NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 08:59 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Off for a bite. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 04:57 PM

Canada
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
Dude...I talked about the AG Increase...I thought that was a gimme with stunties.

Yeah, maybe so, but I had converted my whole team out of plastics, including the secret weapons so I wanted to field them, even if it meant that my team was not as competitive. I mean, c'mon they're gobbos! How competetive can you be? Smile

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 05:28 PM

Canada
      Clan-Skaven wrote:

SKAVEN TEAM

1)Gutter Runner + Block=110,000
2)Gutter Runner + Block=110,000
3)Gutter Runner + Block=110,000
4)Gutter Runner + Block=110,000
5)Rat Ogre + Block=180,000
6)Storm Vermin + Tackle & Mighty Blow=150,000
7)Thrower + AG+1=150,000
8)Line Rat=50,000
9)Line Rat=50,000
10)Line Rat=50,000
11)Line Rat=50,000

2 RR's=120,000
1FF=10,000
------------------------------------------------------------------------
=1,250,000

Paul do you think this might have been better than the roster you took? (Or does anyone else think my roster would have done well?)

Thanks, Rod.

The big difference in our rosters is I had an extra stormvirmine while your Rat Ogre had Block. The MB/Tackle combo led me to 2 Bag of Wheat Bonusus and tied casualties in another game, not to shabby for Skaven. (considering I was playing alot of power teams, I out casualtied Norse and CDs)

The +1 AG on a thrower would have come in handy. The Side Step on my Gutter won me 1 game for sure, and against Talons it would have made his tieing Touchdown alot harder if he didn't screw up the play by blitzing too early.

I found that the Stormvirmin became a target with MB on them, so having a second one to keep hurting guys after they got to the first one came in handy. I say that Block on the Rat Ogre would have been useless. He spent alot of time on the ground because he couldn't stand up without wasting a blitz action. I might have even left him off the team all together to grab a few more skills and a reroll.

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 05:29 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:

Yeah, maybe so, but I had converted my whole team out of plastics, including the secret weapons so I wanted to field them, even if it meant that my team was not as competitive. I mean, c'mon they're gobbos! How competetive can you be? Smile

yea, anyone who seriously thinks their going to win a tournament with gobbos is seriously out to lunch. They were nice minis though Craig, well done.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 05:49 PM

Undisclosed
      Quote:

The big difference in our rosters is I had an extra stormvirmine while your Rat Ogre had Block. The MB/Tackle combo led me to 2 Bag of Wheat Bonusus and tied casualties in another game, not to shabby for Skaven. (considering I was playing alot of power teams, I out casualtied Norse and CDs)

The +1 AG on a thrower would have come in handy. The Side Step on my Gutter won me 1 game for sure, and against Talons it would have made his tieing Touchdown alot harder if he didn't screw up the play by blitzing too early.

I found that the Stormvirmin became a target with MB on them, so having a second one to keep hurting guys after they got to the first one came in handy. I say that Block on the Rat Ogre would have been useless. He spent alot of time on the ground because he couldn't stand up without wasting a blitz action. I might have even left him off the team all together to grab a few more skills and a reroll.

Personally...I don't think that the Rat Ogre needs Block. Sure it's a great skill to give him, but if you wanted to be more economical with the points and still give the Rat Ogre some added value...Guard or Break Tackle is almost as good at half the price. Don't forget that even if you fail the Wild Animal roll, you still have a TZ and Guard would be big....to be honest...I almost rather stack the RO with these two skills than give him Block.

Regarding CAS bonus points...last years Phrakus saw a 4-way tie in casualties going into the final game. That was 3 Skaven teams and an Ogre team. The Ogre team ended up winning by 1. (I drew Orcs in the last games and ended up finishing 3rd in CAS.)

Blodge on all 4 Gutter Runners must have been nice, but I would have split them down the middle at least to open up the possibilities of these magic rats. I never finalized my roster once I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it, but I seriously thought about...and actually ordered the models for...4 gutter runners with very long legs. Sure I probably couldn't afford to give them all block, but imagine what that much speed would have meant. Four MA 10 players would have been alot to handle.

sucks being me missing this one...I have some ideas for other rosters, but I think I'll keep them to myself in case I can make it next year. Wink

-RobO

Although...I will say that a Wolf with MightyBlow could be a Casualty Machine. Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 05:53 PM

Canada
What about tentacle for the rat ogre? I think tentacle on the WA's is a great investment. Never lose their tackle zone and have the high ST.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

garthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 07:03 PM

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
This sounded like a blast...I thought Zombie was planning on playing Ogres. I'm sure Steve did some mathematical algorithm to help in "min/max"-ing the WoodElves.

You say that like it is a bad thing. Very Happy

The whole damn thing is about maximizing chance. NOBODY serious about BB goes to a tournament and just 'plays'.

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
Actually...I'd love to hear what all the attendees did for skills. Smile

Do you really care about my roster? I was playing Humans, and came third last... Sad

BUT, I do know that our 4-person car accounted for 6 of the 10 prizes...! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy We SOOOO rock!

"Ohhhh, what I'm gonna do to you...." Ren Hoek

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 09:17 PM

Canada
      garth wrote:
The whole damn thing is about maximizing chance. NOBODY serious about BB goes to a tournament and just 'plays'.

Maximizing chance, yeah. I am serious about my roster, though it was just a 1,250,00gps conversion of my regular skill choices at a 1 mil tourney.

I hate math, so there isn't any equations in it for me, other than the strategy "do the stuff that doesn't take any dice rolling first!" Laughing

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2006 - 03:40 AM

twist wrote:
I hate math, so there isn't any equations in it for me, other than the strategy "do the stuff that doesn't take any dice rolling first!" Laughing

Hey we played the same strategy. I guess that explains why we tied Very Happy

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2006 - 04:18 AM

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
What about tentacle for the rat ogre? I think tentacle on the WA's is a great investment. Never lose their tackle zone and have the high ST.

That's true...especially coupled with Prehensile Tail. That will make it even tougher to get away, and will help to ensure that you don't have to use the Blitz to get something out of the RatOgre.

NAF Member #5236
---

VBZOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2006 - 04:29 AM

I had some trouble scoring with these buggers but they sure coukld bog down a team something fierce:

Black Orc Block, Guard
Black Orc Block, Guard
Black Orc Block, Guard
Black Orc Block, Guard
Blitzer Block, Tackle
Blitzer Block, Tackle
Thrower Pass, surehands
Lineman
Lineman
2RR
1FF

Next time definately think I'll replace a tackle with a strip ball given the abundance of bashy teams ( though this trend might change due to zombie's win), I liked the guard on the black orcs-- always an easy assist when you needed it --- not to mention a nightmare of a cage. Yet , for some reason despite the great frequency with which I knocked down opposing players I had some trouble breaking armour... perhaps replace one guard with a mighty blow and block with him every turn?

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2006 - 08:33 AM

Undisclosed
      VBZ wrote:
I had some trouble scoring with these buggers but they sure coukld bog down a team something fierce:

Black Orc Block, Guard
Black Orc Block, Guard
Black Orc Block, Guard
Black Orc Block, Guard
Blitzer Block, Tackle
Blitzer Block, Tackle
Thrower Pass, surehands
Lineman
Lineman
2RR
1FF

Next time definately think I'll replace a tackle with a strip ball given the abundance of bashy teams ( though this trend might change due to zombie's win), I liked the guard on the black orcs-- always an easy assist when you needed it --- not to mention a nightmare of a cage. Yet , for some reason despite the great frequency with which I knocked down opposing players I had some trouble breaking armour... perhaps replace one guard with a mighty blow and block with him every turn?

Hey Billy...looking at that roster, I think I can see why you had trouble scoring...you only had 9 players.

Better luck next time. Rolling Eyes:

NAF Member #5236
---

VBZOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2006 - 09:30 AM

Oooops! Embarassed Forgot the other two blizters that I gave no skills to.....
Smarta$$! Wink

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2006 - 02:47 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Even when I'm not in a tourney, I'm ancy!!!!

Any idea when the NAF rankings will be updated?

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2006 - 04:39 PM

Canada
I was gonna say that... I have no idea what I am at anymore!

Great tourney Ben! Its good to know that Canada's longest running tournament will continue its legacy... Its in fine hands!

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 15, 2006 - 08:14 AM

Canada
      twist wrote:
I was gonna say that... I have no idea what I am at anymore!

Great tourney Ben! Its good to know that Canada's longest running tournament will continue its legacy... Its in fine hands!

Thanks Twist!

I will try and get the results entered in this weekend.

Ben

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic