NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 05:31 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nuffle is a Blackshirt rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: New Q'ermitt Pitch - Orcs!  PostPosted: May 13, 2006 - 05:20 PM

Canada
Before I present the rules I would like to quickly acknowledge the ideas of John K. Lewis that inspired me to begin The Challenge of Q???ermitt tournament, and I have made good use of his stadium ideas and modified weather tables (with GW permission, of course! Wink)

I would also like to acknowledge the idea support of Rod (aka Clan-Skaven for this one, as it was his idea for the Waaaaagh! of the fans. An idea that I am very fond of!

My goal with each of the race-specific boards is to give the ???home team??? a slight edge. In this case the Waaaaagh is not as dangerous to the orcs on the pitch, as well as the possibility of a gale force wind will ensure the shut down of a passing game (which could mean trouble if the orcs are playing dwarves!)

I welcome all feedback.

Orc Stadium Rules

Weather:
The Orca ???Cola arena is situated in a mountainous area. This affects the weather that could be seen during the game. Please use the following weather table.

2 ??? Gale Force Winds - (no passing, all kick offs are touchbacks)
3 - Strong Winds (determine wind direction using scatter, all kick offs and inaccurate passes will go d6 in that direction)
4-5 - Very Sunny (as normal)
6-10 ??? Nice (as normal)
11 ??? Blizzard (as normal)
12 ??? Ice Storm (GFI is at -2 and only quick passes)

Jumb-Orc Tron Screen:
A large screen stands at one end of the pitch showing instant replays of particularly gruesome scenes on the pitch, and of course advertising the many sponsors of the orc stadium. While many of the fans become enthralled by the pictures on the screen, so to do some of the players forget what is happening, as they are mesmerized by the flashing images.

Before each drive, each of the coaches should roll a d6 for each of the players on the pitch. On the roll of a 1, that player is treated as Bonehead until they manage to roll a 2+ to begin one of their actions. Essentially this means that they remain standing, but have no tackle zones as they watch the action on the screen.

The Waaaaagh!:
The general blood bowl fan is a maniacal bloodthirsty lunatic, that is driven into a frenzy by the mayhem and carnage on the Blood Bowl field. The orc fans make the regular fans look like a bunch of namby wood elves. Every time that a casualty is scored (by foul or block) or a player is pushed into the crowds, add one more letter (or the final punctuation mark) to the Waaaaagh! At the bottom of the Jumb-Orc Tron Screen. Once all nine spaces are filled, then the orc fans have been brought to such a fevered pitch that the next kick off result will automatically be a ???12??? on the kick off table, as per the kick off rules below. If a Waaaaagh! Has been created, then all orc players on the field will also feel the effects of this orcy phenomenon. All orc players that are stunned by this pitch invasion as a result of a Waaaaagh! can ignore it???s effects on the dice roll of 4+.

Kick off table:

2 ??? I???ll rip yer Zoggin ???eart out! The rowdy fans get so infused with the violence (and promise of more to come) that they begin fighting amongst themselves. The game is delayed for d3 turns as the players wait for the fans to wear themselves out enough to allow them to continue playing.

3 ??? Get the Ref! (as per normal kick off rules)

4 ??? Perfect Defense (as per normal kick off rules)

5 ??? Cheering fans (as per normal kick off rules)

6 - Bad Kick (as per normal kick off rules).

7 - Weather change (as per normal kick off rules)

8 ??? Quick Snap (as per normal kick off rules)

9 ??? Brilliant coaching (as per normal kick off rules)

10 ??? Take that ya git! A rowdy orc fan has half finished his bottle of Bloodweiser beer and decided that perhaps one of the players would like to finish it for him. Each coach rolls a d6, the lower score being the victim of the attack. Randomize one of the players on the pitch and immediately roll for them on the injury table and apply the results. After this is done, roll another d6, if a 6 is rolled, the fans are not done! Randomly determine which side is being affected, select another player, roll for injury etc. (this could result in several players being injured!)

11 ??? Blitz! (as per normal kick off rules)

12 ??? Get ???em boyz! The fans are unsatisfied with the mayhem on the blood pitch and decide to create some of their own. Swarming the field, the fans attack the Blood Bowl players. Each coach should roll a d6 for each player from their team that is on the field at the time of this result. On the roll of ???6??? they have been stunned by the bloodthirsty crowd and should be placed face down. (Please note the special rules if this is a result of an orcy Waaaaagh! as described above).

EDIT - Let me just say for the record now that my first priority is to get the Skaven pitch done for this year's Q'ermitt tourney. If I am able I will get this one there too, but cannot be sure that I will have the time.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic