NAF Logo
leftstar May 15, 2024 - 05:24 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Goblin team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject: My completed Lizardman team  PostPosted: Apr 01, 2004 - 03:14 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

Ok, so I took them to the Pearly Kings & Queens tourney (where they came 19th out of 56 Surprised ) and I've finally got around to taking some pics.

Any and all comments / suggestions welcome on how to improve the 'next batch' as I still have enough bits with those two boxes I bought to create another team.....(e-bay??? Orc )

Stuff like:

'Should the entire team be the same skin colour, you know for unity?'

'Are those pads on the Saurus good enough or should both sides be the same?'

'I see the score marker, the frog right? But where are the lizard re-roll markers.....?'

224th at The World Cup II

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2004 - 02:32 AM

Undisclosed
I like the same pads on the saurus, but there's nothing wrong with the way you've done it. Didn't like the chest armour, but that's just my personal opinion.

I think (and again imo only) that Lizies look better either all one skin colour (darker for the saurus) or multi-coloured (ie different spawnings).

Bringing them to the BB?

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2004 - 04:12 AM

England
The Saurus do look a little like they're wearing giant orange nappies. Their chest armour could do with having a little more shape to it, and being attached to the shoulder pads. Try making it a bit like the Ogres so it's a little more football armour like. Alternatively, if I remember correctly, GW produced a range of Lizardman symbols, which might be suitable for a single central chest armour piece. Do a component search in the catalogue and see.

Their left shoulder pads are fine, but their right hand ones (with the spikes) are too long. No one has armour from shoulder to elbow in a single piece.

The colour scheme is fine, but personally I'd have painted the Skinks a similar shade of blue to the Saurus.

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2004 - 11:22 AM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

Mordredd wrote:
The Saurus do look a little like they're wearing giant orange nappies. Their chest armour could do with having a little more shape to it, and being attached to the shoulder pads. Try making it a bit like the Ogres so it's a little more football armour like.

Cheers mate Smile . It does seem the Saurus are the cause of the most debate about this team. There is method to my madness, or rather motive....

Saurus are St 4, AG 1. Cool.

The new Saurus plastics are full of motion, very agile looking, lithe, mobile and swift looking. In short, not St4, AG1.

This is all for good reason. Games Workshop has always, always been cool miniatures inspiring a set of rules. Thats how they started for Gods sake! The previous range of Saurus models were alot stockyier, more thick set and bulkier. They looked hard, but slow. The BB rules came out and suited them fine and dandy. Move on several years, and the newer, cooler Saurus come out....

It's the nature of the beast. Progress I mean. I know that there are alot of guys out there who prefer to still use the Slann as agile frogs in Blood Bowl. Why? 'Cause that is what the models 'looked like' when their rules were written.

So a choice then. Do I go for the new, 'skinny and mobile' looking Lizardmen or do I convert them so they are still the modern Lizardmen and fit in with the Skinks but look like St 4, AG 1?

You can see my decision.... Twisted Evil

224th at The World Cup II

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2004 - 12:29 PM

United States of America
The lizardmen symbols, combined with the little snake/lizard packs make great counters.

If you're going to experiment on the next batch try to go for a few really dynamic poses to mix things up a bit. A diving skink, etc.

I have the plastics boxes too, and this project is the next team on the list to work on. I just have to finish up my NBA Legacy mini and mail it off to Torg first.

Oh yeah...Kroxigor Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2004 - 04:11 PM

Undisclosed
I'll have to post my poorly painted lizzies oe day.

Tbh, the "lithe" look never bothered me, so I had no problem using the saurus "as is".

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic