NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 11:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Borak knows Blood Bowl. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ZinakOffline
Post subject: pro elves  PostPosted: Sep 06, 2004 - 08:46 PM

Undisclosed

So would you start a roster for a league with no thrower to save some cash?

Zinak

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
BanelordOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 07, 2004 - 02:22 AM

Germany
With Elves, yes.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 07, 2004 - 04:23 AM

England
With pro Elves? No.

slupOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2004 - 12:57 AM
Big Mek

Undisclosed
It depends
If i got 10K spare i would rather use them to turn a lineelf into a thrower, than buying extra fanfactor.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2004 - 02:44 AM

He's talking league here, not tournament. Fan factor is more important than anything, especially for an expensive AV7 team.

Pros of starting with thrower : cheap reroll (pass) that will come in handy; really helps your passing game once you pick up accurate.

Con of starting with him : keeps you from spreading the SPPs and getting a skill on every line-elf early.

Conclusion : starting with him helps your team win, but starting without him helps your team develop.

Both choices are good. Do whatever you feel most comfortable with.

SuMOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2004 - 06:21 AM

WORMLEYSBURG, PA
I say yes...
All Elves to me are possible Passers...
When a throw is failed, Pass Skill is cheaper then a Team Re-roll...

ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2004 - 07:38 PM

Undisclosed

Well i am keeping him and have come up with this

1 thrower
7 line elves
1 blitzer
2 catchers

3 RR
5 fan factor( we are useing the playtest vault so you dont buy fan factor you get 5)

1 Apothecary...(I am av7)

I think This will do I know many will scream where is the second blitzer but I wanted the Apoth...

Zin'ak

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
MarcuzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 14, 2005 - 03:55 AM

no no, 2 blitzer, they are the most important player is this INCREDIBLE team!! Ciauz Cool !

ArdendronOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2005 - 06:41 AM

My starting squad would look lijke this:

220 2 Blitzers
100 1 Catcher
070 1 Thrower
420 7 Lineelves
050 1 Reroll
050 1 Apo
090 9 FF
Oh I saw that you using the vault rules so I've 90k Gp to spend. Then I would drop the thrower so that I can buy two more rerolls. Or a bit riskier you only buy one Reroll and get a thrower and a second Catcher.
This depends on the team that are joining the league. If there are more bashy team I would start with 12 players to have one in reserver.

Ardendron

TalonsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2005 - 06:50 AM

Blitzers aren't that important!!!! I say this because for 3 seasons I have played the Pro Elves. The first season, I started with the 2 Blitzers but my team suffered when it came to playing Woodies or Skaven. The 2nd season I changed my way of thinking and started with 2 Throwers=140, 3 Catchers=300, 6 Linemen=360, 2 Rerolls=100, and a 9FF=90. It left me with 10k for the treasury. That season I dominated on the score sheet and racked up the wins early and often, starting the season 9-0. After the first game I purchased an Apoth, the second purchase was an extra linemen. The 3rd was my first Blitzer followed by my 4th Catcher. This makes for the most potent offense you can have. Use one thrower as your main weapon, the second acts as a lineman with the pass skill for those moments when you can't get to the ball with your star QB. Its a free reroll for 10k. Accurate isn't needed with this team either.....your thrower is accurate on a 2+ for quick and 3+for short. With the speed of your Catchers yoou don't need to be chucking it down the field with reckless abandon. The first skill is Block followed by sure hands. As for the third skill I'm leaning towards taking Hail Mary. The reason for this is stall ball against those grinding out bashy teams. Keep your thrower deep in your end and wait until the last possible second to heave it downfield. The catchers should be strategically placed down the field, spread out enough that the opponent can't cover all of them. Once you chuck it.....pick it up and its an easy TD for your elves. No blitzer hurts on defence, but at the begining of league play it is your elves offense that dominates teams. You can rectify this problem by giving one catcher these 2 skills first.....Block and Leap, followed by Stripball. That's my input, take it or leave it. Oh, I failed to mention......I won the league title that season and totally dominated from the start.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2005 - 07:13 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Ok I can agree with Talons on this, I played him in the league & he did beat me in the championship, my team being Skaven.

I will say this though, its rather tough to give suitable advice about what to take on most teams until, I have an idea of what makes up the rest of your league.

For example if your league has opponents like 1 Orc, 1 Chaos, 2 Dwarf, 1 Chaos Dwarf, & an Ogre team. I'd suggest different roster stratagies than if you had a team in a much more dodgey league. (Like mine for instance, but it was a different season where Talons won the cup.)
We have 1 Amazon, 2 Skaven, 1 Goblin, 1 Human, & Talon's Pro Elves. Or even yet again different advice if your league is a balanced one.

Probably not much help, but I hope it helps somewhat.

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2005 - 02:55 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I'd say starting off with a 9-0 win can't count as a normal season. You've just got triple the SPPs that you'd expect off the first game.

In fact it sounds like you are probably much better than the competition or maybe you have some house rules that impact the performance of low Av teams.

TanteKaetheOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 01:19 AM

@doubleskulls
I think he meant 9 wins without a loss in his first games.

Cheers,

Tante Käthe

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 02:57 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Embarassed Ah well.

TBH if you've gone 9-0 you are probably a much better coach that the guys you are playing against, so a sub-optimal lineup wouldn't make too much difference.

BevanOffline
Post subject: What's wrong with Elves?  PostPosted: Feb 14, 2005 - 01:23 AM

So why do these elves have such an abysmal record in tournaments?

Doubleskulls' stats show that the Elf team is consistently worse than any of the other elf teams in all regions and all forms of event, and in particular among the four teams that the Elf team does worst against are Wood Elf, Dark Elf and High Elf. Rolling Eyes

So why are they so bad? In reset style events the low armour shouldn't have too much effect, but their position players are OK and they can afford more of them (or more rerolls).

I had been planning to try these Elves but I need to know why they can't compete against other elves (or any other team). Maybe I should stick to the halflings. Very Happy

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic