NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 30, 2024 - 01:33 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Take one for the team rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabid_BogscumOffline
Post subject: White Players  PostPosted: Aug 01, 2005 - 02:43 AM

Australia
Hey Guys,
Im not exactly an expert painter but most mini's that I tend to follow on painting techniques re:colours and highlighting tend to turn out ok. I want to paint an essentially white Kroxigor, but want to know some tips so it doesnt look half painted with just a dodgy undercoat. The team is called Cold Blood and I wanna create a kinda Albino looking Krox but with an Ice Blue tinge on the scales and blue eyes rather than the reds and pinks of a typical albino. Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated. Also are most of you guys opposed to a different colouring to the base on a key mini such as the Krox, and fancier basework when the rest of the team is just the ol standard Goblin Green with Sunburst Yellow highlights?

Cheers

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2005 - 09:17 AM

Canada
What I find to be the best thing is to work from the darker colours on the base of the model first and then work up to the lighter colours, thereby having your shading built right in.

For the krox you decribe I would start with a blue and then work up to white by adding progressive layers of white to each stage of the highlights. Just going for straight white would not be good.

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic