NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 12:51 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Double skulls.. and no re-roll rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject: The Dutch Open: I'm taking Norse & I have a question...  PostPosted: Dec 26, 2005 - 04:54 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

Well I'm venturing to Holland with Norse in February and I have a question:

What do you think is better, a Thrower and only 1 Fan Factor or just a Lineman but 3 Fan Factor?

I am finally beginning to see the difference in matches when the kick off roll always goes in the favour of one team, I'm just wondering if there is enough of a difference between having 1 FF or 3? As far as I can remember (bit of a dodgy premise to base tactics on I know Razz ) teams I've considered as having a high FF in tourneys I've been to this year had at least 4 or more and so I'm wondering if it's worth bumping the FF to 3 at the expense of a Thrower...?

224th at The World Cup II

Reply with quote Back to top
XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 26, 2005 - 08:32 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
I think the Norse thrower is a waste. Without Surehands he doesn't offer much that a normal lineman would give you. 3 Fan factor is usually enough to get the advantage over most teams in a tournament setting. So I guess I would go for the lineman and the Fans, Smile

TimOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 27, 2005 - 03:38 PM

Germany
I always took the thrower and i still think it's the better choice. The pass reroll is a nice thing if you get under pressure and have to score in 2 or 3 turns. Having the option of a pass play gives your opponent more plays to think about in defence.

stick_with_poo_on_the_endOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 28, 2005 - 03:14 AM

Take The FF!!!!

Playing Norse I presume you will not be playing a passing game, more of a bash bash, bully, bully, foul foul type game. True, you might find yourself in a pressure situation when you need to pass but this wont be very often, where as a dice roll on the kick off table that required FF will happen plenty of times during a 6 game tournie. And if you get the ref then this is the Holy Grail for the Norse. If you insist on a positional, I would prefer a catcher for the same cash and give him dodge as his skill upgrade and use him as an annoying blodge ball carrier.

What roster are you taking?

At 110 I like

3 Blitzers 270
1 Mino 110
10 Linemen 500
3 RR 180
FF4 40

You can always trade a lineman for an apoth if you like.

That???s my two pence worth, but then again I???m not very good.
Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic