NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 05:44 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Ask Lord Borak rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
longfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 10:08 AM

Apparently some guy had a M7 ogre against an inexpeirenced coach. I was shown his name, anyone else aware of cheating like this.

Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 10:18 AM
Da Warboss

England
None that I'd care to elaborate on in a "public" forum Wink
Though not quite the same as you describe I saw some pretty bad attempts to cheat.

NAF #60

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 10:35 AM

United States of America
I'd like know how people tried to cheat, no names required.

hoomin_erraOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 11:07 AM

Scotland
The only one i had, was a coach who constantly rolled his dodge rolls, and bonehead rolls, and THEN declared blitzes and passes..... Shocked

But it was sunday morning, i was hung over, so i just let him carry on.

And then i beat him Laughing

longfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 01:38 PM

Indigo wrote:
None that I'd care to elaborate on in a "public" forum Wink
Though not quite the same as you describe I saw some pretty bad attempts to cheat.

Do not talk about it then. Wink

ChrisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2005 - 04:55 PM

England
      Doubleskulls wrote:
What lineup did you take? I reckon the gobbo SPs are relatively cheap (Nobbla in particular is a bargain for 80k).

Chainsaw
Fungus
Bomber
Pogo stick
8 Goblins
2 Trolls
3 Re-rolls

If I was being a bit more serious I wouldn't have taken fungus. He however in the end only cost me two-three touchdowns. Otherwise he was like a guided missile. Terrifying.

I think results were

1 win 3-2
1 win 2-1
1 draw 1-1
2 draws 2-2
1 loss 2-1

Overall I think an Ork team that wanted to rely on luck could do worse than including a troll, chainsaw, bomber (also an excellent thrower lacking stunty and having accurate) and pogo stick (undervalued but with a penalty roll of 10+ only went off twice in 6 games).

I think the umpiring could have been a bit more consentent. Jervis himself giving two different rulings for catching the bomb if you were holding the ball.

RyanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2005 - 02:04 AM

Canvey Island, Essex

Well lets see

I took Amazons

Line up was

5 Line women
4 Blitzers
2 Catchers
1 Thrower

3 Re-Rolls
1 FF
1 Apothacary

Skills progression was

Game 1 Block on the Thrower
Game 2 Guard on a Blitzer
Game 3 Guard on a Blitzer
Game 4 Guard on a Blitzer
Game 5 Guard on a Blitzer

Result was 0/1/5 with the loss's being Dark Elves, Orc's, Chaos, Undead and another team I can't remember and the draw was against a Skaven team on my last game

LongshotOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2005 - 02:57 AM

Well guys, i dont see the problem in saying who tryed to cheat or who got a bad spirit. This is how we could still have a good environnement in our tournys ! remnber the Dwarf coach in Spiky 1 for example..

There are not a lot but if we can change their ways or kick them out, i ll be fine with that.

By the way i was not clearly but still.. accused from cheating cos i have a lot of dices and cos i was using a shaking cup... so i took only the strict minimum dices to play, and still rolled in the Nuffle shaking cups...3/0 Wink
Face it, some are wrong, and i sadly know we will still see some of them in tourny for crappy games. (at least Nacho , Ancalagon and I gor the same feeling on this guy, want to be the next one ?...)

Djengis_kahnOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2005 - 03:53 AM

Congratz dan !!
Nice 1 !!

Djengis

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2005 - 03:56 AM

England
      Longshot wrote:
Sorry Pippy, have to disagree for some points about the organisation.
Emberbreeze=> as organisators, Trambi and I found that a lot of money for what we got. (specially for foreigners!)
I still cant imagine that they are still no prices for the winners exept a piece of paper ! Come on !
For foreigners, it is a lot of money for seeing less and less friends and a not 'good' (good tourny imho like: Dutch open, Spicky...) tourny organisation... well, i will be less sure to come next year believe me.

Hi Longhsot,

OK the BB was definitely nowhere near Spiky/DO but GW have come a long way with their tournaments. Maybe I've just seen lots and lots of very crappy GW events and this one wasn't actually so bad Very Happy

Agree that the prizes were pretty poor (little photocopied certificate) given the money payed out for the tickets.

Pip

GrotukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2005 - 04:43 AM

United States of America
Im not sure if they were ignorants or just cheaters but i saw 1 necro team with 3 wrights and a orc team with an Ogre (this one playest the last round with Ancalagon who called to the referee...) but he played 5 games with an ilegal roster... That's just unbeliveable in a Major Tourney.

Anyway, im so happy with my game results 3-0, 2-0, 1-1, 2-2, 1-2, 0-2.. so 2/2/2. considering i was playin ogres without stars just plain 5 ogres 6 goblins 2RR and 2FF. The only thing i was a little disapointed is my 0 sportmanship points. I think all the people playing goblins, halflings, ogres and even vampires choose they teams just to have a good time and make have good time to their opponents too. Even this.. i'll go next year, 'cause i really enjoy it

CidervampireOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2005 - 05:05 AM

I had a good time over the weekend. Did better than last year but not as good as the previous 2 years. Maybe next time. Anyway 2 points of contention.

Painting - Yes I'm happy with how this is scored but I noticed some people had 5 points rather than 6. I would assume this is due to some dummy not ticking any boxes for painting and bringing the average down. I would probably be better if GW checked the paint jobs themselves thus ensuring that nobody got a lower mark due to a coach forgetting to tick any boxes.

Sportsmanship - The which the points were given out for this seemed to vary considerably. The points were supposed to be based on the quality of the game rather than how sporting the opponent was. Sure its generally easier to have a good game against a nice oponent but I'm sure everyone here has had quite dull games against the friendliest of people. Sure Ofal is a friendly enthusiastic person but I doubt if all 6 of his or anyone elses games were "Clasics". All my oponents were really nice people and easy to play against but I only gave one classic out. If I had to choose a single most sporting oponent I would have given it to the guy who played dwarfs against me in game 4 who let me take several moves back as I was too brain dead to think straight at one crucial point. Having sportsmanship as a tie breaker was somewhat silly especially in the earlier rounds when it was impossible to have earned any bonus points. Allowing oponents to be in a position to add or remove bonus points is always going to open to misuse or misunderstandings. I've played in tournaments where everyone gave maximum sportsmanship points to each other which is nice but somewhat pointless at the end of the day. I've had people knock sportsmanship points off me for fouling etc. The only workable method I've seen is voting for a most sporting oponent and an award given to the person with the most points. Even then I wouldn't want to see sportsmanship alter the final tournament points. I've heard various horror stories etc but in all the tournaments I've played I've yet to play anyone who I've felt upset by their conduct. Even Dennis at the Dungeon Bowl was nice to me.....Could do with less geese around though!

looking for a real tomato

IthilkirOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2005 - 12:46 PM

Bit of paper for 31 casualties Sad Still, happy to actually win something, but pretty sad when Fanatic can supply fan tournaments with prizes but not there own Sad

Firebreather
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 13, 2005 - 02:06 AM

Undisclosed
      Ithilkir wrote:
Bit of paper for 31 casualties Sad Still, happy to actually win something, but pretty sad when Fanatic can supply fan tournaments with prizes but not there own Sad

And to think my elves gave their lives for that bit of paper Crying or Very sad

musicwithrocksinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 15, 2005 - 10:13 AM

England
Happily I can say I really don't care about the results! I went along and played 6 absolutely storming guys. I'd have happily got an absolute shoeing in all 6 and still been happy. I go for the cameraderie that can exist than to win anything. Cheers to the guys I played & well done to the winners. I'll be going next year anyway.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic