NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 10:41 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pinched Nerve! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fondu77Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 06, 2003 - 04:26 AM

was it your team....
I stop painting when i realise how bad i was....

Reply with quote Back to top
spreeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 04:20 PM

Indigo wrote:
I think I saw some on TBB but it's just died - I'll get a link as soon as I can.

I've seen a bunch of pics from the Blood Bowl but still haven't seen any with pics of this team!! Can anyone point me in the right direction??

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 05:18 PM
Former President

England
Sure. House-Rulez.
http://www.house-rulez.com/

spreeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 07:14 PM

Thanks! There are some very nicely painted teams there, I'm impressed. The pics aren't that great of the winning Nurgle based Chaos team but I'll take everyone's word for it that it was the best!

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 09:50 PM

Toronto, ON
I am trying to get some better ones, I'll post 'em here when I do.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 10:41 PM

Toronto, ON
Here are some pics of my head coach, the bases took a bit of a beating from all the travel so I've redone them recently.

Head Coach (Front)

Head Coach (Back)

The Games Day 2003 Chaos Lord mini I used for the conversion (not sure who painted this one, I found it on Google)

I might have some pics of the rest of the team tomorrow.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2003 - 01:40 AM

Wow Anthony, that Troll of yours is awesome Shocked (and so is the rest of the team, but the Troll is just too Shocked )
(Oh, and thanks for using the dead Wood Elf Ref before I got my own Wood Elf Referee Wielding Goblin-conversion finished Razz)
By the way, the head coach looks pretty cool as a Nurgle guy. Did you drill those holes in the armour or something?
Congratz,

Martijn (gotta plump my dull, Undivided Chaos Champ in the thinner a.s.a.p. Wink)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2003 - 08:11 AM

Toronto, ON
Thanks!

Yes I drilled the holes with a pin vice and a couple different bit sizes, the rest of the teram has them too.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2003 - 03:13 AM

Cool, I'll try it out on my Fantasy Nurglites (I've been scuplting Nurglings and boils on plastic Warriors for two weeks now and they still don't look nurgly enough... The holes will probably do it though Cool)

Martijn

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2003 - 11:19 AM

Toronto, ON
I am doing that on my fantasy army too. I didn't want to make the Marauders [i]too[/] Nurgly, I figuire the really gross stuff should just be for the Champions etc. I think I will probably paint the flesh the same way I did my Beastmen though. Send me some pics of your army when you get a chance!

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 17, 2003 - 03:20 AM

Well, my first warrior was a succes: finished within 2 hours, my all-time record Smile
And I drilled holes in some of my warriors, but I guess my smallest drill is too big (1 mm) so now the holes look a bit big. Luckily I have found the perfect solution for that: greenstuff maggots coming out of the holes Smile
My Marauders are basically painted like mark-less Vikings (so no fancy colour schemes and weird mutations except some decent Nurgly gifts on a handful - my champion has a bloated belly and greenish teint for example)
I'll try scanning them this week, don't expect Golden Deamon stuff though - it's basic 'Eavy Metal-painting without the sickly Barbie-style neatness.

Martijn

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2003 - 01:31 PM

Toronto, ON
Here are some more pics, we got a digital camera last week so I have been practicing Wink The Beastman is one of the new Rotter's Beastmen I painted up for Orion just this past weekend, and the other one is my Nurgle blessed Ogre.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2003 - 01:41 PM

Canada
Anthony, how much time do you take to paint a mini (an average, not a precise count !) and hoe do you work ?

I tend to paint them section by section. Let's take a Bull Centaur: if I begin by his beard, I'll do the base coat, the shading, the highlight and then move on. Would it be faster (cause it's taking me a lot of time: around 7-8 hours per mini) if I'd base coat the entire miniature, then do all the shadings, then all the highlights ?

Thanks for your advices !

Fred

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2003 - 02:09 PM

Toronto, ON
I think the Beastman took me about 4 hours or so, but by this point I had already painted 11 other ones in the same way so it went pretty fast. I'm really not a very fast painter most times. I usually do things in stages, so for example on the Beastman, I did all the flesh base coat, then all the stages of highlighting until I was done. Then I did all the orange armour, then the horns and hooves, straps, then armour and anything else I missed. I find that jumping from colour to colour slows me down so I try to do all similar areas first.

What is your approach Squiggoth?

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 25, 2003 - 01:35 AM

My approach? Well, here goes: black basecoat off course (white is for Elves!). I usually start painting a basecoat on the shirt (in my case a striped pattern of Scab Red and Bubonik Brown) because the shirt is the hardest to reach after you've done the other areas (made that mistake on my blitzer Embarassed ). This is then highlighted. After that, I paint the skin, and the red parts of the helmet if the model is wearing one. Then the shoes & any leather straps and after that the trousers. After that come all the metal bitz of armour and chipped paintwork on the helmets, and then it's time to clean the water (most people know this already but ALWAYS CLEAN YOUR WATER AND BRUSHES THOROUGHLY AFTER USING METALLICS SO AS NOT TO RUIN YOUR NON-METALLIC PAINT WITH BITS OF METAL!). With the clean water I first wash some thinned-down brown ink over the armour and then I paint all the little details such as teef, amulets and bangles (they're mostly fantasy Orcs after all, so covered in extra stuff) and as the finishing touch I do the player's back number (or shoulder number, or bottom number in the case of some of my Goblins). The base comes somewhere in between (don't really care), but after I've done the shoes (that way when you drybrush the base some paint will get brushed on the shoes creating a Dirty Shoes-effect which I dig).

But hey, most of this is in that file I send you Anthony - you could've posted it! Wink

Martijn

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic