NAF Logo
leftstar May 16, 2024 - 03:35 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Toot Toot rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TrentBrooksOffline
Post subject: How Viable are Amazons?  PostPosted: Sep 01, 2005 - 05:07 PM

There's a little side-tournament running in my store right now, a perpetual pyramid tournament thing designed to build up teams so they can enter the league with the TR 300's we have running around in there. On a lark I started Amazons because I figured that every player having Blodge on first skill was alright with me. I'm doing well with them (have them up to TR 180 or so and have +1 ST and +1 AG already) but know that sooner or later the other shoe is gonna fall.

My question is this: Do Amazons hold up as a decent, if not good, team once the other teams around them pick up Tackle? It's a third skill at best (behind Block and Guard, naturally), so we'll all be built up when the time comes. My AV 7 worries me but I'm not sure if that really affects things. I'm not going to toe the line against Orcs or Chaos, letting them Blitz at me each turn.

Any coaches out there playin' Amazons that can give me any insight? Thanks in advance. Smile

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic