NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 12:01 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Go for it! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2005 - 06:00 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

vt_doogie wrote:
My Thoughts on the numbers:
GenCon is in the SUMMER, when school is out of session.

I actually need to correct this statement. School is in session when GenCon was held in 2004 and 2005.

I'm not necessarily fully arguing that a school not in session date would not work better ... its just ... as I said ... I'm not the one picking the date ... however for my schedule that date works very well for me since I already run a tournament in May and August ... November gives me the 3 month spacing that let's me recover and my wife believe that its okay for me to attend another tournament.

Galak

Reply with quote Back to top
XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2005 - 08:43 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
      Quote:
There's some good things happening with regard to making the 2006 CC into a weekend event running Fri eve through Sunday eve post tourney wind-down as opposed to a two day BB tournament. Get something organised for the Friday evening in terms of maybe an early evening meal, then onto a suitable bar to go onto and where later Fri arrivals could head to to meet up with the crowd. That hopefully will help bring in the outer-towners.

I would really like to see this idea go further. Would defenitly need some help from the local Chicago guys on this one. To add to the full weekend of the tournament I'm sure we could arrange the Pitch (terrain) painting converting workshop type thing for Friday afternoon before the dinner plans.

Really glad to hear youre going to try and make it though it will be good to meet you.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2005 - 11:14 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Xtreme wrote:
Really glad to hear youre going to try and make it though it will be good to meet you.
Heck ... I know several folks that would make it just to meet Woody if you've never been able to go over to Europe.

I think we have our special guest.

Galak

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2005 - 06:49 AM

Love the ideas. Keep it going guys.

Could we add a "pre-registration" feature to the Chaos Cup website? That way, we could see who is planning to attend. I think this would have to be completely unofficial (since last minute events can always change travel plans), but I tend to think that interest generates interest. If you can look and see that a bunch of people are already coming, then maybe you'll think it is worth the trip.

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2005 - 07:39 AM

United States of America
I could clone the registration pages from the Brouhaha (originally the Mannheim Massacre) if you'd like Galak, just let me know Smile

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2005 - 07:47 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Melifaxis wrote:
I could clone the registration pages from the Brouhaha (originally the Mannheim Massacre) if you'd like Galak, just let me know Smile

Zip them up and email them to me. I assume it needs some type of PHP/SQL backend to keep track so I'll probably need the database layouts as well.

Galak

majortuskOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2005 - 07:52 PM

United States of America
I just posted some pix from the Chaos Cup in the BBC Gallery

http://www.bloodbowlcentral.com/gallery/main.php

BBC Lockerroom

ValenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 25, 2005 - 08:22 AM

England
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
      Xtreme wrote:
Heck ... I know several folks that would make it just to meet Woody if you've never been able to go over to Europe.

I think we have our special guest.

Galak

OHHHH!!!!, so I am not a big enough name then, well sod you Laughing Laughing Laughing , only joking mate, I actually agree that Woody may atract a few people, if only to see what color his ahir is this week Razz Very Happy

ValenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 25, 2005 - 08:22 AM

England
And when are the rankings going to be up?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 25, 2005 - 05:58 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Valen-S wrote:
And when are the rankings going to be up?
By end of this weekend.

Galak

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 25, 2005 - 09:52 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Reported results.

Galak

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 25, 2005 - 10:15 PM

Undisclosed
Enough bickering amongst ourselves.... until we make the decision to hold an independent Chaos Cup, the point is moot... and yes, I believe this is possible though not preferable.....

As I said earlier Tom it appears that GW's commitment will remain strong throughout the year and if this is so, we should work to get as many coaches as possible to attend. Since you have chosen to be the TO and spokesperson to the community for this event, I would ask that you (1) stay in contact with GW throughout the year, (2) keep the forum apprised as to adds or deletions, and (3) find out those coaches in the local area willing to beat the bushes to bring out the league players....

I know this did not happen this year because there was no one at GW to coordinate with, but it will be a tough task without someone local to help find hotel, meeting spots, etc. GW should be doing this - the argument that "they've already spent $5,000" means little to me - didn't need it and would rather them spend time in promoting and having things like the prizes done and announced ahead of time.... (another incident of where some conversation with experienced TO's beforehand would have made a difference....)

Agree completely with Woody's clear reading of where we are now.... my only caveat is from the very real disappointment from the first CC to the second and GW's real failings in that regard.... Tom's word is enough now for me to return in '06 and hopefully find someone or some group in the area that will relieve Tom of so much effort (even if he does have a slight agenda... Wink )

OMM

ps having JJ will not be of great impact - having 40 coaches having fun together will....

pps having some kind of registration or tally count through the CC site would certainly help, even if it's just to help the NAF monitor what's going on early in the game....

ValenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 26, 2005 - 08:51 AM

England
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
Reported results.

Galak

I thought everyone was NAF at the torni Tom, yet I only have 4 registered games?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 26, 2005 - 09:40 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Valen-S wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
Reported results.

Galak

I thought everyone was NAF at the torni Tom, yet I only have 4 registered games?

Everyone was ... there was a difficult with 2 of the signups that CyberHare has notified me of the fix for now and I'll get the last 10 games that I was unable to report yesterday in the system this weekend.

Galak

ValenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 26, 2005 - 09:45 AM

England
Cool, cheers mate

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic