NAF Logo
leftstar May 03, 2024 - 01:55 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Neck! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RawMessiahOffline
Post subject: Raw Messiah (pics of my plastic Human Team).  PostPosted: Jun 06, 2005 - 01:01 AM

Here are some pictures of my newly finished Human Team - Raw Messiah.
I've converted them out of Cadian figures and I hope you like 'em (I hope the pictures are cmear enough).
*I've removed one shoulder pad from the Catchers as you might have seen.

Reply with quote Back to top
RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2005 - 01:02 AM

Btw, the first 4 are Blitzers and the last 4 are Catchers.

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2005 - 03:41 PM

You should paint the base rings to indicate the positions (from 2ed; blitzers-red, throwers-yellow, catchers-white), even if you don't want to paint the whole base ring, maybe think about painting the number on the basering in the specific colour to identify the position. Colour coding is really needed when you do conversions.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2005 - 07:40 PM

Canada
I definitely agree with Torg, I would never be able to remember who is who on the field! But I do like the conversions! Always good to see when people use non BB figs to make them into a team!

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2005 - 08:03 PM

As long as you have numbers clearly visible front and back, and a reasonably common sense numbering system (eg Blitzers 1-4, Catchers 5-8, Throwers 9-10, Linos 11-16, Ogre 16), I don't reckon there is any need to colour code bases - I'd discourage it in fact, as it takes away from the look of the mini.

http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2005 - 02:05 AM

I agree with Chunky, I wpukdn't like it either if there are rings on the figures but that's a good idea though(!). But what I did with these figures..:

First of all my numbers are as:

First 11:

1-4 - BLitzers
5-8 - Linemen
9 - Thrower
10-11 - Catchers

Reserves:

12-13 - Linemen
14 - Thrower
15-16 - Catchers

Then to make it easier for me to know who is who I took the four legs from the Cadian box thath looked as if they were running and put those for the blitzers (you can see they have the same legs). I also made the blitzers look a little more as if they are running.
On the catchers I removed the right-side shoulder pad so they are easy to recognize on the field.
For the linemen, well, they all have kind of the same legs/position so they'll be easy to recognize.
The throwers were converted so that they look as if they are throwing the ball.

I was (first) going to use numbers on my figures but when I realised the Cadian box had WHITE numbers on the transfer sheet I had to make my own numbers - I needed BLACK ones. Smile So I decided to make Roman Numbers (I, II, III, IV, etc.) on their backs so unfortunately you cannot see the numbers on these pictures..

That's it. Smile

bareufOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2005 - 04:57 AM

hi mate
i REALLY like the idea and the conversion, but I can't tell the difference between the two kinds of positional players, but the right shoulderplate

I'm just talking of aesthetic or charm, not that I couldn't tell the difference on the game board, so, as they're nice, I wouldn't go for a different base color, I'd try some improvement:

-big catching gloves
-a running/catching pose

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2005 - 07:39 AM

bareuf wrote:
hi mate
i REALLY like the idea and the conversion, but I can't tell the difference between the two kinds of positional players, but the right shoulderplate

I'm just talking of aesthetic or charm, not that I couldn't tell the difference on the game board, so, as they're nice, I wouldn't go for a different base color, I'd try some improvement:

-big catching gloves
-a running/catching pose
Yes I know that's a little problem but, like I mentioned, I tried to do a few things which would differ some players from the others, and I'm sure after a few gamez I will get used to 'em Smile

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2005 - 07:45 AM

You might, but I believe the problem would be for your opponents. I hate transfers for numbers myself - I much prefer to handpaint em.

A black number on the right shoulderpad and maybe even the left breastplate would work a treat IMO, and not in any way compromise your colour scheme.

http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2005 - 09:50 AM

Canada
      Chunky wrote:
You might, but I believe the problem would be for your opponents.

And therein lies the problem. Your oppponents will curse you if you do not make a more clear system whereby they can clearly tell which player is which.

It really sucks when you think that you are declaring your blitz against a catcher or lineman, only to find out that it is in fact the tooled up blitzer!

If you are so adverse to the idea of the coloured rings on the base, then maybe you should make the positional players more distinct.

Spazz

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 - 01:10 AM

On the other hand if a player asks who is who (let us say, at Kick Off) then they should keep an eye on players. But Im sure my figures arent totally the same though Smile but I will see. I will plqy my first match today so I will see what it turns out like. Smile

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 - 10:43 AM

My brother suggested to paint gloves on my Blitzers which I did qnd I must say, they look better plus they are easier to distinguish. What do you guyz think about them, let me know.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 - 11:52 AM

Canada
      RawMessiah wrote:
On the other hand if a player asks who is who (let us say, at Kick Off) then they should keep an eye on players. But Im sure my figures arent totally the same though Smile but I will see. I will plqy my first match today so I will see what it turns out like. Smile

Be serious! In the heat of the game players have trouble remembering to move the turn counter! There is no way I am going to have enough a photographic memory to remember who is who several turns in!

But the gloves are a step in the right direction! I would still try to make it clearer though.

Spazz

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 - 03:57 PM

Undisclosed
Tbh, if I was to play against this team (which is nice, and "different") I'd insist (if it's enforced in your league) that the 4-min turnlimit was suspened, as I'd probably have to ask each turn who was who.

Seriously, I'd consider base rings, even if just as a "patch" to put the nummber on.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 - 04:14 PM

Yes, I will see what the reactions are (will be), then I¨ll see if anything more drastic has to be done.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic