NAF Logo
leftstar May 04, 2024 - 06:38 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Chaos Dwarf team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 - 11:16 PM

Paying the extra $5 won't be a problem - I'll eiher be able to pay none of it or more than it - which is the problem.

http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
frecklesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 - 05:26 PM

Australia

Hi guys

Sorry for my recent absence, but life has been crazy. Confused

hunky - I hope you can make it. Maybe you are one of the 8 entries I already have??? (She said optimistically). Wink

Entering on the day is OK, although it is nice to have an idea of numbers before the event.

Anyway, hopifeully we'll see some (or all) of you on the day. Very Happy

Cheers!

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2005 - 11:04 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      freckles wrote:
hunky - I hope you can make it

Lets hope Andrew isn't reading this, otherwise there might be trouble at the tourney Laughing

I ought to be there Saturday with my brand spanking new gobbo team. Very Happy

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 12:10 AM

lol, thats ok Ian, I'm not fussy at all about accepting compliments, even the ones that come as a result of typos Smile

frecklesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 08:05 PM

Australia

Sorry 'hunky' Embarassed What a shocker of a typo, LOL. Wink

Ian - Look forward to seeing you then.

Just a note: IT WILL NOT COST EXTRA TO ENTER ON THE DAY. I double checked with the main man and he said not to bother with this cost, as it doesn't make any difference to BB how many come. That's of course as long as we have enough to run, but we already have 8 paid entries and hopefully more on the day.

I look forward to seeing you all (hopefully) on the weekend! Very Happy

Cheers!

BabsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 08:24 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
LOL! Just remember Chunky - Emma's into Ferrets so I'm not sure what kind of compliment it is Smile

I'll be there. I have confirmation that my wife is allowing me to go. So unless tsunami's or other major disasters interrupt, I'll be there.

I was planning to bring NAF prizes too - but like MacCon they're still in transit so will have to award IOU's. Annoying, but they lost my postal address. At least the NAF is giving prizes.

Washed up old has been.
Ex-official GW Blood Bowl Rules Committee member
Ex-NAF Tournament Organiser, Australasia
Co-Author of the Feudball first novel.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 10:06 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Now I've got a nice hexagonal board if someone fancies giving it a test drive Very Happy

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2005 - 10:38 PM

I believe Tommy isn't able to make it now, and was looking at transferring his entry to me (since I was intending to pay on the day).

danOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2005 - 02:05 AM

Oh no, "hunky" has offered me a bed at his place for the night and I thought that it was an innocent offer but now......

lol

sorry couldn't resist

covertfunOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2005 - 09:01 PM

I really have to keep my ear to the ground a bit better! I got work Sad and I'd have liked to come, too!

I think I still owe Babs some money, at that Laughing

well... maybe MOAB is for me. If the "fend skill" comes through, i can maybe not be so darn scared of those dwarves.

Good luck all on the weekend - make sure someone mentions how the hexagonal board (!) plays out.

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 24, 2005 - 09:07 AM

Thanks for running a great tourney Emma. I do have one suggestion for future years though - spread the prizes around a bit more. I only actually looked at what was in there when I got home, and while I'm very grateful, I'd have been an extremely happy man with the stein and the team, and 6 other people could have gone home that little bit happier, which I think is better in the end.

frecklesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2005 - 01:36 AM

Australia

Hi everyone,

Thought i'd better put something here about how the tourney panned out. We had 15 BB'ers show their face! Some were the regulars and there was also a lot of new faces, which is great. I was really pleased at the fantastic turnout we had. I was optimistically thinking we might get 10, and instead got over double last year's number of 7 players. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to some, particularly the Hortons who trekked over from Tassie for the event. Smile

A couple of notes...

Thanks to Brian Horton for brining his computer with him, with the program that nicely sorted out the draw for me. I really appreciated it as it made the tourney so much easier to organise.

Thanks also to the support we receive from the NAF and from Shadowforge. The NAF alwasy offers cool new stuff, and Shadowforge always supplies us with a fantastic team or two.

The results were as follows:

1st - Ben Hayes
2nd - Stephen Babbage
Best Painted Team - Andrew Bigwood
Best Sport - Nils Langford

As always there were a few comments about how the tourney was run. I have these on board, and will review how I run the tourney next year (as I do every year). It's a lot harder to run a tourney than it looks, especially when you get double the expected numbers! Anyway, that's neither here nor there, and I just wanted to say that I do listen to everything you all had to say and will consider it again in the future.

Finally, a reply to Ben: I had already spread the prizes! All the big comps (40K, Fantasy etc) got prizes for 3rd and some got more than that. We didn't get that, as the expected entry numbers were much lower than the huge turnout we actually got. (Not that I'm complaining! LOL) So, it's a bit hard to spread the prizes when they were planning for a 1st and 2nd only.

Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone again for a great weekend. I hope that you all enjoyed yourself as much as I did, and made some new BB contacts if nothing else! Happy gaming, and I hope to see such a great turnout again next year. (hint hint)

Cheers!

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2005 - 04:07 PM

Ah OK, the prizes that were there had to go to 1st and 2nd. Is there anyway to convince the Leviathan people to provide the exact same support, but spread it out a bit more?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic