NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 11:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I'm so good I lick my own arm rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
coachblacknifeOffline
Post subject: Too many players on the pitch  PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 02:57 AM

What's the accepted punishment if you notice that your opponent has more than 11 players on the pitch?

1) Send off a random player, tut, and roll your eyes
2) Send off a random player, lose a reroll, or suffer a turnover
3) send off their star and punch them in the eye?

Just wondering Smile

Andy

PS Obviously some of the options were not that serious...

Reply with quote Back to top
LucyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 03:25 AM

Undisclosed

How about, keep playing and be more carefull the next time?

Lucy
Twisted Evil

SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 05:25 AM

I know someone (to remove any doubt in advance: it's not me) who played against a skaven team at the dutch open. He thought he was clever by counting the players on the team roster and in the dugout befor the match.

Jap, you guessed it. He indeed played against 12 players on the field. The whole game!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

To see his face after he realized was worth a fortune!! Wink Laughing Laughing Very Happy

Sputnik

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 05:35 AM
Da Warboss

England
although I suspect the official line will be "remove one at random", every league I've ever commisioned or played in has treated an excess player as an illegal procedure, along with positioning too many players in wide zones, not enough on the LOS etc.

It can be too serious an issue to shrug it off and say "Oh well, lose a random player" - what if the extra player(s) had inflicted real damage? Intentional or not, the offending coach should be punished as if called for an illegal procedure. After all, setting up incorrectly, no matter how IS an illegal procedure, the LRB simply doesn't specify the punishment.

lol @ this 'vigilante rules interpreting'

NAF #60

BevanOffline
Post subject: Illegal Procedure  PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 02:29 PM

Indigo wrote:
every league I've ever commisioned or played in has treated an excess player as an illegal procedure, along with positioning too many players in wide zones, not enough on the LOS etc.

It's not an illegal procedure. The rule book limits IP to a small list of defined events that in all cases involve moving a player out of the correct sequence (before a turn counter, before a wild animal or before a fanatic).

Anything else might be technically illegal but you just correct the error as soon as its noticed. Any extra penalties are house rules.

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 05:12 PM

In the past we have allowed the opponent to remove the player of their choice, as this definately encourages the coach to be more careful in the future.

Obviously if this is a regular occurrence and/or deliberate you need to provide a slightly harsher punishment, like not playing that coach again Wink

Boom! He's on his back!

spreeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2003 - 08:02 PM

I think the onus should be on BOTH coaches to ensure the correct number of players are on the pitch. Both should know the rules, and both should count the number of players on each team! In most cases it'd be an honest mistake to field 12 or more players, if you let the opposing coach do it then you're equally at fault. What do you do if your opponent accidently rolls an extra block dice?? It's your fault if you let them do it.

As for IP's being called then that's a House Rule issue. As for me I've done anything from making them remove a player to re-starting the half depending on the situation.

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 08:49 AM
Da Warboss

England
lol we now have 3 posts discussing the same issue...

NAF #60

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 10:50 AM

United States of America
Lock 2 of them Smile

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 11:06 AM

United States of America
For too many men I think I'm going to use this for our league (note that it hasn't happened yet and we're all pretty good about helping each other with the rules so it probably won't happen):

The onus is on <b>both</b> coaches to count to 11 when setting up a kickoff (how hard is it really?) so the player stays, but the ref gets involved. Make a roll per the foul rules. If the ref catches the infraction a random player gets ejected immediately. If not, the ref is still watching the team with too many men.

If the random player had the ball it gets thrown back in by the fans near the dugout's center sqaure (use standard rules).

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

spindexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 11:11 AM

We just remove a player and keep playing since it happens sometimes. We DO have a house rule if you do it twice in a single game you suffer lost reroll.
If it becomes a problem (so-and-so always puts 12 on the pitch) You can use the one random player thats on the pitch gets send off for the rest of the game as if they were send off for fouling.

I would like to see a "sneakn' in" rule for players that might go unnoticed(goblin, halfling, skink)
spindex Shocked

BlanchPrezOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 01:59 PM

Melifaxis wrote:
For too many men I think I'm going to use this for our league (note that it hasn't happened yet and we're all pretty good about helping each other with the rules so it probably won't happen):

The onus is on <b>both</b> coaches to count to 11 when setting up a kickoff (how hard is it really?) so the player stays, but the ref gets involved. Make a roll per the foul rules. If the ref catches the infraction a random player gets ejected immediately. If not, the ref is still watching the team with too many men.

If the random player had the ball it gets thrown back in by the fans near the dugout's center sqaure (use standard rules).

I personally like these rules, though this is not a problem in my league. When we play, we generally have at least three people, two playing and oen watching (at least one). If someone puts more than 11 players on a pitch (has happened), we just tell them, and they pick the one they want to take off and adjust their set-up before the ball is placed. Same goes for wide zones. We haven't yet got into a situation where this goes beyond setting up, but if it did, I think these rules would work well. Smile

Chris

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 03:19 PM

United States of America
Yeah, we're usually pretty gentlemanly about stuff like that too. Doesn't hurt to establish a rule just in case though.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

KarlLindemannOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 05:15 PM

Peotone, Illinois
PUNCH IN THE EYE! Twisted Evil

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 05:25 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
Laughing Laughing

If we notice before the drive ends we'd randomise. Things happen and are thus arranged in a friendly matter. Otherwise the other coach should have been more watchfull.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic