NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 11:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Orc team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: New Q'ermitt Pitch -- Skaven  PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 10:56 AM

Canada
For those who don't know, "The Challenge of Q'ermitt" is a tourney which features custom built boards that represent different races and geographical regions from around the world.

After last year's tourney, I made a poll on the Q'ermitt website that asked people what race they would like to see represented at this year's event. Skaven won.

I have ben toying with ideas for this pitch, and will jot down some quick ideas that I have so far.

For the basic pitch I am thinking of basing it in a sewer. The board will be two parts, the sidelines being stone ledges, and the centre of the board being flowing sewer water. Although this will not affect regular game play, there will be events (kick off and weather) that may make these areas very different in the way they play.

A basic rule though will be that the water does flow in one direction (obviously), but what this will mean, that if the ball is not picked up by a player it will move with the flow, probably only one square, but maybe even d3.

The ball will not be affected by the water (i.e. it will not get slippery and difficult to pick up as it is with pouring rain as it is some special material - but if the pouring rain result is rolled on the weather table, then there has been a switcheroo on the ball by a particularly crafty skaven.

That is all I have time to put up right now, will put down the weather and kickoff tables later as well as special warpstone rules.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Last edited by Spazzfist on May 13, 2006 - 05:28 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 12:49 PM

Canada
you should put a kick off result where each team gets a player who is suddenly mutated by the proximity to some warpstone. 1 Random Player on each team gets a randomly rolled mutation for the remander of the game. Since the player hasn't been exposed to the warpstone long enough, he reverts back to his normal form at the end of the game.

Maybe use a d8 to choose the skill:

1 - Claw
2 - Big Hand
3 - Extra Arm
4 - Two Heads
5 - Very Long Legs
6 - Spikes
7 - Horns
8 - Razor Sharp Fangs/Claws

he, you can even bring a d12 and throw in Foul Appearance, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull and Tentacles.

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 02:29 PM

You left out: Spontaneous Combustion!

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 02:39 PM

Canada
      Paul wrote:
you should put a kick off result where each team gets a player who is suddenly mutated by the proximity to some warpstone. 1 Random Player on each team gets a randomly rolled mutation for the remander of the game. Since the player hasn't been exposed to the warpstone long enough, he reverts back to his normal form at the end of the game.

Do you think that it is better to have this given to both teams at the same time in interest of fairness, or should it be a more random chance for individual teams? E.g. I was planning on using the warpstone rules from the Mordheim pitch where coaches can use the warpstone snuff to revive their players. On a 2-6 they can bring them out of the KO box, but on a 1 the snuff kills them.

What I can do, to add on to what you are suggesting, is to have the snuff killing the player on a 1, reviving them on a 2-5 and reviving and mutating them on a 6.

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 05:32 PM

Canada
the mutating on a 6 idea might work. I only suggested to give it to both teams mostly because it'd be pretty hard to justify how a Fan Factor or Coaching roll would let one team win this over another.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 05:42 PM

Canada
      Paul wrote:

Actually I have been giving this some thought and think that while i like the rules, I think that I do not want to go too crazy with mutations on a skaven pitch. Save these rules for when I build a pitch that is in the Chaos Wastes!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 05:46 PM

Canada
Okay here is what I have so far for the Weather table:

Weather:
2-3: Manthing stink stink! The sewers are smelling paricularly foul and all players must roll a d6 after every drive and half. On the roll of a 1 they are too busy retching and vomiting to take part in the next drive.

4-10: smelly, but okay

11 - Switched ball - someone has stolen the special sewer ball and replaced it with a normal one. This ball will be difficult to handle once it is wet. Once the ball lands in a water section it will be at -1 to pick up and catch.

12 - Flickering lights - the normally eerie electric glow of the skaven pitch is flickering on and off at such an erratic pace that players are finding it hard to see. Only quick and short passes may be allowed, and any attempts to "go for it" will fall on a 1 or 2.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2006 - 07:40 PM

Canada
Here is what I have for the kick-off table so far:

Kick off table:

2 ??? Flush! The water levels in the sewer start to rise and the players notice that the flow is making some of the movement more difficult. All players moving in the direction of the flow now add +1 to their MA. Those moving against the flow subtract 1 from their MA. The ball will travel d6 squares now instead of 1 if left unattended in the water. Players and balls on the ledges will be unaffected.

3- Poison Wind Globe ??? An agent of Clan Skyre has lobbed a poison wind globe onto the pitch. Each coach roll a d6, the coach scoring lowest being the victim. The coach should then randomly determine one of the players on the pitch to be the recipient of the deadly orb. From that player???s square, scatter the orb three times ??? it will not bounce, and may not be intercepted. Anyone under the orb where it lands will suffer an automatic injury roll. Roll a d6 for any players in the adjacent eight squares ??? on a 1-3 they are placed faced down, stunned; on a 4-6 they are placed face up.

4- Spy ??? The defensive coach has been informed of the opponent???s next plan and may reset his players as per the regular Perfect Defense. However, once the players are in their new position the offensive coach should roll a d6. On a 6, the defensive coach will find that he was double-crossed as the offensive coach may now reset his players.

5 ??? Bog Beast - tentacle tries to drag player into the depths.....

6 ??? Get the Ref ??? regular rules

7 ??? Weather change

8 ??? Quick Snap ??? regular rules

9 ??? Kidnap the coach

10 ??? Giant rat!

11 ??? Throwing Star (like a thrown rock ??? but with a chance of poison)

12 ??? swarm ??? (same rules as pitch invasion, but more chittering is involved)

I will touch it up and fill it in when I have time, but just wanted to get the basic ideas out there.

nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 15, 2006 - 06:47 AM
Mekboy

Are you going to have the flow of the water reverse at the half? I can see a definite advantage to one side if the sides don't switch.

Plus, what will you do if the ball floats off the field?

My Tournament Record

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 15, 2006 - 07:13 AM

Canada
I would not reverse the flow. While there are advantages for the water going in your direction, it can also meant hat the ball is moveing further away from where you want it to go. What would you see as the biggest advantage to the flow team?

As for the ball floating off field, that will nto happen. If it flows into the end zone, it will be stuck there. There will be a grate or some other mans to prevent the ball from floating off the pitch.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2006 - 07:17 PM

Canada
Here are the new rules as they stand:

Like their less evolved brethren, the common rat, with whom they share a more than passing resemblance, the skaven are fond of dwelling underground and can often be found lurking in the tunnels created by other races. In many cases this means that they will be found inhabiting the sewers of the cities of men. In some cases, they may have even adapted these environments to suit their needs???. And sometimes their needs include Blood Bowl!

Flowing water:

The center of this pitch is a shallow stream of effluence. While this will not normally affect the movement of the players (see the Flush! result below) it can move small objects ??? say about the size of a Blood Bowl ball.

Before the game each coach should roll a d6. The higher score has the water flowing in their direction. At any time that the ball is on the pitch at the end of the receiving team???s turn, it will move 1 square in the direction of the flow. Note- Skaven teams playing on this pitch know their turf, and will always play in the direction of the flow (obviously if there are two skaven teams, then a randomization will be necessary).

If, when moving, the ball should move into a square with a standing player then they may have a free attempt to pick it up with a base +0 modifier (applying tackle zones as normal). If it moves onto a prone player then roll a d6 to randomize whether it goes to that person???s left or right square.

As the side lines are above the water, any water effects will not apply on these areas.

Weather:
2-3: Manthing stink stink! The sewers are smelling paricularly foul and all players must roll a d6 after every drive and half. On the roll of a 1 they are too busy retching and vomiting to take part in the next drive.

4-10: smelly, but okay

11 - Switched ball - someone has stolen the special sewer ball and replaced it with a normal one. This ball will be difficult to handle once it is wet. Once the ball lands in a water section it will be at -1 to pick up and catch.

12 - Flickering lights - the normally eerie electric glow of the skaven pitch is flickering on and off at such an erratic pace that players are finding it hard to see. Only quick and short passes may be allowed, and any attempts to "go for it" will fall on a 1 or 2.

Kick Off:
2 ??? Flush! The water rushes towards the central drain in the pitch and the players notice that the flow is affecting their movement. All players moving in the direction of the flow now add +1 to their MA. Those moving against the flow subtract 1 from their MA. The ball will travel d6 squares now instead of 1 if left unattended in the water. Players and balls on the ledges will be unaffected. Note ??? the flow is now going from each end zone to the centre

3- Poison Wind Globe ??? An agent of Clan Skyre has lobbed a poison wind globe onto the pitch. Each coach roll a d6, the coach scoring lowest being the victim. The coach should then randomly determine one of the players on the pitch to be the recipient of the deadly orb. From that player???s square, scatter the orb three times ??? it will not bounce, and may not be intercepted. Anyone under the orb where it lands will suffer an automatic injury roll. Roll a d6 for any players in the adjacent eight squares ??? on a 1-3 they are placed faced down, stunned; on a 4-6 they are placed face up.

4- Spy ??? The defensive coach has been informed of the opponent???s next plan and may reset his players as per the regular Perfect Defense. However, once the players are in their new position the offensive coach should roll a d6. On a 6, the defensive coach will find that he was double-crossed as the offensive coach may now reset his players.

5 ??? Chittering fans ??? as the skaven fans get more and more excited, their chittering squeaks get harder for the players to bear! Each coach rolls a d6 and adds their number of cheerleaders (in their attempt to drown out the sound). The coach who scores lower must deduct one reroll from their total for this half.

6 ??? Get the Ref ??? regular rules

7 ??? Weather change

8 ??? Quick Snap ??? regular rules

9 ??? Kidnap the coach ??? Each coach rolls a d6. The lower score has their coach kidnapped and may not make any arguments with the ref for the remainder of the drive, at which point they are able to free themselves and return to their team. At the start of the next drive the other team (who did not have their coach kidnapped) rolls a d6, on a 6 they will have their normal kick off roll, but must also apply the Spy! result #4 on the kick off table)

10 ??? Bog Beast! A long sinewy tentacle has slipped out of the depths and wrapped itself around the leg of one of the players. The victim will be the player who is closest to the side lines (randomize if there is more than one that are equally close to the sides). That player will be dragged d6 squares towards the sidelines, and even off if the dice allows for that many squares. If pulled off then, roll for an injury as normal. Otherwise it is assumed that they have managed to free themselves but must be placed face up on the pitch.

11 ??? Throwing Star ??? an agent of Clan Eshin hurls a deadly throwing star at one of the players. Each coach rolls 2d6 and adds their fan factor, the coach who scores lower must randomly determine one of their players on the pitch. That player must make an immediate injury roll. If stunned, roll another d6. On a 4+ the star was poisoned and the player is KO???d with no use of thick skull possible.

12 ??? Swarm ??? (same rules as pitch invasion, but more chittering is involved)

Thoughts and comments are welcome.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2006 - 02:58 PM

Canada
Just finished the new sewer board and thought I would post a pic here. There are more pics in the Q'ermitt posting in the North America Tournaments section.

Long view of the pitch showing the sewage and dryer side zones.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic