NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 02:11 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Lucien Swift traded to the Low Down Rats. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 20, 2006 - 09:42 PM

Undisclosed
Current Standings

Round 3 Results

Skummy posts another blow-out victory with a 3-0 win over jad's Grave Intentions. The defending champs continue to climb up the standings after the Game 1 stinker and may be looking to set-up a rematch of last year's championship game.

gken1 managed another victory in a game that looked closer on the scoreboard than on the pitch. vt_dougie never threw in the towl, but Ken managed another 5 casualties (Against Orcs this time. Shocked ) and is poised for another visit to the Phrakus Final.

ranthorn can slither his way into the finals if he beats Ken in Round #4 and Skummy will battle FNBBL League-Mate vt_doogie to see how the top three spots round out.

Round 4 Match-ups:

Table 1: gken1 vs ranthorn
Table 2: vt_doogie vs. skummy
Table 3: MightyQ vs. jkarr
Table 4: bampf vs. Jaylazer
Table 5: jad vs. Rune_Master

NAF Member #5236
---

Reply with quote Back to top
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 12:14 PM

Undisclosed
Current Standings

Round 4 Results:

Josh of Scaley Buggers' Fame pulled off an upset in Round 4 with a 1-0 victory vs. gken1. Death Machine still lives up to its name with another 4 CAS and has nearly double the casualties of the 2nd place CAS team.

vt_dougie plays for the win with a ballsy 2nd half gambit and beats the Golden Rockets 2-1. His ork thrower with the ball goes for a 1D Block deep in his own end to set-up the crowd surf blitz on the same target. The target? Skummy's HighElf catcher...Netig blows that roll and thats the game...he makes the rolls and the High Elf catcher is playing "Meet and Greet" on the Orc side of the stands. Ballsy manuever #2 was scoring quick for 1-1 with Sweltering Heat and half of the High Elf squad in the KO Bin. Sweltering Heat rolls going poorly for the Orcs and KO rolls going well for the Elfs could easily have ended the game for Mr Dougie. This was not to be...a good number of Elfs are nodding off on the sideline and the orcs enjoy the balmy weather. This all results in a defensive TD for the orcs and a huge 3-2 win.

Game 5 Match-Ups:

Table 1: gken1 vs. jkarr
Table 2: vt_dougie vs. ranthorn
Table 3: Skummy vs. MightyQ
Table 4: Jaylazer vs. bampf
Table 5: Rune_Master vs. jad

NAF Member #5236
---

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 02:13 PM

Canada
Sounds like you guys are having alot of fun. I'm going to try to make it down to this next year. After my performance at the NA Cup, I gotta show the Philly locals that I actually can play this game and I'm not the Canadian KarlLagerbottom Smile

GL in the last rounds folks.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 05:01 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Paul wrote:
Sounds like you guys are having alot of fun. I'm going to try to make it down to this next year. After my performance at the NA Cup, I gotta show the Philly locals that I actually can play this game and I'm not the Canadian KarlLagerbottom Smile

GL in the last rounds folks.

If you were the CDN Lagerbottom you'd have a colection of Wooden Sspoons!

(or at least a missplaced passport)

Rod Laughing

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

bampfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 06:01 PM

Ah, the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

I started off the tourney matched up against gken... Chaos v CD. I was looking forward to this. Despite us being at maybe a dozen tournies together we ve only played once (at the inaugural Phrakus) and that ended in an unsatisfying tie.

It was a hard fought match. I received in the first half and after a botched first turn really had to fight to push downfield. Ended up forcing Ken to make a Centaur dodge (no BT) without a reroll to make a block (without block) on my beast rumbling for a score.

Well, he did that and more. The centaur made the dodge, got the pow, and on the next turn picked up the ball and handed off to another centaur who made the catch and all 3 GFIs for the score! Arg!

Second half was another slugfest. I exploited a small whole to pop the ball but could not convert to get the tie. Most of the game was a giant undulating scrum of Chaos. Beauty. A hard fought loss against a great opponent.

Game 2 was an abject disaster. Against Skummy I was never able to handle or secure the ball and could only watch as his elves blew by. I couldn t knock down elves or break AV 7 and skummy couldn t fail a dodge. It was ugly. Before I realized it I was down 5-nil and fighting to prevent the sixth.

Game 3 I rebounded against Rune_Master s Zons. A couple early KOs and Cas and Joe was reeling the whole game. Down players, he was forced into a lot of 1D blocks and risky plays and his dice defied him at every turn. Smashing and clawing thru Zons I was able to breeze to the W.

Round 4 was a bloody battle against jad s Undead. We exchanged scores in the first half amid a flurry of bad blocking by both of us (I think there were at least 6 turns ending with RRed Both Downs). In the second half I tried to force my way downfield amidst the carnage. By Turn 6 it was 8 on 6 but jad put up a great defense. I was forced to make a crazy play on Turn 8 and failed the GFI for the score after a 4+ pickup and 4+ 3+ dodge. Ironically my Orcs tripped on the end line against this same team for the win just a few weeks earlier in a hard fought NA Cup matchup.

Game 5 was against JayLazer s Woodies, and it was all Chaos from the get go. Early Casualies and KOs helped and the annoying WDs were able to pop the ball a couple of times, but each time a Big Hand was there to scoop it up and the caged elf was forced to pay for his insolance. Jay couldn t get a break the whole game and showers at half time caused more elf ball mishandles. The insult to injury occurred when a desperation pass was intercepted by a CW. Soon it was 3-0 with only a handful of elves left on the field.

2-2-1 finish. I think I may be done trying to force Chaos to work in the tourney format! I was able to nab Best Painted (again) and Ranthorn represented for the Mafia.

In other news we instituted an official Mafia gang sign (pictures to follow).

Thanks to Jay and Rob for a great tourney with great prizes! As gken said, it was a Usual Suspects tourney which made for a fun and relaxed atmosphere! Great weekend!

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 06:39 PM

Undisclosed
Final Standings

Well gken1 got the job done with a convincing 4-0 victory over The Redwood Warriors in Round 5. Ken had an amazing 22 casualties over 5 games and was named The Philly Phrakus 2006 Champion.

vt_doogie ended the Phrakus in second place with his typical solid performance with Orcs. He surrended a mere 5 TDs in as many games and his only loss came to the eventual champion Death Machine.

Ranthorn rounded out the top three and was awarded the Benjamin Franklin Award.

MightyQ was the highest finisher amongst the local contingency, as The Philly folks rounded out the bottom half of the standings. We planned it this way...playing the role of proper host and represented the "City or Brotherly Love" Wink

Anyway...thanks goes out to all of you who were able to make it. You made for a fun weekend of Blood Bowl. I also want to send a special note of thanks to Torpor for his continued support of our tournament...I hope that we can build this to the point where you might be able to join us from the UK...you'll be certain to get the VIP Treatment!.

Thanks goes out to the team at Impact Miniatures for stepping-up with support in the shape of some of your line of cool new Fantasy Football models. The SnowTrolls made a hit and were amongst the first things taken from the Prize table.

Thanks also to Jaylazer...my Co-TO is anxious to get started on getting ready for next year. We're going to meet this week to discuss how a bigger and better Phrakus will be possible in 2007. (Any input/feedback on this would be appreciated.)

Thanks to Rune_Master for creating cool trophies for this year's event. (Pictures of these and the prizes will be posted in the next few days.)

Thanks again to everyone...I hope you had a great time.

NAF Member #5236
---

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 07:03 PM

United States of America
Nice tourney Rob and Jay! you guys put together another A+ effort.

Here's my tourney recap:

Game 1: vs Chaos. I get to play the top dog of the Harrisburg Mafia--Jeremy (bampf). First half he drives on me and I'm somehow able to pop the ball free. I get the ball to a bull centaur 9 squares from the endzone. Jeremy puts a beastman on him trying to pin me on the sidelines. I blitz out but fail to get the knockdown and I decided to keep the rr for the dodge. I dodge fail and use my RR with success! then fail my first GFI, use sure feet and make the 3 GFI's with no rr's. 2nd half I got cocky and played a little loose on offense which allowed the chaos horde to crack my shaky cage ending the game 1-0.

Game 2: vs Norse My first game against Bill (MightyQ). We have a nice scrum blocking each other with my defense falling apart on a double, double skull with a casualty and the apoth failling. Norse scream downfield for a TD. CD's pound on the Norse and score in the 2nd half. By this time the norse have 4 players left on the pitch with 2 turns left. Injury time gives me an extra turn but my hobgob fails ball pick up. after numerous blocks and my last hob getting surfed, it comes down to a CD to handle the ball. He runs over picks up the ball, gfi and hands off to a bull who then GFI into the endzone for the winning turn 8 TD. The norse took 9 casualties in all this game with 7 coming from blocks...they put up a valiant fight.

Game 3: vs Orcs, Playing my league buddy VTdoogie, Steve. Orcs grind us out for a turn 7 score with us slowly getting orcs off the pitch in the rain. We then double 1 on a gfi with a bull with the ball to get into scoring position. 2nd half we continue to beat on the orcs with a weather change to a blizzard. after a bull failing a GFI into the endzone for a 2 turn TD, we manage to score a couple turns later with the other bull. After a failed orc pass, we manage to pick up the ball with a bull to scream downfield for the winning TD. Orcs get pounded up with the mino doing 4 cas alone to them with a total of 5 and numerous KO's. Orcs end the game with 5 players on the pitch.

Game 4: vs Lizardmen. Playing Josh, Ranthorn of the Harrisburg crew. His lizards manage a quick score by dodging through the lines and using stunty to it's fullest advatage and abusing the dwarves lack of speed. We try to pound skinks into the ground but the KO's all come back and we did 0 cas in first half. 2nd half the story continues with a Bull attempting to break away on turn 7 but 3 skinks hunt him down and one die him into the ground. We get some late cas but not soon enough to help the cause. Josh pulls a good win against us 0-1. Hobs fail every attempt to pick up the ball this game....they are worthless.

Game 5: vs Wood Elves. Playing Jay, the las member of the Harrisburg crew. We FINALLY win a coin toss to receive the kick. We quickly get the woodies down to 6 players on the pitch and score on turn 8. 2nd half we get a blitz and score on turn 2. then we get an INT with a bull and score on turn 6. and on the last turn we surf a catcher and then throw a short pass to a bull centaur for another score. 4TD's!! to go along with 4 cas. Nothing went wrong for us this game.

What a finish. Smile

it was fun Smile Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects at Boston!

SuMOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2006 - 05:58 AM

WORMLEYSBURG, PA
Grrrrrrrrrrr!!
Sumday, I will make a 2 day-er!!

Maybe, I will tell the wife and promise her, that I will wash the dishes for a year... LOL!!!

It kills me that my crew, "The Harrisburg Boyz" are there and I should be with them!!!

Rune_MasterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2006 - 08:37 AM

I'm not getting into an extended game by game recap as their similarity is too disturbing for me....

DAY 1

Game 1 Zons vs. JKarr's Woodies
- I suck, my butt got kicked, and my dice hate me; 3-0 L

Game 2 Zons vs. Jon's Undead
- I suck, my butt got kicked, and my dice hate me; 1-0 L

Game 3 Zons vs. Jeremy's Chaos
- I suck, my butt got kicked, and my dice hate me; 2-0 L

DAY 2
In a desperate attempt at karmic redemption, I replaced ALL my dice, why not!

Ahem...

Game 4 Zons vs. Jay's Woodies
- I STILL suck, my butt got kicked, and my dice STILL hate me; 2-1 L

Game 5 Zons vs. Jon's Undead (again)
- I STILL suck, my butt got kicked, and my dice STILL hate me; 3-0 L

final tally --- -10 TD ratio, -6 CAS ratio (where's the emoticon for humiliation?!)

And to top it all off, yes, this was a microcosm of my weekend...I win the "Triple-Skull Challenge"! At least I got the cool little frog model.

OK, enough self-loathing. First off, I want to apologize if my sportsmanship was lacking. I was more annoyed at myself and my pathetic dice rolls than I was at any of you (though woodie catchers with 9mv AND SideStep are a close 2nd!) Actually, partway through my game with Jay on day 2, the continuity of it all just became so comical, I couldn't help but laugh (in between moans and choice explicatives, of course)!

Well, I hope everybody had a good time. I'm not the greatest painter or terrain maker, but I hope everyone who won a trophy enjoys there prize and displays it proudly, it was well-earned by all. Maybe that's it, if I hadn't used all my BB "energy" making trophies, I might have had something left for this tourney! Very Happy

In closing, I think the Valhalla Express will be taking some EXTENDED time off for recuperative purposes. As for their "coach", he has been given a "leave of absence" to rethink his "strategy" and whether he feels coaching a bunch of angry women is his best route to take on this crazy journey...

To be continued....

"Ho! stand to your flagons steady!
'Tis all we have left to prize.
A drink to the dead already,--
Hurrah for the next that dies."
- ancient Dwarf toast

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
bampfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2006 - 10:36 AM

Sum... BEANTOWN!!! Join us!!

I ll help you with the dishes and lawn work! Join US!!

Oh, and one other thing... I may have made the NAF history books at the Phrakus by winning Best Painted and Best Painted Runner-up! How s that for a clean sweep?

jaylazerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2006 - 12:29 PM

First, I'd like to thank everyone for coming to our tourny.

I had a great time and I think everyone else did too.

Second, I have just put up the results. Take a look and let me know if you see any glaring problems.

I'll be putting the images up soon. (Today or tomorrow).

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic