NAF Logo
leftstar May 09, 2024 - 04:44 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wez got dis one in da bag! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
twistOffline
Post subject: Blood Bowl Results/Comments?  PostPosted: Mar 02, 2003 - 10:34 AM

Canada
What happened? Who won? Someone inform us underpriviledged Blood Bowlers, please!!!

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 01:46 AM
Da Warboss

England
The winner was a spanish guy, Marcos Ocana, and there are pics here:

http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4980

It was an absolutely fantastic weekend. I'm sure there are going to be loads more pics posted soon too...

For the record, I came 150th, which considering the level of the competition I played there ain't too bad. I have a lot to learn.... Smile

NAF #60

GenoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 03:20 AM

Well done Indigo, I came 122nd, and seeing as I predicted 75th - 125th I'm pretty happy with that. I too still have a lot to learn but I also learn't a hell of a lot over the weekend!

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 03:35 AM
Da Warboss

England
me too - I play in a league that only has about 4 different races, and everyone uses similar tactics, so it was a real eye opener to see some of the strategies used against me. I'm going to take some of the formations back to my league tomorrow and use them against the others... should see me maintain my lead at the top!!

at least I got one victory, which was all the more sweet as it was against my bogey team.... the undead! I f**king hate 'em!!!

NAF #60

coachblacknifeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 04:51 AM

112th from Games Played, 107th on Grand Total. One more TD in any of those Draws and... next year, eh? Must go and have harsh words with old Hthark the double-1-in-every-game.

Heh.

Andy

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 05:08 AM
Da Warboss

England
lol you can't compete with "human blitzer who rolls double skulls twice and triple skulls once" in the same match

currently for sale at -$10k
I'll pay him to leave my squad.

NAF #60

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 05:37 AM

Canada
LOL! Sounds like everyone who attended had a blast... Thanks for the info! I agree with you Indigo, it helps when you have a variety of opposition, there are so many different playing styles out there...

Congrats on your rankings!

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

Slinky78Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 07:39 AM

England

Had a fantastic weekend. Final record of 1-4-1. So I was pleased that despite being so inexperienced I had a 5 game unbeaten streak after game one. Bit disappointed that that translated to 139th place! But the points were geared to wins and not draws, which is fair enough - until your orcs refuse to get the winning score. I won't say I was unlucky, because on balance I probably wasn't, and it's the lamest excuse around. I'd just have rather the luck had distributed itself a bit differently so that it stopped screwing up my chance of the winning td! I don't mind a dead lineman, just let me have the 4+ throw (with re-roll) and 3+ catch once in a while please!! Crying or Very sad
Moaning aside, I had a great time, good to be exposed to so many different teams and tactics. Coaching standard seemed very high (maybe it was just relative!). And meeting a lot of people, who were all really friendly. Can't wait to do it all again (if I can get a ticket).

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 07:46 AM
Da Warboss

England
me too, and now I am on the hunt for more UK tournaments to go to! I've got the bug, and need to improve my ranking anyway

NAF #60

MattRobsonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 07:54 AM

Hi All

I had a great time at my first tourney!!! came 97th with 2 - 2 - 2 Shocked
i was also one of the teams put forward for best represented team (mine were the orcs!) and was one behind the most Casualtys caused Twisted Evil all in all it was a great weekend and i will be there next year for sure!! Big shout out to MR PORRITT and his skaven team, hope to c you all the next year!!!!!

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 08:17 AM
Da Warboss

England
mate your team rocked! having similar newcastle allegiances, I was proud to see you flying the flag for us!

I had my "Neuberg Magpies" painted up in toon colours too, but they were somewhat less successful

NAF #60

TimOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 02:32 PM

Germany
Howdy,

i must say .... it was GREAT! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Very well organized, lots of nice coaches playing mostly for the fun of the game. I really expected more bitching and discussing, but i had not a single opponent calling an illegal procedure or similar crap.

I had 6 very different games against 6 different races, 3 wins, 2 losses (one by 1, one by 2 touchdowns) 1 draw. Became 57th total.

There was a special seminar for NAF members where Jervis gave a preview of some of the new teams. I gotta say ... SAVE YOUR MONEY! There wasn't a single mini in the presentations that wasn't at least very good. Most of them are just great ... pictures should pop up here or on TBB soon.

CU,
Tim.

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 05:55 PM

Undisclosed
Matt, and other coaches who missed the announchment, ignore the ranking numbers on the sheet next to your name, someone at GW screwed by the spreadsheet. Your final posistion is the number you count down the sheet (47 to a page) so Matt, you came 95th.

I had a great time, with a W2/D1/L3 record, 97th overall, but I had a laugh all the way through, with only one coach who was taking it a bit to "seriously".

Matt, by the way, I'm Simon, your opponent in the last round. Thanks for the game, it was the most enjoyable game I've played, even though I only finished with 2 players. I don't think I've ever laughed at my players demise so much. Laughing Hope to see you next year, either in the tournament proper, or for a friendly.

My only critism, I didn't have enough varierty, as I faced 3 Orcs, 2 CD's and an undead team. Playing Skaven, I'd have liked to have faced another Skaven team, or a Woodie, or even Halflings, but hey, can't have it all. Maybe next year. Wink

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

ohiohuskiesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 07:30 PM

oh right...thought the positions looked a bit crap.
i finished 43rd then, on 22 points. Pretty pleased considering I played 1 half of a game the sunday before (previous to that about 6 years ago I last played...!!!).
anyway had a good time and looking forward to next year.

ThadrinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 11:17 PM

Sweden
You'd have thought that a one-loss record would translate to a better placing than down in the 140s wouldn't you? Thems the breaks though. 4 draws will do that to you.
I think Slinky, Matt and myself did each other no favours by going through tough, hard fought draws with each other. Also had it proved to me that when a lizard team gets the dice rolling well there's no stopping them, and that three treemen can make even a game against Halflings a tricky proposition for a slowarsed dwarf team.
Great weekend from which I am evry thankful I have a free morning to recover (got home at 10 last night). Thanks to Tim, Steve and Paul, my opponents, the bearded s'not and ECBBL boys, and everyone else who was there. See you next year, or at the Spiky open if I can afford it, or wherever.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic