either my friend, there were guys out there who won Most Sporting at other events who didn't get any points at all.... pretty much irrelevent IMO ( see comments on TBB re. what 'final standings' are worth).

ThadrinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2004 - 11:02 PM

Sweden
Prdeisely three standings matter: places 1 and 2 after round 5, and dead last.

Other than that it doesn't really matter (even though the stats nerd in me would like to know). All this sportsmanship and painting points stuff is pretty much meaningless.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic