NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 12:48 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bloodweiser. The best an Orc can git. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Stunty Cup (a la Q'ermitt)  PostPosted: May 12, 2006 - 07:29 AM

Canada
The Stunty Cup is a mini tourney run on the Saturday night of "The Challenge of Q'ermitt" tournament. To be clear, players attending the Q'ermitt tournament may also play in the Stunty Cup on the Saturday night.

Those who are unable to attend "The Challenge" can attend the Stunty Cup for a cost of $6 Can, which will cover basic expenses.

Those attending "The Challenge of Q'ermitt" will not have to pay extra for this event. Although space will be limited to the first eight players to express their committment to attend this event.

The format will be players play off against a randomly determined opponent on a regular BB pitch. The first touchdown scored wins. the winners of the prlimenary round go to a crazy 4-way Deathbowl round where again the first TD will be decleared the winner of the Stunty Cup.

Teams should be made up of stunty only players and special rules for weapons will be allowed. (No Big Guys!) There will be additional teams allowed as inspired by some of the teams on the FUMBBL system (more on that later). Amount of $ for team creation and cost of secret weapons will be discussed later.

Any other suggestions are open, as this is primarily a tournament for fun - nothing to be taken too seriously! There is no NAF ranking for this event, so just come on out and have fun with what are probably some of the craziest teams in Blood Bowl!

We can hope that defending Stunty Cup champion Joe "Grell" Michaud will be returning to defend his title. Maybe he will be able to re-enact his previous victory by hopping a pogo goblin over the head of an opposing player, dodging away and then "going for it" four times(!) to be able to score the winning TD.

Spazz

Spots taken -

Clan Skaven -Skinks
Talons - Skinks
Chairface - Skinks
Dan Campbell - Goblins
Glenn Jones - (Gnomes or Fairies)
Chris - (undecided)
Ben- (undecided)
Addam- (undecided)

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Last edited by Spazzfist on Jul 20, 2006 - 09:33 AM; edited 8 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: Re: Stunty Cup (a la Q'ermitt)  PostPosted: May 12, 2006 - 10:17 AM

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
The Stunty Cup is a mini tourney run on the Saturday night of "The Challenge of Q'ermitt" tournament. To be clear, players attending the Q'ermitt tournament may also play in the Stunty Cup on the Saturday night.

Those who are unable to attend "The Challenge" can attend the Stunty Cup for a cost of $6 Can, which will cover basic expenses.

Those attending "The Challenge of Q'ermitt" will not have to pay extra for this event. Although space will be limited to the first eight players to express their committment to attend this event.

The format will be players play off against a randomly determined opponent on a regular BB pitch. The first touchdown scored wins. the winners of the prlimenary round go to a crazy 4-way Deathbowl round where again the first TD will be decleared the winner of the Stunty Cup.

Teams should be made up of stunty only players and special rules for weapons will be allowed. (No Big Guys!) There will be additional teams allowed as inspired by some of the teams on the FUMBBL system (more on that later). Amount of $ for team creation and cost of secret weapons will be discussed later.

Any other suggestions are open, as this is primarily a tournament for fun - nothing to be taken too seriously! There is no NAF ranking for this event, so just come on out and have fun with what are probably some of the craziest teams in Blood Bowl!

We can hope that defending Stunty Cup champion Joe "Grell" Michaud will be returning to defend his title. Maybe he will be able to re-enact his previous victory by hopping a pogo goblin over the head of an opposing player, dodging away and then "going for it" four times(!) to be able to score the winning TD.

Spazz

I predict that the 12-man Skink team will take home the prize this year. Movement 8 and 12 guys on the pitch? How can you lose? Rolling Eyes

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: Stunty Cup (a la Q'ermitt)  PostPosted: May 12, 2006 - 10:44 AM

Canada
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:

I predict that the 12-man Skink team will take home the prize this year. Movement 8 and 12 guys on the pitch? How can you lose? Rolling Eyes

Well there was two skink teams last year, and they didn't win, so there is no knowing! Sometimes those gobbo secret weapons can actually work to the gobbo's advantage!

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: Re: Stunty Cup (a la Q'ermitt)  PostPosted: May 12, 2006 - 03:08 PM

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:

Well there was two skink teams last year, and they didn't win, so there is no knowing! Sometimes those gobbo secret weapons can actually work to the gobbo's advantage!

Cool...I guess 12 players on the pitch will be legal again this year ala Mr Talons. Go SKINKS!

NAF Member #5236
---

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2006 - 05:06 PM

Canada
How about a team of Gutter Runners? They're strenght 2. No Stunty but thats a peanlty and an asset (no +1 to injury, but you gotta count tazkle zones)

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2006 - 06:32 PM

Canada
      Paul wrote:
How about a team of Gutter Runners? They're strenght 2. No Stunty but thats a peanlty and an asset (no +1 to injury, but you gotta count tazkle zones)

Dream on! Laughing

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2006 - 05:40 PM

Canada
Here is a list of the teams that will be allowed in this year's Stunty Cup. Some of these are borrowed from Fumbbl (I hope that I am not crossing anyone by doing this)! Some of the teams have been slightly modified to suit what I felt was fair. For a full list of what each team has to offer, then PM me with an e-mail address where I can send it to you, alternatively, I will be posting them on the Q'ermitt website later tonight.

The teams are:

Chaos Halflings (no chefs though!)
Eshin Adepts (there you go Paul - gutter runners!)
Fairie (with "lucky charm" rerolls)
Gnome (no cannons as the TTM would be too much)
Goblin Cheaters
Halfling (with a cleaver weilding chef added to the roster)
Nurgling (FA for every nurgling to make up for their useless regenerate and the ability to buy tentacles)
Pygmy
Skink
Squig Herder

Hopefully no one team will totally dominate, but I think that should not be the case.

I also want to be clear when I say while this is supposed to be a fun, quick and dirty tourney, I do want the teams to be properly represented. I have included the more unusual teams (e.g. gnomes and fairies) but if you wish to play these teams they must closely resemble the models that they are representing WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) is in effect. I do not want different kinds of goblins and halflings representing fairies (unless properly coverted and painted).

I will be looking at the stats and deciding on how much each team gets for creation - if anyone else wants to help out in that department and give their thoughts I would appreciate it.

Spazz

Last edited by Spazzfist on Jul 15, 2006 - 05:43 PM; edited 2 times in total

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 17, 2006 - 08:15 PM

Canada
Okay,
After doing some number crunching and hashing out some ideas with Rod, I have come up with the follwing rules:

1) All teams will be created with eight players, no more, no less
2) All coaches will have 500K to create their teams
3) To ensure speed of play - NO REROLLS WILL BE ALLOWED (with the exception of halfling teams who can purchase the chance to get them with ingredients)
4) Coaches may buy a Fan Factor of up to 9.
5) To determine who receives the first (and only) kick off of the game, each coach rolls 2d6 and adds their Fan Factor - the winner receives.

This should make for some quick and crazy games! Remember to register ASAP if you are planning on coming out for this one!

Spazz

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 01:09 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Hod one spot for me I'll be one of two different races (Skinks or Goblin Cheaters)

I'm drunk GW Cnadada blows donkey stuff & wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 07:17 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Ahh yes aren't hangovers great! Laughing Embarassed Wink Rolling Eyes

Rod

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 07:36 AM

Canada
And you wonder why people sometimes have trouble taking you seriously? Rolling Eyes Laughing

EDIT - I have you down for one of the spots. I assume that Joe will be coming to defend his title of Stunty King?

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 01:08 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
And you wonder why people sometimes have trouble taking you seriously? Rolling Eyes Laughing

EDIT - I have you down for one of the spots. I assume that Joe will be coming to defend his title of Stunty King?

Not for sure, but I'd say both Joe & Rob will be also up from the Falls!

Rod

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 01:10 PM

Canada
      Clan-Skaven wrote:

Sorry, what's not for sure? Your coming down? You had better have a DAMN good reason if you're not going to be there! Wink

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 01:12 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Clan-Skaven wrote:

Sorry, what's not for sure? Your coming down? You had better have a DAMN good reason if you're not going to be there! Wink

D'uh! I'm saying I'm not sure if Joe & Rob are coming!

Rod

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 01:13 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Clan-Skaven wrote:

you see that hair cut? Hes got anohter one coming right? And odds are, if he shows at the Q'ermitt, hes going to get another one after that.

Yea, I wouldn't be sure if I were coming too if I were Rod.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic