NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 05:55 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dementor was the best Tomb Kings player of 2023 rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 06:09 AM

Being back from the BB, I can tell you that after clarification with GW, the date will be in Nottingham end of October. The specific weekend (we are down to two) will be announced later. However, it will be end of October.

Sputnik

Reply with quote Back to top
DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 09:10 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
now that's good news

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 01:48 PM

I'd hope that would be October next year. If its October 2006 it would drastically affect Australias ability to participate.

http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 04:40 PM
Former President

England
To confirm, October 2007.

GrotukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 20, 2006 - 06:15 AM

United States of America
Crap...thats not so good date for me :S

I would need to study one year more to get easy holidays :p

TuernRedvenomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 04:26 AM

Deathwing wrote:
To confirm, October 2007.

great news! Exclamation

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2006 - 09:12 AM

United States of America
Can we keep the first post updated with the latest info please?

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2006 - 02:38 AM

Whats going on with this tournament?

There has been no news since the announcement of the move to October.

For the those of us who will be fronting up the time and expense to come halfway around the world to play (and are trying to organise 7 other people to do so), this dilly-dallying is proving to be a hindrance, and if it continues for much longer will in all likelihood mean no antipodean prescence at the event.

Hoping to hear some solid news in the near future.

Edit: Changing the references from MArch to October on the front page of the thread would likely be helpful also.

http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
BevanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2006 - 04:21 AM

Chunky wrote:
Whats going on with this tournament?

There has been no news since the announcement of the move to October.

Changing the references from March to October on the front page of the thread would likely be helpful also.

The NAFWorldCup.com official web site shows 225 days to go. Can we have that corrected too, assuming it is not currently correct. Rolling Eyes

Some time back it was announced that the World Cup would use team rules to be tested in the North American Cup. That event seems to be long over, so can we have another update on how it will be organised.

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2006 - 11:35 AM

Undisclosed
I edited El Presidente's original announcement and Cyberhare's followup from the 1st page to relfect the newer October date....

Still not determined whether it's the 2nd or 3rd week of October but should hear something soon....

I don't know who's updating the NAFWC site but will find out and offer some help... hey, Bevan, are you willing to help out as well?

BevanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2006 - 09:49 PM

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
I don't know who's updating the NAFWC site but will find out and offer some help... hey, Bevan, are you willing to help out as well?

I'm a programmer (more or less Embarassed ), or at least I've written a program for organising tournaments, but I don't know anyting about web sites. I leave that to experts.

I just hope it's not really starting at 5am, whatever date it is. Rolling Eyes

LongshotOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2006 - 10:46 AM

Rules: LRB5 now i suppose ? Wink

TuernRedvenomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 03, 2006 - 06:44 AM

Longshot wrote:

Let's hope so! Smile

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 03, 2006 - 09:29 AM

TuernRedvenom wrote:
      Longshot wrote:

Let's hope so! Smile

How about not and pretend you did Wink

I don't know what's going on with this event. Last I heard from Woody he was taking over and then he moved into the stone age Laughing

BevanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 03, 2006 - 05:11 PM

CyberHare wrote:
I don't know what's going on with this event. Last I heard from Woody he was taking over and then he moved into the stone age Laughing

That might be why the official web site says, with regard to the North American team event "Look here soon to see the teams and rosters from the event". It is now about 3 months since this team event was held. Embarassed Maybe the World Cup has fallen through and I've been practicing hard all this time for nothing. Rolling Eyes

I am concerned that only 24 coaches attended that team event and the 4 member team from Canada was too small and had to be dispersed into 4 other teams. Rolling Eyes

There have been indications that several countries will have trouble meeting the minimum of 8 per team, where the travel sosts will be much higher than the American event.

Would it be better to make it a standard Swiss style event, with the provision that no-one would play a member of their own country. Countries could have teams of up to 10 members, with the best 6 coaches from each country counting for their team score. This is a common system for many international events and would avoid the requirement of needing an exact match of team numbers, so everyone who wanted to could play in each round.

We would still need the restriction that each country could have only one of each race. Or was it that each coach has a different race in every round. Twisted Evil

Although it seems a long time to October 2007, some of us may have only 1 or 2 opportunities to play a series of matches against top coaches under rules likely to be used in the World Cup. Given the requirement to avoid duplication of races, this makes it critical to lock in the rules as soon as poosible so we can jostle for the right to play our preferred race or switch to an alternate race if necessary.

The following comments are based on an almost total lack of experience with these events. Embarassed

LRB4 or LRB5.
Either way we will have coaches who lack experience with the new (or old) skill definitions. However, it seems unreasonable to have a world standard event and not use rules introduced more than 12 months previously. We can easily ban all inducements, cards, weapons, stars or whatever else upsets people.

100k or 110k teams.
I really don't want to play 8 or 9 games with a 100k team, whereas 110k appears to allow a reasonably balanced team for all races.

Skill progression.
I prefer all my skills up front so the team stays the same in all games. However, I would be happy with 3 skills before the first day, 6 before the 2nd and 9 before the third.
I suggest each block of 3 skills allows one to be a double, since normally 1/6 of upgrades are stat changes and 1/6 doubles, but stat upgrades should be definitely disallowed. No player should gain more than 1 skill.
Discussion after Eucalyptus Bowl suggested Big Guys should not get any skills and obviously Stars (if allowed) should not get them.

Can we have some of these issues discussed and finalised in the near future?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic