NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 11:32 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Danish team - Eurobowl Drinking Champions rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
McSnagaOffline
Post subject: Re: OK here comes my reasoning  PostPosted: Feb 12, 2003 - 09:06 AM

England
      liviath wrote:
Common sense states that a strong arm = a strong toss. If a long pass is nothing but a short one to you, then wouldn't it make sense that lobbing it a few extra squares is just as easy?

I disagree with this on principle. Forget the rules for a minute: Just because someone has a super strong arm would not make very short passes any easier for them. Such passes are due to skill not strength. A stronger man will find very short passes no easier than those made by a weaker man. Would an Ogre with AG3 be a better passer than a Human?

Strong arm quite rightly gains no benefit for quick passes or dump offs.

I agree that a re-wording to clarify strong arm/dump off would be desirable.

Reply with quote Back to top
biggyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 05:56 PM

Undisclosed
Geez Liviath, give it a rest. No-one agrees with your interpretation. Just let it go. Please

smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 07:53 PM

Hear, hear!

Give us a break, Liviath.

The wording of the rule is clear enough. Common sense and the opinion of all commissioners is against your view.

Just accept it and give us some peace and quiet.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless

spreeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 10:47 PM

YEAH!! The issue is dead and buried and it's time to lock the topic!!! LOCK IT LOCK IT LOCK IT LOCK IT!!!!!

err...sorry the ranting-bandwagon-jumping-raving-crowd-chanting-lunatic in us all got the better of me Wink

LloydOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 06:30 AM

I may be a little late into this arguement/discussion but I think it's a novel idea to use strong arm in the circumstance of dump off. It may be nasty to come up against but then again so are many other combinations especially to do with casualties.

Even though the official rules indicate that it isn't legal if someone came up with the combination I could not fault them for it and would let it happen if the circumstance arose. I'd be impressed to see it.

Also in a sense it goes towards making the skill unique and valuable in comparison to accurate as a first skill for a thrower which brings more character the game.

I'd also like to see it be a benefit in the conditions of a blizzard even though that is offically ruled against.

If any one has clean and clear evidence that this is now substantially unbalancing a game such as piling on in a previous thread I might change my mind.

For those of you who are purists in the rules of blood bowl don't worry I'll be sticking to the closest thing to the letter of the law when it comes to running Sydcon and won't allow this combination.

Don't let them disconcert you Liviath I admire this combination and you should feel free to rule however you please when you run your own tournament or league.

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 08:38 AM
Former President

England
      Lloyd wrote:
Don't let them disconcert you Liviath I admire this combination and you should feel free to rule however you please when you run your own tournament or league.

Nobody's trying to disconcert anybody here, but whether people believe it should be allowed or leagues are happy to house rule it is a different argument.
The thread title is 'I want an official ruling'. It's been given, simple as that.

KarlLindemannOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 27, 2003 - 05:21 PM

Peotone, Illinois
i thought that strong arm didnt allow you to actually throw farther but it made it easier to throw by lowering it 1 band?(but I frequently screw a lot of things up so. . .meh)

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2003 - 03:04 AM
Da Warboss

England
you're right karl - it's another case of 'selective interpretation'

however, the '3 square range' for dump off is flawed, as 3 diagonal squares are further than 3 horizontal or vertical squares. Stick with the existing description, but with a clear indication on the strong arm skill that it cannot be used to affect Dump Off.

NAF #60

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic