NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 09:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Tooter Booter rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tommyboyOffline
Post subject: Terradons, The Lizardmens Secret Weapon from the sky.  PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 12:49 AM

I posted this on TBB, but can't get on the site half the time, so I'll come here for suggestions.

Here's what I've got so far:

Terradons: In an effort to combat the passing attack of many Blood Bowl teams, one coach decided to have trained Terradons on the sidelines to pick off the opposing teams passes and give his team the ball.

Cost: 70K
Penalty Roll: 7+

1.) Terradon's may attempt to intercept short,long, and long bomb passes and Hail Mary's; THEY MAY NOT TRY FOR QUICK PASSES (they just can't swoop in that fast)

2.) Terradon's coach may pick where the point of Interception occurs.

3.) Treat as a normal INT attempt by a AG 3 player. No Tackle Zone penalties.

4.) If INT is successful, then Terradon will drop off the ball to any teammate within Long Pass Range. The drop off will be treated as a LONG BOMB pass (normal passing rules). If no teammate is within Long Pass Range then the Terradon will fly off with the ball and the teams must set up again, the opposing team gets the ball back and the Lizardmen team loses a turn as if a turnover occured.

5.) After the INT, treat as a normal turnover. But, the drop-off will be the first action of the teams turn. And if the drop-off lands incomplete then the teams turn is over.

6.) Penalty Roll is done only if the Terradon makes a successful INT. If the Terradon fails the Penalty Roll, it is lost for the game. The ref's have captured the Terradon and placed him in a cage. Roll normally for confiscation of the Terradon after the game.

That's all I've got for now,

ANY SUGGESTIONS????????

-JT

Reply with quote Back to top
dlb1969Offline
Post subject: Terradons...  PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 09:01 AM

United States of America
Sounds interesting, but it's risky becuase the lizzie team will probably lose their turn after a successful INT due to the long bomb pass restriction. Of course, that makes it balanced at least.

tommyboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 10:28 AM

Holy Cow, TBB works again!!!

I got some good streamlining suggestions over there:

1.) Drop the price to 50k and raise the penalty roll to 8+

2.) Simplify the INT. On a roll of 6 it is successful.

3.) Penalty Roll on any attempted INT by the Terradon.

4.) Instead of going through the passing stuff for the Drop-off; Designate which square the Terradon will drop the ball to and roll for scatter x3. Then being the teams turn.

That makes thing a whole lot simplier.

Last edited by tommyboy on Feb 25, 2003 - 10:50 AM; edited 1 time in total

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 10:38 AM

No sign of it where I am Sad

Boom! He's on his back!

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 10:40 AM

Oops, It is back up just a bit slow to respond Smile

Boom! He's on his back!

ZanzerTemOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 12:24 PM

United States of America

Alternatively, you could just buy a Skink and avoid the penalty roll. Take Pass Block, and you are good to go. Saves money, no penalty roll. I don't really see the functionality of this "secret weapon".

Check out my teams here, courtesy of: FUMBBL.com

tommyboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 12:53 PM

I see what you're saying, but the terradon can Intercept a short pass (or longer) anywhere on the field. So I'd think this would come in handy for those occasions when there is NOBODY between the thrower and catcher. The Terradon can swoop in and possibly rob the opposing team of a TD. Does that make sense?
** I figured everybody would assume this, but the terradon doesn't count as a player and doesn't take the field, it just sits next to the coach/ trainer and waits for the command to get the ball.

dlb1969Offline
Post subject: Lizzie secret weapons...  PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 01:26 PM

United States of America
I like the terradon idea, though I do agree with the post about a skink with pass block. Skinks with that skill can get into position from just about anywhere on the field. I do see occasions when the terradon would come into play. I think that maybe the poisoned dagger would be in character for the lizzie team or maybe a poisoned dart from a blow gun on the sidelines.

Dave

tommyboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 01:44 PM

Poison Blow Dart, that's good too!!

The terradon is really meant for those "Save Your A$$" moments, like when a Elf thrower gets clear and has a wide open lane to his catcher in the end zone, or for anytime when you can't get a skink between the thrower and catcher for the INT. Eachs just a little added pass defense for those air-it-out teams.

ZanzerTemOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 01:47 PM

United States of America

Poison Blow gun? How bout an elven arrow, or a skaven doom bell? We are really skirting the line between WFB and BB here.........

tommyboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 01:56 PM

A poison blow dart wouldn't be much different then a poison dagger. It might be fun to see what happens if they miss and hit a teammate.
Doom Bell???? HHMMMMM??? Laughing

ZanzerTemOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 02:03 PM

United States of America

Depends if you try to put range to it Rolling Eyes Make a Poison Dart just like a Poison dagger and thats a good thing.

I'm not trying to down anyone's ideas. I feel that there needs to be more things for some of the teams (Lizzies, Norse, 'Zons). But, just trying to make sure that whatever it is still has a "BloodBowl" feel to it.

tommyboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 02:11 PM

No sweat, I know sometimes things can get carried away and the next thing you know you're play Warhammer instead of BB.

MestariOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 11:25 PM

Replied on TBB already, but to justify the suggestions I made:

Terradon is not going to be the most frequently used secret weapon. Therefore, to avoid lots of rule-reading everytime one actually is used, the rules have to be simple.
Also, if the rules are simple and straightforward enough, they might even have a chance of making it to the secret weapon rules themselves!

I would suggest the following wording of the rules:

"Whenever a pass longer than a quick snap is made, you can use the terradon to intercept that pass. No other interceptions may be attempted. Terradon succeeds on a 6+. If succesful, the terradon can drop the ball to any square within long pass range from the middlepoint of the intercepted pass. The ball scatters three squares before landing, after it can be caught (diving catch may be used). A turnover to the passing team takes place after this."

Member #52

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 03:21 AM
Da Warboss

England
Would you be able to write this up into a word document and submit it to us for inclusion on the site please? Send it to me at:

david DOT candlish AT convergys DOT com

I'll then have a look through and tidy it up and pass it onto the content editor for final approval.

NAF #60

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic