NAF Logo
leftstar May 09, 2024 - 06:34 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Got Block? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 - 03:17 PM

Undisclosed
Zombie-
I can't find it...could you set me up with a link?

Thanks in advance. -Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Reply with quote Back to top
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 - 03:41 PM

There were two threads started by Clan-Skaven that are just a little bit further down this page. But my question about the master chef is actually in this very thread!

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 - 03:54 PM

Hey this is great. A lot of talk going on about the Death Bowl.

All right let's take it from the top.

There's no reason that regeneration should be tied to the player. It's the coach Necromancer that does all that work. Perhaps that's a fluff answer but if you loose your head coach you can not regenerate.

You do not have to pay for the Halfling Chef, he is considered as your head coach. But as such if you loose your head coach on an "Argue the call" you also loose your chef. You do have to pay for the extra attempts to steal re-rolls.

BgGuy's - Rob you do make a point. As Zombie said this years BB7's round is for reduced points. Not quite as little as he made it out to be but still reduced Smile This year is meant to work out the bugs and next year it'll be worth full points. I'm going to think about this and see if anyone else has an opinion on it. You're right though that there's a bit of unbalance there.

The BB7's roster is made up of players from the roster you've been using all tourney. Consider it more as choosing who will sit out this match instead of making a new roster. Anyone who has a skill keeps it. It'll also make skill choice a little more interesting as if you've given all you position players skills they may not all be able to be in the 7's round due to roster limitations.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 - 04:18 PM

CyberHare wrote:
There's no reason that regeneration should be tied to the player. It's the coach Necromancer that does all that work. Perhaps that's a fluff answer but if you loose your head coach you can not regenerate.

That's the old rule. They changed that in LRB3.0 (or was that LRB2.0). Are you saying that you reject this new rule? If so, you have to specify that in your rule pack as it says that we'll be using LRB3.0 unless otherwise noted.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2004 - 04:23 PM

CyberHare wrote:
As Zombie said this years BB7's round is for reduced points. Not quite as little as he made it out to be but still reduced Smile

Normal round :
min points = 20 (lose by 2+ TDs, no more CAS than opponent)
max points = 70 (win by 2+ TDs, more CAS than opponent)
total points up for grab = 50

BB7 :
min points = 10 (lose)
max points = 20 (win)
total points up for grab = 10

So you see, i was actually giving it more weight than it deserved when i said 4 times less value. The actual value is in fact 5 times less than a normal round!

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2004 - 02:33 PM

Undisclosed
Brian-
Any update on the BB7's / BigGuy Ruling?

I don't really expect to be in the running for winning the tourney, and I don't know if the Halflings can really hang in this context, but my competitive-side wants to know if the playing field will be a level one before making a choice about race. (October probably gives me enough time to prepare a whole "new" team...I just wanted to be sure that any modeling/painting would be toward completing a tournament team.)

Please let me know as soon as you can...that is unless you fear the "Belly Busters" Very Happy

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2004 - 12:45 PM

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
Any update on the BB7's / BigGuy Ruling?

While I see your point about Halflings getting completely screwed if their tree doesn't show up I see them being way too strong if by chance they both show up. 2 tree's on the field is a lot to contend with for the 7 men on the field. I also don't think that the Goblins should get two trolls as that would also be broken IMO. So what we're going to do is this.

"Though halflings may only take one treeman for their BB7's roster there are no rules as to whch treeman it must be. That being the case should a halfling team happen to have 2 treeman on their standard roster they may have two attempts at the take root roll during the BB7's round. If either roll passes then that is the treeman that shows up for the match. Coaches must indicate which treeman they are rolling the take root for before it is rolled. If both tree's fail then no treeman shows up for the first half."

Thoughts?

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2004 - 12:53 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
Sounds good to me, though I think I would be a little harder on them and make them choose one. Wink

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2004 - 01:06 PM

I don't like that. It helps halflings at the expense of goblins, and halflings were already better than goblins without this.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2004 - 01:06 PM

They do have to choose, or maybe that isn't clear. They choose who the rol for first and if that tree fails it can't show up. They can then try with their second choice.

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2004 - 01:09 PM

United States of America
I think it's fine. No one is going to bring 'flings to the Death Bowl anyways. They would be INSANE...

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2004 - 01:39 PM

Halflings see their chance of having a treeman in the first half go from 1 in 2 to 3 in 4. Goblins get nothing. The treeman, once there, has no negative skill other than big guy. The troll still has really stupid and always hungry. I don't think that's fair at all.

However, in the final game, it's the halflings getting the short hand of the stick, as their master chef only takes away x rerolls to be distributed amoung all opposing teams, instead of taking away x rerolls to each one of them, as logic would have it. If you really want to help halflings, change that!

As for no one bringing halflings to the Deathbowl... i did last year. I brought halflings, skaven and norse. Forgot about halflings when i saw that 1 in 3 teams was either dwarf or chaos dwarf, and then rolled a die which came up norse.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2004 - 03:50 PM

Undisclosed
I think the easiest way of doing it, and of course I will live with the decision either way, would be to halve the Big Guys in the way that you describe it...the one exception would be if you ordinarily can only have one...then you shouldn't be able to have one in the 7s match.

This way you are not messing with the balance of the Goblins or the Halfling teams. Beside these are the only teams that really need them in 7s anyway. CDs, Orcs, Khemri, Lizardmen would each still have access to STR4+ guys anyway...Humans and the rest really shouldn't need a Big Guy to beat Halflings.

If you take that Big Guy advantage away from the Stunty teams...
the Stunties will have no shot at winning at all. To keep it reasonable...imagine a Human team with One Thrower, One Catcher, One Blitzer and Four Linemen on the pitch against One Treemen and Six Halflings. What experienced Blood Bowl player couldn't beat that team...especially with a few skills? Now imagine the Treeman not showing up for a half? Rolling Eyes

Now imagine the same Human team minus one Lineman and supplanted by a Ogre with Block? Further imagine the Treeman not showing up then! Shocked

I believe that if no one will swallow not having a Big Guy, that the Stunties should be able to have two as usual. (Keep in mind that even then the Halflings could go a half without the Treeman support. This is something that the Goblins don't have to worry about...PLUS...their Secret Weapons Player can also make this roster.)

Insane or not...I am leaning toward the bringing Halflings to the Death Bowl. Just think of all of the takle zones that I will get to ignore on my dodges in the Final. Smile

"...Joe Snap picks up the ball, but is surrounded on all sides by Orcs, Mummies and a Bull Centaur. With a determined look in his eye, Snap leaps over the Bull Centaur and toward the end zone. He dodges away from the BC and squeaks through the Ogre and Troll ...now he's just three squares away...Two Squares Away...The crowd goes wild...Snap will not be denied as he pushes himself toward paydirt -roll- 6!!! One Square Away...On the verge of exhaustion Snap stretches out trying to cross the goal line -roll- 1 -re-roll- 5 -TOUCHDOWN!!!!"" Ladies and gentleman we have just witnessed Dungeon Bowl history!!! Joe Snap scores the deciding touchdown in dramatic fashion and the Belly Busters are 2504 Death Bowl Champions!!! Thanks in no small part to the savory culinary smells wafting out of the pot of the Master Chef!!!

Well I can dream can't I? Very Happy

NAF Member #5236
---

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2004 - 04:18 PM

That human team you describe could easily have 1 thrower, 2 catchers, 2 blitzers and 2 linemen. Then it gets pretty ugly!

But yeah, i agree with you. Normal teams with no big guys, or stunty teams with two of them.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2004 - 06:37 PM

Zombie wrote:
But yeah, i agree with you. Normal teams with no big guys, or stunty teams with two of them.

Hmm well I thought of doing this but I didn't think people would go for the idea of having to sit out their BG. Mel what do you think? All BG halved rounded down of full access to BG's?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic