NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 03:08 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Turn 8. Remember to score. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DysartesOffline
Post subject: TR100 Dwarf Roster  PostPosted: May 03, 2005 - 05:26 PM

Just wondering what people would think if they faced this list in a TR100 tournament, or the opening stages of a league:

1, Troll Slayer
2, Troll Slayer
3, Blitzer
4, Blitzer
5, Runner
6, Runner
7, Longbeard
8, Longbeard
9, Longbeard
10, Longbeard
11, Longbeard

3 RR
3 FF

Good? Bad? Overly full of facial hair?

Hmm, I'll have to borrow my friends copy of the WFRP character pack to sort outsome names - the only one I've got thus far is the one for my Head Coach - Snorri Stonebreaker.

Reply with quote Back to top
-DM-Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2005 - 07:05 PM

Looks like a pretty standard Dwarf lineup to me for tournament play.

if it was for a league though, I'd dump one reroll for another 4 FF (you can always buy more Rerolls later - it's more important to get the money in the door first)

I would even consider scaling back the 2nd Runner for another longbeard and dump the difference in FF as well if it's for league play - as high as possible I generally go Wink

Looking good otherwise.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2005 - 08:10 PM

I think its pretty good for tournament play. I assume you're playing TR100 resurrection style though.

If its normal league progression, I prefer to start with fewer Runners.

http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 03, 2005 - 09:40 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
Worked well for me. Wink
same roster I have used and did pretty well with.

XeterogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2005 - 11:36 AM

Texas
looks good to me for tourny play. I have recently been droppong 1 FF and 1 RR to get an apothecary for tournaments. It has worked out in that I've had to use it in just about every tournament game I've played, but it hasn't helped my winning percentage any Sad

For league play, I'd go with 2 RR's and 7 FF, but otherwise keep the same roster. 7 FF is plenty, and IMO a dwarf team can't afford to short themselves of agility 3 players..if you drop anything for league play, drop a slayer, not a runner.

DysartesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2005 - 06:04 AM

OK, I'm five games in in the league, with the following results (in order)

Code:
Opponent   - Score - Cas
Human       - 0-1 - 3-1
Wood Elves  - 2-2 - 5-1
Necromantic - 2-0 - 2-0
Human       - 2-2 - 0-2
Necromantic - 1-1 - 1-0

Unfortunately, out of the 4 casualities I've suffered, 3 have been kills, meaning I've lost a Longbeard, a Runner(who'd suffered a serious injury (-1MA)) and a Troll Slayer (who had a TD). I've managed to afford 3 new Longbeards to replace them, leaving me with the following team:

Code:
Position - New Skills -              SPPs
T.Slayer - none -                     4
Blitzer  - Stand Firm (Aged, -1AV) - 10
Blitzer  - none -                     3
Runner - Block -                     12
L.Beard - None -                     5
L.Beard - Guard -                    6
L.Beard - None -                     2
L.Beard - None -                     0
L.Beard - Guard -                    7

My FF has fallen to 2, but I've managed to buy an Apothecary, and have 30k in the Treasury (saving for a new Runner).

I can hold my own in matches, as the 3 draws and a win show. However, I seem to be failing to manage to get the win, and it is starting to frustrate me; the loss of 2 positionals in game #4 has hurt, as they'd've made a big difference in my most recent match.

Any suggestions on using the above team to win with?

Last edited by Dysartes on Jun 07, 2005 - 04:55 AM; edited 1 time in total

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2005 - 05:44 PM

You'll have to play very conservatively - this team is actually not far off what I normally start Dwarfs with in a long term league - just swap the Runner for a Slayer. You simply have to make sure no-one ever gets a crack at the ball carrier.

You guys actually use ageing in your league? Wow, thats the first time I've heard of a league that hasn't ditched it.

Is this league intended to go for multiple seasons? How far off the pace are you in terms of making the finals?

http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/

DysartesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2005 - 05:00 AM

Chunky> Well, unless the guy in charge of the League (store manager) changes his mind, Aging is in - and trust me to roll snake eyes for it with the Blitzer Sad

Aims for my next game are to get a cas on the TS and the guy currently with 5 SPP so they can both advance; possibly get another TD with the un-Stand-Firm Blitzer, to push him up as well.

As the league appears to be being judged on TR, I'm a fair whack of the pace thanks to the dead players; I think the highest is about 140ish.

Skills I want: Mighty Blow on the Slayer, Guard on the guy with 5 SPP and either MB or Strip Ball on the Blitzer with 3 SPP. If I can get my Runner to 16 SPP's, he'll either get Strip Ball, Shadowing or (on a double) Catch or Dodge.

Hopefully I'll get the 50k I need to buy a new Runner after my next game, but I can't count on that.

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2005 - 09:58 AM

Chunky wrote:
You guys actually use ageing in your league? Wow, thats the first time I've heard of a league that hasn't ditched it.

Ours uses aging as well. It is good for a long term league, not so good for a short one.

-Oscar Wilde

DysartesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2005 - 09:14 AM

My plan almost went to plan - i played the NEcromantics again, with 2 Handicaps in my favour - Virus preventing his Werewolf showing up and Extra Training for a fourth reroll. 2-0 win, 2-0 on cas.

Received the ball, and scored in T4 - could have gotten in in T3 (thanks to a touchback), but was trying to damage his team som more so didn;t risk the second GFI. Held his team off to prevent him scoring, thanks to Perfect Defense.

Second half kicked off with me getting Perfect Defense again, so I organised my team to break through and beat up the ball carriers (Ghouls) - who never went near the ball. In the end (about T3, maybe T4), my Troll Slayer scooped up the ball and disappeared into the end zone for a TD.

Got Perfect Defense for the third time when I kicked again, and just stalled his advance, whilstmanaging to kill a Zombie.

The Blitzer on 3 SPP managed to nab the MVP as well, possibly due to going toe-to-toe with one of his Flesh Golems all game.

Advaces: Troll Slayer and Blitzer both get Mighty Blow.

80k winnings meant I could buy my second Runner back, but my FF went down again - now sat on FF1 Sad

-DM-Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2005 - 06:16 PM

That's why I said to go for the higher Fan Factor Wink

FF is not only useful for Cashflow, but also in the Kick Off results as well. Whilst dorfs naturally have hard noggins, they still can and do break and you need the money to replace them. I'd rather have 'too much' than 'too little' any day of the week - and any extra money you can always toss into ReRolls, extra players and the hire of the odd star. A season final with Grim Ironjaw and A Deathroller in your lineup would give you a significant advantage I would think Wink

NAF Member #7014

DysartesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2005 - 01:18 AM

Aye - but 3 FF drops in a row is going to put a crimp in anyones day - what was especially annoying was that I was at +3 to the roll - and the dice still came up a 1 Sad

Still, I'm hoping to sort out a game vs Orcs on Saturday, which should be handicap free (I think). Haven't played 'em yet, so could be entertaining - tbh, I think I'm closer to a running team than he is - he didnae buy any Goblins when he started the team, and may be down to 10 players atm.

Triple PD goes into my book as one of the best set of kick-off rolls I could have got Smile

BanelordOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2005 - 01:56 AM

Germany
      Quote:

what was especially annoying was that I was at +3 to the roll - and the dice still came up a 1

Hmm, according to the LRB 4.0 it is a 4, not a 1. Because the "Natural 1 and 6" was dropped. Question

DysartesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2005 - 05:44 AM

Hmm - if it was, I'm owed 2 pips of FF - as both my last two FF drops have been when I was at a + to the dice roll.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2005 - 05:02 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
FF does not use the "1 & 6" rule from LRB 4.0

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic