NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 02:04 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Count Luthor likes your blood type. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MiloOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2006 - 08:37 AM

Switzerland
I think I'll be coming up for this one, if I can get the time off from work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
ChobahkOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2006 - 11:09 AM

SWEET!!! I just moved to Ann Arbor (Well Chelsea, but is close enough) and now a BB tourney... can it get better? I will be there (hopefully), no off to paint a new team!

-Tick

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2006 - 02:20 PM

United States of America
Awesome, sounds great!

Hopefully the U-Con online pre-registration will be up soon. I was able to haggle a bit on the pricing of the event. It should be $6 for the event and $20 to get a 3 day pass for the convention. Previous years the BB tourney was $10 I believe.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 03, 2006 - 12:34 PM

United States of America
Update to the rules...

After thinking about it, I'm allowing SOME inducements for teams to purchase when they are created. Also, I clarified the Overtime in final round rule. All changes are in red.

http://home.comcast.net/~redhed1211/underworld_files/underworldcup2006.doc

Jonny_POffline
Post subject: PRE-REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!!  PostPosted: Sep 20, 2006 - 03:41 PM

United States of America

You can now officially pre-register for the Underworld Cup BB tournament at the U-Con gaming convention at Univ of MI Student Union in Ann Arbor MI on Nov 18-19.

If you Pre-register the cost is $20 to enter the convention for the entire weekend and an additional $5 for the Underworld Cup event which is on Sat and Sun. If you choose to purchase a ticket at the door it's $25 to get in plus $5 for the event. (I was told it was $6 originally, but the U-Con webpage says $5 so that's what I'm going by).

To register go to:
http://www.ucon-gaming.org

You will want to register for the Weekend Pass and for the Underworld Cup. You can use the BROWSE EVENTS options to see all the games that are going on. Make sure you register for BOTH days of the tournament. The event numbers are MN-SA09-01 for Saturday and MN-SU09-01 for Sunday.

Please either reply to this thread or PM me if you have Pre-registered and also what race you are thinking of bringing. You don't have to stick with that team, but I would like to know who has registered since I will be updating my website to show who is coming.

http://home.comcast.net/~redhed1211/underworld.htm
Make sure you have the most recent tournament rules dated 9/3. Rules are a link on website.

Make sure you read all the general rules and FAQs on the U-Con site. Also take special note of the vistor's section:

Quote:
To assist our attendees, U-Con has arranged a number of rooms at the special convention rate of $74 per night at the Fairfield Inn by Marriot. The Fairfield is conveniently located just off State Street near Briarwood Mall. Amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access and deluxe continental breakfast. Please contact the Fairfield Inn at 734-995-5200 and mention U-Con Gaming Convention when you make your reservation.

I was told that this hotel is about 5 miles from the event and the hotels that are closer are much more expensive. There is a free shuttle that will take you over to the Union.

I did some additional research and this info is from Expedia.com on 9/20.

Days Inn - 56/night
America's Best Value Inn - 56/night
Red Roof - 60/night
Super 8 - 65/night
Ann Arbor Univ Hotel - 70/night
Comfort Inn - 75/night
Best Western - 76/night
Fairfield Inn - 79/night, special U-con rate of 74

Address of Univ of MI Student Union:
530 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

Using Mapquest, America's Best Value Inn seems to be the closest at 2.5 miles away and it's on State St which is what the Union is on. No way to get lost! Also it got pretty decent overall rankings 4/5 on Expedia. And it's cheap. 2 Queen size beds is standard.

I'm going to check in on Friday and checkout Sunday so 2 nights. I'll probably book it here soon.

Since this is a gaming convention there are lots of other events going on. You may want to register for some events that occur on Fri or after your BB games on Sat and Sun. Some of the other games include:

Axis and Allies
Hack-n-Slash
Arkham Horror
Chess Variants
Dork Tower
Yu-Gi-Oh
Magic
Mechwarrior
Battletech
HorrorClix
Zombies!
Warhammer Fantasy
Heroclix
Star Wars Miniatures
Battlefleet Gothic
Various D&D
Star Wars D20
Shadowrun
Call of Cthulhu
Rifts
GURPS
Deadlands

Also seminars: Paint and Take, Game Designing, Auction, Building Fantasy worlds, Smithee Awards (worst movie clips), Speedpainting, Storytelling

Lots of prizes will be available including a Resurrection Gutter Runner, Limited Lizardman Cheerleader, Blood Bowl Poster, Impact Miniatures Imp and Deadling Team, Impact Miniatures Snow Troll, Deathmatch BB Novel, and of course the winner gets a pick of the above prizes and the ultimate prize, the Underworld Cup trophy and a free ticket to next year's U-Con convention to defend their title!

Hope to see you all there!

JP

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2006 - 10:05 PM

United States of America
Get your Official UNDERWORLD CUP 2006 T-shirt!

I made one as a test run recently. It turned out well and I will be wearing it on Saturday at the Chaos Cup. I will do my best to model it for you, fat-gamer style! Shocked

If you are attending the Underworld Cup in November and the Chaos Cup this weekend and are interested in a T-shirt, let me know at the Chaos Cup and give me your name and size. I will have them ordered and then give them out to people at the Underworld Cup. Price will be $13, payable at the Underworld Cup.

If you are going to the Underworld Cup, but NOT able to make it to the Chaos Cup, let me know here (reply post or PM) your name and size. Same thing, pickup and pay at Underworld.

DagaronOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2006 - 09:05 PM

This is going to be my first appearance at a blood bowl event. Bringing 2 friends along that are interested as well. Maybe they'll sign up for NAF depending on how things go.

Haven't pre-registered yet but the 3 of us are definitely planning on coming.

NAF Member #9407

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2006 - 10:41 PM

United States of America
That is good news!

Xtreme will be there to take your friend's NAF sign ups if they choose to.

If you get a chance, shoot me a PM with you and your friend's real names and what teams they might want to play so I can add it to my own list I'm keeping.

You'd still want to pre-register on the www.ucon-gaming.org website at some point in the future to save $5.

Jon

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2006 - 10:35 AM

United States of America
Just a reminder to those interested to make sure you Pre-register at http://www.ucon-gaming.org

If you do not pre-register entrance to the convention will be $25 at the door instead of $20 via pre-registration on the website.

You will want to register for the Weekend Pass and for the Underworld Cup. You can use the BROWSE EVENTS options to see all the games that are going on. Make sure you register for BOTH days of the tournament. The event numbers are MN-SA09-01 for Saturday and MN-SU09-01 for Sunday.

I have had quite a few people tell me they are coming, but as of yesterday, not too many had been pre-registered. Save 5 bucks guys!

Darb27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 06, 2006 - 03:30 PM

I just signed up for the tournament. I am a friend of Nyarlathotep and just recently picked up Bloodbowl in last 6 months. So this will be my first Tournament. Hope to not make a fool of myself and see you guys there.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 06, 2006 - 04:42 PM

United States of America
Good to hear from you Darb. Bryan said he had a couple recruits. Are you playing Lizardmen?

Don't worry about making a fool of yourself. It will be a very laid back tournament with players that are interested in having a good time first and foremost.

Remember, now that we are on LRB5, even the veteran players still have to look up the rules now and then.

Jon

DagaronOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 09, 2006 - 05:02 AM

Just pre-registered for the event and both days. Turns out my friends Rich & Matt are coming with me and will be observing but won't be playing in the Blood Bowl tourny (they want to check it out and be free for the sealed deck Magic Tourny). So it's just me w/ my Tomb Kings team.

NAF Member #9407

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 09, 2006 - 08:31 AM

United States of America
Glad to hear you are making it. But wait - Magic beat out Blood Bowl??? NOOOOOOOOOOO! Wink

ALSO:

Pre-registration will be closing Saturday night at 11:59pm Eastern time.

If you do not pre-register you will have to pay $30 ($25 for U-con weekend pass + $5 for Tournament) at the door. If you pre-register the U-con weekend pass is only $20 and you don't have to stand in any lines. We are starting early on Saturday morning so saving time will help.

Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2006 - 07:47 AM

Carol Stream
Good news - I got the thumbs up, and I am now registered and confirmed to be there.

Bad news - I have to figure out what team I am playing.

One thing for sure, should be a great time whatever I play and even if I do worse than I did at the Chaos Cup.

See you guys in a few days!

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2006 - 09:56 AM

United States of America
The Underworld Cup is just a few days away. Here are some updates and reminders...

MINOR RULE CHANGE
You and your opponent will use the same D6's and Blocking dice for the game.
Please tell your opponent before each game which players you gave your additional 6 skills to and what they are.

WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
Blood Bowl game board, dugouts, and football
Scatter, Passing, Throw-in Templates
3 Block Dice
2 D6's
1 D8
1 D12 or D16 (optional, I have one you can use if needed)
2 copies of your roster. The roster must indicate your 6 skill choices and be easy to read. I will keep one.
Your NAF Log in ID and/or NAF tournament number

WHAT I WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
Printout of Underworld Cup rules
Quick reference sheets including LRB5 skill descriptions, injury, kickoff, weather, and Agility tables.
Game sheet to track your points throughout the games

SCHEDULE
Saturday 11/18
9:00 ??? 10:00 ??? Registration
10:00 ??? 12:00 ??? GAME 1
12:00 ??? 1:00 ??? Lunch/Paint Judging
1:00 ??? 3:00 ??? GAME 2
3:00 ??? 4:00 ??? Break
4:00 ??? 6:00 ??? GAME 3

Sunday 11/19
9:00 ??? 11:00 ??? GAME 4
11:00 ??? 12:00 ??? Lunch
12:00 ??? 2:00 ??? GAME 5
2:00 ??? 3:00 ??? Break
3:00 ??? 4:00 ??? AWARDS CEREMONY

THIS TOURNAMENT TAKES PLACE IN EASTERN TIME ZONE. ADJUST ACCORDINGLY!

PRIZES FOR EVERYONE
Every coach that completes all 5 games will receive an official NAF ball as a special gift. There are 3 different models. Two are pictured below.

The 3rd one is like the one on the left but the ball is tilted a bit. Thank you to Old Man Monkey for assisting with this.

HOTEL
I will be staying at America's Best Value Inn. I have heard a few other coaches are there too. If anyone else besides me is getting there on Friday night, we can meet in the lobby and go out for food and drinks later on if they like. We can even do some carpooling on Saturday to the convention to save on Parking fees as listed below. On Sunday, most of us will be leaving straight from the convention however.

PARKING
Parking is free at the Student Union after 6pm on Friday. $9 for Parking all day Saturday and you can go in and out. Parking is free on Sunday.

REGISTRATION
Those who have pre-registered will still need to pick up their badge at U-Con registration. Those who have not pre-regisitered will need to register at U-Con before the Underworld Cup's first game takes place (again make sure to choose weekend pass and both event codes: MN-SA09-01 for Saturday and MN-SU09-01 for Sunday) If you can do this on Friday night that would be great, but otherwise you can do this starting at 9am on Saturday. Our first game is not until 10am so it should give you enough time.

UNDERWORLD QUIZ
After the Awards ceremony I will have a few quiz questions. There will be a few more prizes available for getting the right answers. Study the LRB5 rulebook guys. That's my only hint. Smile

See everyone in a few days!

Jonny P

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic