NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 02:19 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Rat knows Borak. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: South Bend Slaughter April 16, 2005 - South Bend, Indiana  PostPosted: Mar 10, 2005 - 09:49 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

A one day 4 game tournament will be held in South Bend organized by me on April 16th as my annual help to the guy who got me started in Blood Bowl (this is his convention).

This is a small tournament and convention. Not a lot of dealers (about 10 to 12 last year if memory serves).

But it was a good tournament last year and I look foward to having it again. 1st, 2nd, 3rd will be awarded. No sportsmanship or painting points. Most TDs and Most CAS awards as well.

Last year everyone received a Jurgen Demonfeeder that finished all 4 games. This year everyone will receive a Garak figure that attends.

Schedule:
Sat April 16th, 2005

Entry fee: $5.00 (in addition to regular Con admission)

Game one: 9:00am - 11:00am
Lunch Break 11:00am - Noon
Game Two Noon - 2:00pm
Break 2:00pm - 2:30pm
Game Three: 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Dinner Break: 4:30pm - 5:30pm
Game Four: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Judge totals final scores: 7:30pm - 8:00pm
Awards Cerimony 8:00pm - 8:15 pm

=======================================

Rules:
South Bend Slaughter rules:
First and for most ??? the Rules will be using the LRB 4.0. These are the LRB 3.0 with the 2004 Rules Review. See http://www.bloodbowl.com to download the Living Rulebook (from the Living Rulebook link) AND the 2004 Rules Review (from the Official New Rules link) if you do not have it.
1) Rule Changes to the above rules:
a) Dirty Player will be +1 to EITHER AV or Inj for fouling
b) Injury Time on the Kickoff table will be a D6 roll. 1-3: Both players move the turn marker forward one square. 4-6: Both players move the turn marker one back if it is turn 2 or higher (otherwise nothing happens).
c) Injury Time will be on a kickoff result of 3. Get the Ref on a 2.

2) The tournament will be 4 rounds of Swiss. Starting team will be 1,000,000. You will allowed your choice of giving 2 players each a normal skill or one player a doubles roll skill or mutation after rounds 1 and 3. After round 2, you will be allowed to give one player a normal skill. A player may not be given more than one new skill/trait during the entire tournament. All casualties that have been inflicted on your team, including death, are wiped away at the end of the game. In other words the team resets after every game. Skills accrued through the tournament will not be lost, even if the player dies. Note: Apothecaries are still useful for bringing back injured players during the game.

3) Dice: Before each game you and your opponent both agree to use ONLY ONE set of dice for the entire game ... the other player puts his dice away where they cannot be used. If you cannot agree on the dice to be used, a referee will decide by rolling for it. If you are superstitious about people touching your lucky dice ... the tournament would like to suggest that you bring a different set of dice to the tournament that you don't care if other people touch as this rule will be enforced.

4) Wizards: 150k for a Wizard or a Dwarven Runesmith. Halflings get the Master Chef for free and can purchase additional Chef rolls for 80k each as a permanent increase to the Chef's abilities. Undead and Necromantic teams get their Necromancer for free, but may not purchase a normal wizard. Khemri and Vampire teams may not have a wizard.

5) Star Player will be allowed for the higher purchase price listed in the 2004 Rules Review as part of teams. If you have questions on price please email the tournament director.

6) Minatures: You will be allowed to use non-GW miniatures. HOWEVER, the figures MUST be READILY identifiable as their positions as determined by the head referee or his assistants. All miniatures must be painted with a minimum of 2 colors and the bases must be decorated or painted or you will not be allowed to play. Also mutations and weapons if you plan on having them on your team ... you MUST have a figure that clearly shows the mutation to take it. You cannot give Claw to a Skaven Storm Blitzer if you don't have a football geared ratman with a Claw for a hand.

7) SCORING:
GAMES:
Win = 55 points
Blow out bonus (won by 2+ points) = +10
Smackdown bonus (won, and caused 2 or more casualties) = +10
Beat 'em up good (won, and caused one additional casualty) = +5

Loss = 10 points
Keeping it close bonus (lost by 1 point) = +10
"You should see the other guy" bonus (lost, but caused 2 or more casualties) = +10
Put up the good fight (lost, but caused one extra casualty) = +5

Tie = 35 points
Yeah, but be hurt 'em bonus (tied, but caused 2 or more casualties) = +10
A tight game start to finish (tied for score and one extra casualty) = +5

Cool Prizes will be awared for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place along with a prize for most Touchdowns and Most Casualties.

======================================

I look foward to as many folks coming as can make it.

Galak

Reply with quote Back to top
XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2005 - 12:59 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
I'll be there this year. Wink
Looking forward to it.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2005 - 02:05 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Xtreme wrote:
I'll be there this year. Wink
Looking forward to it.

Let me know if you and Frank and anyone else wants to head up on Friday night. I think I can get us a free stay 30 minutes from the tournament that night if some of you don't mind couches, reclining chairs or sleeping bags ... Wink

I could even spring for Pizza that night if a late supper was okay. We could then make the trip home Saturday night.

Tom

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2005 - 02:07 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

I forgot the Con website .... you can save $5 bucks if you pre-register.

http://www.gameconsouthbend.com

Galak

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2005 - 02:30 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
Question about the scoring, for the CAS bonus points is it one or two more then your opponets, or just one or two?

As it is written it sounds like as long as both coaches get 2 CAS they will both get the bonus points is that right?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2005 - 07:21 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Xtreme wrote:
Question about the scoring, for the CAS bonus points is it one or two more then your opponets, or just one or two?

As it is written it sounds like as long as both coaches get 2 CAS they will both get the bonus points is that right?

Its one more than your opponent for 5 points
and two or more than your opponent for 10 points.

I'll make that clear at the tournament.

Galak

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2005 - 08:35 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
Thats what I thought it was just wanted to confirm thanks.

OmbiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2005 - 09:42 AM

It looks like there will be at least 3 of us attending from South Bend. I'm trying to convince others though.

Do we need to bring our own boards and such? I would think so, but just wanted to be sure. No need to bring my old beat up board unless I have to. Smile

Jim

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 28, 2005 - 08:05 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Ombi wrote:
It looks like there will be at least 3 of us attending from South Bend. I'm trying to convince others though.

Do we need to bring our own boards and such? I would think so, but just wanted to be sure. No need to bring my old beat up board unless I have to. Smile

Jim

Bring your boards ... Mark should have the rules posted on the site ... I hope.

We need at least one board for every 2 players to have a tournament ... Laughing

Galak

OmbiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 28, 2005 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, Mark has the rules up on the website, but I didn't see anything about the boards.

Thanks,
Jim

SeannewboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 28, 2005 - 06:57 PM

South florida USA
Bout time u got to a tourney Razz

Praise Nuffle!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
OmbiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 28, 2005 - 08:31 PM

Quote:
Bout time u got to a tourney

Hey, I went to Gencon and the Chicago Chaos Cup in 2003. My Chaos Dwarfs did pretty well. I just took a year off in 2004. Smile How about you? Wink You need to come up to Gencon one of these years.

Jim

SeannewboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2005 - 02:52 AM

South florida USA
Im hoping for both TKC and GENCON next year. **crossing fingers**

Praise Nuffle!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
absentOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2005 - 04:58 PM

i want to come to this cause i ain't shelling out for gencon and want to go to another tourney by tom, i'm gonna check if anyone else from WI wants to come, short drive really.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2005 - 06:25 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

absent wrote:
i want to come to this cause i ain't shelling out for gencon.
If I knew a way to make GenCon cheaper I would. The only part of the GenCon fee that is "extra" is the $6 a person I get to pay for the prizes which covers about 1/4th of what I actually spend. All the rest of the fees are GenCon minimums ... sigh.

If you can come down to our little tournament ... I'll look forward to seeing you Jim.

If we actually get a decent handful of folks I may have to expand the prizes on the spot ... Very Happy

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic