NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 08:16 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
My Rat Ogre is not a WIld Animal rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyNidsOffline
Post subject: My Dark Elves need help.  PostPosted: Sep 08, 2005 - 05:05 PM

I was asking on the talkbloodbowl.com forums but the site isn't loading for me. Its my first season as Dark Elves and luckily I have gotten by with only 2 deaths(Blodge Strip Ball Frenzy blitzer, and a blodge mighty blow witch elf). As things stand now the team is as follows

Points - Stats - Skills - Injuries

Blitzers
0 - 7348 - Block
52 - 7358 - Block,Guard,AG+1,Dodge,Leap
37 - 7358 - Block,Dodge,AG+1,Leap<<Coulda made him AG 6 but I thought AG5+Leap was better>>
7 - 7348 - Block,<DOUBLES>

Linemen
23 - 6348 - Block,Kick
21 - 6348 - Block,Dodge - 1xNiggling Injury
39 - 6448 - Guard,ST+1,Block
16 - 6348 - Guard,Block
18 - 6348 - Block,Dodge
19 - 6348 - Block,Dodge
22 - 6448 - ST+1,Block
22 - 6348 - Block,DivingTackle

Witch Elves
6 - 7347 - Dodge,Frenzy,JumpUp,Block
33 - 7447 - Dodge,Frenzy,JumpUp,Block,Tackle,ST+1

I heard a while back that most decent to good or better Dark Elf teams focus on their Defensive game since the AV8 and AG4 help the Offense. As such I tried to get skills that are both offensive and defensive like block, dodge, diving tackle, and guard. Gave a guy kick because every good team needs kick Smile 5 team rerolls 1 assisstant coach but no passers yet. 12 Fan Factor since I lost a lot early on. Got 60k in the treasury and we are using the LRB 4.0 Rules.

I have one game left to play against Undead before I go to play-offs(im guaranteed a seat in them at this point). One of my friends suggested Dauntless for the blitzer with doubles but I don't know if he should get that or something more defensive like Nerves of Steel or Leader for the reroll... or just lose the doubles for strip ball or a second tackler. Theres a lot to consider before this last season game and I'm looking for all the tactical advise I can get on plays and a skill for that guy(like I said I'm new to DE's).

Thanks for any help you post

Reply with quote Back to top
SteelThunderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2005 - 11:37 PM

United States of America
Duantless will let you lay some hits on the mummies that will be on the undead team and also any other big-guys you may face into a playoffs session.

It's going to be a matter of choice, but you have to figure out what you want, Offense (Nerves of Steel is good), or Defense. I like to hit, and I like to take down the big guys, or at least have the ability to do so, so Dauntless could work.

Most teams hitting playoffs will probably have sure hands on ball handlers, so strip ball may be of limited use. Tackle is always good as well, taking out dodgers. Since you have some Guarders on your roster, one of them next to this guy with Dauntless and you can flatten Mummies and other big guys, since most of them do not have the block skill as well.

NAF#2583

LouisXOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2005 - 03:29 AM

Undisclosed

Dauntless... Why not pro ? Laughing

You don't have any thrower, any catcher and most important any dirty player. If you want to take out a big guy, get him down and foul.

Those undeads you're gonna face, they must a couple of DP no ? How are you gonna answer ?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
JimmyNidsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2005 - 09:46 AM

LouisX wrote:
Those undeads you're gonna face, they must a couple of DP no ? How are you gonna answer ?

Dirty Player would be a definate 100% for a linepunk... but this is a blitzer. I want the blitzers to have some kind of utility purpose and not get ejected on a random 6 turn 2 or 3.

LouisXOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2005 - 02:20 PM

Undisclosed

You know if he gets dauntless, he will die fouled by 4 zombies. A good diversion for the others though.
Quick pass is a good option too to make the opponent waste a blitz on someone who doesn't have the ball anymore. Pass, nerves of steel... Take what you prefer after all. If you must only enjoy the team for a few games left.

DP never on a blitzer. I'm still wondering how Lord Borak'skills were chosen...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic