NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 07:27 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Tooter Booter rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WIldManTXOffline
Post subject: Great Interception App for Table Top - Android  PostPosted: Feb 27, 2013 - 12:31 PM

United States of America
Great Interception App for Table Top - Android

I have joked with Dean, one of coaches in the ABBL in Austin, TX, as we debated whether or not there was interception attempt, that is was just a basic geometry problem and that there should be an app for this. A week later I was beta testing his incredible app!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyberedelf.interception&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5jeWJlcmVkZWxmLmludGVyY2VwdGlvbiJd

From the Developer:

A tool to aid in playing Blood Bowl (board game only). The purpose of the program is to show the squares where interception attempts can be made when a pass is thrown. For convenience, it also has a passing chart.

I love Blood Bowl. I love strategy with the chance of random. I do not want a subjective decision that has to be agreed upon between me and my opponent to affect my strategies. In Blood Bowl this problem most arises from the passing ruler. Passing charts easily resolve the range issue, and have been in use for a while, but there was no easy solution for interceptions. So I made one.

My purpose is not to remove a tool Games Workshop has provided, but to remove the frustration that can be caused when using the ruler.

Based on 29 mm squares and 50 mm ruler width.

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Great Interception App for Table Top - Android  PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 - 05:41 AM

installed it on my galaxy, does the job will be handy to have at tournaments instead of hunting around for a range ruler ;]

I see there is an ad free version for 65p as well

Jon

TojurubOffline
Post subject: RE: Great Interception App for Table Top - Android  PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 - 06:35 AM

Germany
any chance to get this for Apple iOS as well?

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

WIldManTXOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Great Interception App for Table Top - Android  PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 - 08:03 AM

United States of America
I'll ask the developer

Tojurub wrote:
any chance to get this for Apple iOS as well?

genghisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Canada
Downloading now.

Thanks.

lunchmoneyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2013 - 02:10 AM

England
Downloaded. Should be handy.

babassOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2013 - 03:37 AM

Undisclosed

I hope this application will have the same results as this Interception table : http://www.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5903

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 03, 2013 - 03:26 AM

Portugal
      babass wrote:
I hope this application will have the same results as this Interception table : http://www.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5903
I believe it does (Just checked out many of those).

Super handy app.

cyberedelfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2013 - 02:13 PM

Greetings

I am the developer. Thank you for the responses.

Currently, I have no plans to develop for iOS. Developing for iOS requires using an Apple or iOS device. I do not own any. If someone gave me a used iPad I would happily create an iOS version. Smile

I assume my app gives the same results as those listed in the other thread. I believe my app is correct and I assume the other poster did due diligence in verifying their own work.

In other news, I am currently working on a probabilities app. I found the current android app, by another developer, limited. I want to be able to calculate events across multiple turns, including opponent events. I wanted multiple paths to success (i. e. a failed Hypnotic gaze does not mean a Failure, but does mean a Dodge attempt). Likewise, I wanted more than two branches from a roll (i. e. Defender Down is Success, Attacker Down is Failure, but Push means a dodge attempt). Also, I wanted to choose actions based on whether the re-roll had been used this turn.

My new app is not complete, but I was hoping I could get some feedback and help. Currently no calculations are shown, but the user interface functionality is almost complete. Multiple branching and 3d8 scatter are not yet implemented. Mostly I am looking for feedback letting me know if I missed any rolls, options or events. The UI formatting is not complete and I am open to suggestions in that regard.

I am not planning on any kick-off events.

The app can be downloaded from:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6fJg8YsVpp0cE1IODJMS1hwd0E/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: added armor value to foul and arm/inj rolls since upload
Edit (5/11/13): significant change to re-roll selection

Last edited by cyberedelf on May 11, 2013 - 08:08 PM; edited 1 time in total

VerrinhoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2013 - 06:52 AM

Italy
wow so useful! thanks!!

cyberedelfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2014 - 02:44 PM

I have just finished a new app. I created a roster application. More info at http://www.cyberedelf.com/p/bb-roster.html. I just need to get translations and possibly some cosmetic changes.

I am looking for translators. I have friends that can translate into some of the languages I want, but they do not play Blood Bowl. Translators that understand the context would be preferred. If anyone would like to volunteer a little time, please PM me.

The probabilities app project is probably defunct. The user interface became to complex when I included all the features I wanted. There is a possibility of revival, but it is small.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic