NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 10:17 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Halfling team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
UthracOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 09:08 AM

CyberHare wrote:
He also did comparatively badly in sportsmanship. Actually he tied for the worst overall sportsmanship score now that I'm looking at it.

I'm not sure it's very sporting of you to post that in a public forum . . . Wink

Reply with quote Back to top
MightyQOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 09:11 AM

Bevan wrote:

(Win = 4, draw = 3, loss = 2, +1 for a 2TD win, -1 for a 2TD loss and 1 for the casualty winner, 0.5 each if drawn)

Personally I dont like how close the points are for wins, draws & loses... But like the idea that there are say certain amount of points like the +1 for winning casualties and it is 0.5 if they tie...

For the Bonus system, how about there be certain amount of points that can be earned like for :

winning by touchdowns
+2 win = 8 pts
+1 win = 6 pts
Tie = 4 points
-1 win = 2 pts
-2 loss = 0 pts

maybe the same for casualties... It's kind of odd if someone wins 1-0 in casualties in some tournaments they get +10 points, but if another game was 6-6 in casualties, they get nothing...

Casualties
1+ = 2
tie = 1
1- = 0

me personally dont think casualties should get as much credit as touchdowns

Also Maybe something for wins, draws loses

Win 40
Tie 20
lose 0

Win = 40, win by 2+ = 8, Cas + = 2 = total of 50 points that can earned each game...

Might not even need the extra w/l/t points as people are already getting points in how much they win by...

Whatcha think ???

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:29 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      CyberHare wrote:
      Doubleskulls wrote:
Better yet, a tournament in a pub! Then you don't need to break at all Wink

Ahh the holy grail of Blood Bowl. Someday I'll find a pub over here that'll allow a bunch of geeks to take over the place for the weekend. No such luck to date though Crying or Very sad

In London the PK&Q is in a pub (as is Carnage). Some pubs are really quite at weekends (normally those in the CBD where they are servicing the lunchtime & after work trade) - so are often quite or even closed. The extra business from a tournament is often welcome trade to them.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:36 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      Bevan wrote:
Doubleskulls had the same number of points as me. We both had 3 wins but his 2 draws and a loss should have beaten my 3 losses, except that all my wins were by 2TDs or more. Rolling Eyes

Yep. I know this is a point of disagreement between us. I don't like how important the margin of victory is in your scoring system and I'd like to see an extra point for winning (so there is no overlap between wins & draws, and draws & losses). That would also slightly reduce the influence of margin of victory.

Anyway, this isn't an area for absolutes and I don't think you are giving an advantage to a specific race so I'm more than happy to compete under the rules as they stand.

BevanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2006 - 03:37 AM

Doubleskulls wrote:
      Bevan wrote:
Doubleskulls had the same number of points as me. We both had 3 wins but his 2 draws and a loss should have beaten my 3 losses, except that all my wins were by 2TDs or more. Rolling Eyes

Yep. I know this is a point of disagreement between us. I don't like how important the margin of victory is in your scoring system and I'd like to see an extra point for winning (so there is no overlap between wins & draws, and draws & losses). That would also slightly reduce the influence of margin of victory.

Anyway, this isn't an area for absolutes and I don't think you are giving an advantage to a specific race so I'm more than happy to compete under the rules as they stand.

Hey, this isn't my scoring system. Embarassed My program was sorting out the matches but the program can use any scoring system the tournament organiser wants. Since the scoring is used at CanCon I assume Babs made it up and Freckles uses it as well established system.

It does have the advantage, that Babs mentioned previously, that it keeps interest in a game that has been clearly won, by making it worth trying to close a 2 TD gap back to 1 TD. I am less happy about the effect of coaches checking the casualty count and desperately fouling to get ahead there, since injuries carry forward to the next games.

BevanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2006 - 03:45 AM

MightyQ wrote:
6 Rounds, why do teams have different amount of games played, 4 ,5 & 6...

There were 15 coaches so there was 1 bye in each round (counted as a draw but not shown as a draw in the rankings). The "4" was due to my carelessly giving myself only 1 loss instead of 3 Embarassed I've corrected that now.

Usually the lower ranking teams were given the byes so most of the top group played 6 games.

UthracOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2006 - 01:09 PM

Quote:
I am less happy about the effect of coaches checking the casualty count and desperately fouling to get ahead there, since injuries carry forward to the next games.

Fouls don't count for casulaties . . . Wink

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2006 - 09:22 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
They do under that scoring system...

Also the majority of Australian tournaments are run using normal league rules, so encouraging last turn fouling is much less palatable than it is in resurrection style tournaments.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic